Should death penalty be allowed?

Should death penalty be allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection#Potassium_chloride
theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Only for traitors.

No, it doesn't work, see USA

Yes

yea

no because then i will be executed

>should corrupt governments be allowed to legally murder unconvienient people?
Some people deserve death, but the risk of abusing death penalty is too high.
Forced labour is a smarter form of punishment anyway.

Of course it should. Why should corrupts and criminals be incarcerated and live off the taxpayer's money?

>50%

Oh, really.

No reason the death penalty to exist. It doesn't save money and the chance for a wrongful execution is too high

ofc

Yes.

The legal battles after the death sentence is passed cost more than lifetime incarceration

This actually

>turkey
>92%
i could believe even something like 80%, but that is just too much. can you point me to the data?

this desu
how is death penalty more expensive than a lifetime in jail?

Only in military to keep discipline tbqh

I'm fine with it; on one hand, I'm not going to sperg out about "muh human rights" like the EU seems to, and I don't really have much pity for those on Death Row, but OTOH it is more expensive and takes longer to do than Life Without Parole.

>how is death penalty more expensive than a lifetime in jail?

That's a Western meme, they're talking about 'muh investigation costs' when really it's just the cost of a handful of bullets at best

That, and the cost of appeals, which is higher in a federal country like the US.

>tfw my State abolished it because Chicago cops are too corrupt to keep innocents of Death Row
This is why we can't have nice things.

They should reserve it for people who did a heinous crime that can be proved without a doubt, that way somebody won't be wrongly executed because his wife lied in court or the forensic people fucked something up

For the sake of comparison, the US is around 66% support, IIRC, though that probably varies wildly by party and State.

Holy shit really? I always thought it was some sort of "muh sacred human rights" thing.

It makes no sense, because a potassium-chloride injection thats used in lethal injection litteraly cant cost more than a few dollars.

Capital Punishment should be mandatory (or at least the default) for Treason and discretionary for Murder and maybe Rape.

That's probably a part of it in Europe, but it isn't really seen as a human rights abuse any more than prison is in the US. In any case Nitrogen Asphyxiation is probably the best method tbqh.

Not sure if best method. Helium Asphyxiation or as some call it, "exit bag" is painless and a sleep death. Potassium-chloride hets your heart to slow down, and eventualy stop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection#Potassium_chloride

What's going on in Romania?

>portulenients

Feels good being in a civilized country.

>get accused of any of those
>get killed
>turns out there was evidence that proves you were innocent
>can't unkill you
did I mention there is no evidence that death penalty decreases crime?

That's why it's likely to be a bad idea in practice, and why Illinois did abolish it

>50%
(X) Doubt

In any case, minimum sentences for stuff often tell more than the maximum sentence, especially in places like the US where all 50 states have Life Without Parole. Here's a map.

Well, France was the last country in Western Europe to abolish it, in the late 1970s.

Absolutely not. Turks are subhuman and deserve the shit caliphate they're about to have.

I know, but I have seen other polls saying its closer to 25-30%, and it matches with personnal experience, so I dont think Ill believe that one (also no source).

Fair enough.

Yes, death penalty for the infidels and those who break the Sharia, indullilah insallam.

no

Yes, but only in exceptional cases such as multiple murders

>Sweden
Gee, I wonder who's behind that...

yes, why the fuck should i pay for some subhuman who raped and killed a kid free food and shelter for the rest of hes life?

It's part of being civilised. Maybe some day you'll understand.

>bulgaria
unlikely

No but only because we are in systems run by flawed humans.

this

I can see this; most European countries got rid of it after WW2 and associate it with totalitarian regimes and having a high risk of abuse, while no such association exists in the US.

Yes cuz there is some people who just don't learn and it's easier to kill them than to waste our time rehabilitating them or letting them to rot

but aren't Americans much more suspicious of the government in general? Death penalty in that regard makes no sense in the US
To me it's not that I don't trust my government, I do, but everyone makes mistakes and a single mistake when it comes to human lives is too much. In the US "at least" 4% of those sentenced to death are innocent: theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent
Death penalty also ends up costing more than life in jail

Absolutely not.

everybody is feed up with our "justice" system

>aren't Americans much more suspicious of the government in general?
No, they're more suspicious of the FEDERAL government. State governments generally do what they like

>but aren't Americans much more suspicious of the government in general?
That is a complicated question, worthy of a dissertation IMO. makes a very good point. Also, we are essentially the synthesis of a highly-libertarian culture brought on by the Founding Fathers (who nonetheless themselves saw Capital Punishment as a perfectly legitimate function of the government, hence why it's not unconstitutional) and an authoritarian one brought on by the Puritans and other similar conservatives in the South. Although we say we are rather libertarian and have the whole "don't tread on me" aesthetic, we are also rather strict in our laws with stuff like crime and alcohol, so it would make sense that we inherited Capital Punishment from the British and have decided not to abolish it.

And, for the sake of argument, although 4% is shitty and we've done better since the 1980s, it is still less than the 5% threshold used by most for statistical significance. And in any case Life Without Parole didn't exist until the 1980s, so Death was necessary to make sure that the convict could never get on the streets again.

People are dissatisfied with the government and with gypsies. Considering that the majority of our crime is official corruption and gypsy dealings, to most people death penalty means it'll happen to them.

based france, the last light of reason and decency in western europe

No, the death of one innocent is too large a risk.
We had it for millennia and it was abolished for a reason

>spain
>yes
so progresive OMG such unemplyment ;DDD

No. Some people want to die and for them its not a punishment. Crime should be punished.

>sweden isn't the worst nordic for once

ASSpain being the most disgusting country of Western europe
AGAIN

Yes and on public pls

yes

>tfw my state is the only one who still hangs people
REEE FUCK YOU JAY INSLEE YOU FAGGOT YOU RUINED IT

The Pacific Northwest is a more based version of New England tbqh (other than the whole ""renaming"" of King County, but that's another thing).

jay inslee ruined it, he suspended executions. voted for abortions but put a stop to capital punishment. either life is precious or its not, faggot.
i sincerely hope he loses this election.

>only
Actually, it's legal in new hampshire, too. Pretty decent alternative as it's less prone to error than lethal injection. Though firing squad is the best.

Yes. Allowing death penalty is basically pursuing eugenics

New Hampshire only hangs people if lethal injection isn't an option, and thats never the case anymore.
Washington gave people an option, you can choose lethal injection or hanging. most people choose hanging, and if you dont choose one the default is hanging.

George Ryan suspended executions for us way back in 2000 after the whole Jon Burge scandal showed that 13 of the roughly 170 Death Row inmates were innocent, although with our foot dragging it took us until 2011 to abolish it. In any case:
>pro-choice
>pro-death penalty (sometimes)
>pro-war (ditto)
>pro-gun
>tfw anti-life

Also true. New Hampshire's the only New England state to retain it as of 2016, although it hasn't executed anyone since 1937 IIRC (close to the ideal IMO). Delaware was the latest to actually hang someone, in 1996, although their gallows have since been dismantled.

ah yes here comes the american claiming that abortion is murder

Pretty soon you'll get blown up by Abdul and Aisha, but they'll still stay alive when caught

Where did i claim it? i said you either think life is precious or its not. choose one.
keep projection, achmed.