Is the American beer industry expanding to your area and improving in quality?

Is the American beer industry expanding to your area and improving in quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestgore.com/suicide/thailand-man-shoot-self-head-camera-live-stream-video-facebook/
beermenus.com/places/8212-the-pint-room
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>American beer industry
Good one.

I would never buy an American beer

Then again I don't like beer much at all desu, pretty much only drink it when somebody invites me for it

More and more of our beers are getting rated highly

>improving in quality

Deschutes Brewery was founded in 1988 and is the pinnacle of American beer. Everything after it has been meme garbage like gluten free beer or bacon infused beer.

American "beer"

are you like 15 or something? Do you even go to bars?

Microbrew

NO. Fat americans fail at everything, that including promoting their """beer""" """industry""".

I'm so proud of being Spanish.

Here come all the threatened yurpoors to call craft brewing a meme, then bring up Belgian beers like Budweiser.

>drinking the brewed Jew

>forcing jew into everything

>Drinking American beers instead of glorious French canadian ones.

You win this roundm canadian.

American "beer"

Even shitty mexican beer is better than the American one

It's going to hell with budweiser

Unfortunately more and more are popping up.

Strictly catered to numales who drink beer for """""""taste""""""" and try to make hoppier and hoppier IPAs. That or they just ruin beer by drizzling chocolate or other shit in it.

Any beer of thiers that isn't IPA or oatmeal chocolate stout or whatever shit they don't brew is generally mediocre and bland.

IPAs are so horrid, they have turned it into a bitter contest making undrinkable shit.

>tfw winter soon
feels great desu

I have always liked IPAs, but this grapefruit hops shit has got to fucking stop. And now we have idiots adding real chunks of grapefruit to the brew, because... well... it's just not horrid enough.

>Being this much of an edgy fuccboi
european tier my dude

Fuck off and shave your disgusting beard you vile hipster.

The microbrew meme destroyed any potential we had in great beer.

Well, we have plenty of great beers, just not the hipster aimed bullshit. We have plenty of extremely high rated beers that came from US breweries.

There's so many breweries in Michigan and another one is opening near me. I have to wonder when the market will be saturated?

whats wrong with drinking beer for taste

>Strictly catered to numales who drink beer for """""""taste"""""""

If you don't like the taste of beer, the numale is you, friendo.

>2016
>Still drinking pilsners
>Not drinking an IPA

Americans need to stop with IPAs and they will improve.

My fav right now.

You're in luck, german sours are becoming the new hotness.

>the jew, the whole jew, and nothing but the jew

But yeah, I agree.

We have our own beer and that corp really control and monopolize the imported ones thru tax, so not much foreign beers can reach into our market.
I see some homemade brew these past few months and im yet to try those.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck yea American beer
Kiuu bestgore.com/suicide/thailand-man-shoot-self-head-camera-live-stream-video-facebook/

Yeah, I've noticed that. My local place has started carrying them, as well as lots of ciders and other fruity weirdness.

beermenus.com/places/8212-the-pint-room

Also, the beer got a free exposure in an anime movie once.

>5oz Draft $8
>that's not even including the time

*tip

>MUH ORGANIC CRAFT IPA
I really hate this meme. Americans always find a way to do things in excess. I've tasted a couple of American craft beers and they all share a similar pattern, they're too hoppy and too bitter. It's the counter-culture to your other shitty "beers". The Germans, Belgians, Czechs and so on make good beer because they understand the importance of balance.

I never saw American beer in my life. But our own craft market is booming, which is partially thanks to you I suppose. Thanks, Amerifats.

>Balance
It's always a pilsner and they all taste very similar, never hoppy. Of course you're not going to like IPAs because that's not what your palate is used to.

Celiac disease limits my options. It's a stupid option-limiting illness I tells ya.

But our selection is growing and growing and some of them are pretty good.

Heineken is the best beer tbqh

>It's always a pilsner and they all taste very similar, never hoppy
I honestly don't even know what you mean by this.

>Of course you're not going to like IPAs because that's not what your palate is used to
I like most IPAs. It's just that American IPAs tend to be, like I said, too hoppy. Of course it's not exclusively American IPAs and it's not all American IPAs. Just the majority of the one's I've tasted.

kys

I think the IBU meme is starting to turn. New England-style IPAs are becoming increasingly common, which have lower IBUs than West Coast-style, but still have IPA levels of hop flavor.

>Strictly catered to numales who drink beer for """""""taste"""""""
But that's what beer is for. If all you want is to get drunk there are different drinks for that.

Lolno

You are right.
I have tasted a variety of american crafts IPAs, and they were just always too extreme.
(I actually think belgian trapist beers share a similiar fate)
If you can't drink your beer at a meal, without it overpowering every other taste, then it's not balanced.

I have had some damn fine local brews in Salt Lake City where state law limits ABV of beers on tap to 4.0%. Flavor was great.

It's nice to be able to have several pints over an hour or two without getting wasted.

This, American craft IPAs are always way too bitter.
America does have good beer, Shipyard Export is excellent, but their IPAs are always crap.

This is depressing
Scotch can be cut with water to dilute alcohol and open subtle flavours, beer absolutely should not be. You're just reaching for a justification of shit laws that ruin beer on tap in the Deseret Empire.

>overpowering
>muh beer is too hoppy

I am sorry that you don't understand such a simple concept.
Maybe it's part of the american nature.

