Jamiroquai

Why wasn't he more popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTx5mJtw9mU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just look at that hat man

jamiroquai were hugely popular everywhere except the US

it took burgerclaps another 10 years for the nu disco fad to catch on

i'm not sure honestly but if i had to guess, it may have been somewhat akin to how Stray Cats tried to make a rockabilly revival but failed after a few years?

Yep, I was just going to specify "stateside".

I remember getting into him back when he was on a coca-cola or pepsi commercial here a very long time ago. I had one other friend that had heard of him. He's musically savvy and plays in a local band.

Also, another one that really bugs me is the criminally underrated Darren Hayes. The guy was a step above Timberlake.

His voice is annoying

because they peaked with their second album

Travelling Without Moving was pretty big in the US though. Virtual Insanity won MTV's music video of the year award in 1996 and Cosmic Girl was at every party. Jay Kay is infamously a piece of shit and after their first three albums they never made anything of note.

napoleon dynamite, come on

weather report

>How about this for the album art?
>Yeah, looks fine. Let's go with that.

what the fuck

holy shit that looks fucking horrible

JUST

their stuff aged pretty well tbqh

tracks like canned heat could be released today and no one would be saying it sounds dated

youtube.com/watch?v=KTx5mJtw9mU

>tracks like canned heat could be released today and no one would be saying it sounds dated
because disco revival is all the rage now

the only genres that sound "dated" are the ones which haven't gone through an ironic revival yet

Their later stuff just wasn't that good, they peaked with Space Cowboy and Travelling Without Moving

I wonder how depressing it is to be a really successful band one decade and complete literal who's the next.

How are Incubus paying the bills?

clear channel radio stations, and i'm being completely serious

He's a poor man's prince.

WHICH BUTTON TURN ON DA FUNK?!?

to think Jamiroquai was like my favorite band ever when i was very young... In fact they were my first favorite musicians.
Feels weird when i listen to them again. But i still like them a lot, they're pretty cool honestly

breakbeat revival when

My mum got me into them when I was younger, now when I see this thread it makes me think why have I never seen anyone discuss them on Sup Forums before? They're great!

WHY?