>If you can't drink your beer at a meal, without it overpowering every other taste, then it's not balanced.
Americans don't drink IPAs with food. It's meant to be had on its own (although certain food pairings go well with IPAs like carrot cake, and other rich and dense foods that compliment citrus and pine hop flavor).
We mostly drink lagers or wheat beers with food.

thankfully its the other way around, our beer industry is slowly expanding into the US

He's kind of right, modern methods, particularly post-boil addition of hopps, can add the intricacies of various hopps (floral, fruity, etc) without taking the IBU level off the charts (average is around 210 some American IPAs go as high as 650). But, this is extremely rare and most American IPAs are simply way to hoppy and way too bitter.
The fact that IPAs are the biggest share in the American craft brewing industry doesn't help as mote and more breweries are just throwing in hopps and assuming people find this bitterness palatable (which yanks apparently do).

Unfortunately, the trend is getting bigger and more popular every year in mostly America, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and England.

>(average is around 210 some American IPAs go as high as 650)
I think your numbers are off. IPAs rarely exceed 100 IBUs A 210 IBU beer would be undrinkable, let alone 650.

Post your favorite beer

I never understood the sudden obsession with horrible tasting IPAs
I prefer lighter tasting beer but I guess I am just a pleb

>drinking alcohol

No, my numbers aren't off, American IPAs really are just that bitter. I exaggerated the average because the IPAs at under 100 are palatable and barely on par with popular American IPAs, but the well liked Dogfish Head brewery has Hoo Lawd, with a confirmed IBU of 658.
Rather than being laughed out of business, this was considered avant garde and a bold step into the new face of craft IPAs.

I like the America-bashing as much as the next guy, but the liquid doesn't lie. The big American brands are all bad, but the USA is being taken over by craft beer, and American craft beer is some of the best beer in the world.

belgian beers are 11/10. those blondes

t. Mohammed

You're not a pleb, you just have a working palate.

Spaniards don't even drink beer. They drink Mezcal and Cervoise.

>state law limits ABV of beers on tap to 4.0%
wtf. why

stereotyping galore but its fucking fantastic

And before you say Mezcal is from Mexico "hurr durr, stupid cancuck", Mezcal was originally and is still largely produced for the Iberian market. Like Rum, which is almost entirely produced in Jamaica and the West Indies, but is mostly drunk in Britain and the Anglosphere.

>muh micromemeries

It's Utah, so Mormons obviously

Guiness is excellent

Hoo Lawd was intentionally a meme beer. Are you seriously being this dense? Saying that "American IPAs are 210 on average on some reach up to 658" is grossly dishonest. In actuality, most American IPAs are 40-100+ IBUs depending on the style and ONE brewery made a 658 IBU IPA just to see if they could. It was an extremely limited batch experimental beer that everyone agreed was a novelty just to see if they could handle it. You're making it sound like Hoo Lawd is some flagship beer you can just pick up at a grocery store.
>Rather than being laughed out of business, this was considered avant garde and a bold step into the new face of craft IPAs.
Because IBUs have become such a meme, breweries are trying to one-up each other purely for bragging rights. Literally nobody is under the illusion that Hoo Lawd is supposed to be a beer that you just get a six-pack of and drink like a normal beer. You'd have to be retarded or a fucking leaf to think otherwi-
>flag
Oh, I'm sorry. My mistake.

The term is stupid, but it just means small-scale production, as opposed to mass-produced garbage that's meant to serve every idiot and their dog.

It's the difference between a chain restaurant, and a local restaurant, which you Euros would agree provide better quality.

Budweiser pumps out beer for a mass market of hundreds of billions. It makes what sells. Joe schmoe in Arkansas is just making what he thinks tastes good.

It was a production beer, and found on tap

I graduated from Michigan Tech so I drank this a ton.

Once again. As a novelty beer.

The college i go to is on the same place as the Frydenlund brewery used to lie.
Thats why i drink it

GTFO or get drone striked.

He means that most of the market share for Beer in our country is owned by In-Bev and other heathens

>they're too hoppy and too bitter
then don't drink ipas you cuck. Drink pilsners or stouts instead.

ma nigga

>wasting your money on micro-brews

Hoegaarden isn't bad

I don't thinks so. I think there has been only one local beer that I liked and it was a small business.

Not a huge fan of Guinness, but I heard it tastes better in Paddyland.

>russian imperial stout
>not made in britain
absolutely disgusting

Currently drinking this

>nirto
>from a bottle
>nitro ever
eww senpai

Oregon here.

We're a big part of the craft brew scene in the USA. Between us, Colorado and Cali we ARE the American beer scene. Everywhere else in the country is virtually just macro-garbage. Its not like I can't drink beer like that, I'd just not buy it. If I'm at a party, I'll throw back a few cheap ones, because there's absolutely no point drinking quality with plebs.

I live adjacent to Portland, so I think I'm near the largest concentration of breweries in the USA, and there's a lot to try, and new shit pops up every damn day I swear. A lot of breweries just try to hit the staple IPA, Pale Ale, Stout and other basics, but I look for the guys going outta their way. Breakside is really impressive and I enjoy their brews, but I'd say I look for different styles and see what breweries work within those styles.

Its very nice to see all the new stuff and find new favorites. Folks from other countries can shit on our scene, whatever. They get the macro stuff, and its nothing to judge us by, desu.
I've tried beers from around the globe, we even have a few international fests where breweries fight tooth and nail from around the globe to get exposure. I'll say y'all can like your 200+ y/o classic, tried and true beer - but branch off!

PS - Belgium has the best beer outside of USA.
>mfw farmhouse ale

Thanks maybe the beer I had was from one of those states.
So those are the beers I should look at if I want a decent one from the USA.

what's wrong with it, it was tasty

Miller penetrated a bit here in the last 2 years but meh, it's nothing compared to Stella, Heineken, Amstel and our own beers.

okay
im sorry it was a gut reaction
all the nitro ive had is too...thick.
too syrup-y

It wasn't like that at all iirc. It was probably the smoothest beer I've had.

this one is nice

what's your best pale ale?