Where's the best place to start with black metal? Complete noob here. I want something accessible but still raw...

Where's the best place to start with black metal? Complete noob here. I want something accessible but still raw. I do like the melancholy, icy tremolo picked melodies an awful lot, so any of that will be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIhx4C0S0iA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude check out There Is Nothing Left Here by Dead As Dreams it fits perfectly

Listening to Filosofem right now, I tried to listen to it when I was about 10 years younger than I am now & I absolutely hated it; but it sounds a LOT better than I remember. I think I have a much better ear for distortion and fuzz, and I love the atmospherics & sonics.

Will do, thank you!

Can people post black metal guaranteed to give me goosebumps plz? That's what I'm currently after.

bumping for suggestions on this post

Help a brother out guys

listen to Tsjuder - Desert Northern hell
and Marduk - Those of the Unlight
expand and see what you like from here

Transilvanian Hunger I guess

Cheers

Ahhhh of course, dogshit-obvious entry level is always the best starting point. Cheers.

So guys I'm still listening to Filosofem & I've enjoyed it apart from the 25 minute synth track - on first listen it outstayed its welcome 15 minutes ago, I'm bored as fuck but commited to not skipping. My mind's wandering though.

has anyone got a black metal essentials chart?

Listening to In The Nightshade Eclipse - this is fucking good stuff

>asking Sup Forums for black metal recommendedations

lmao@U

Pshhh, where else am I meant to look? Fuck it, I've got some super entry level albums queued, I don't care besides.

try rotting christ-Aealo

Immortal. It's pleb friendly but still black metal enough.

Queued - cheers dude

Would prefer good classics, and by the sound of things I want more melodic & majestic stuff as opposed to the more depressive styles. Although I'm open to anything, it's really doing it for me today

Got At The Heart Of Winter queued already - cheers though

deathspell omega - smrc

Emperor - In the Nighside Eclipse
youtube.com/watch?v=iIhx4C0S0iA

I like the remastered version from 2014
original sounds more raw

Listening to this right now & it's definitely my favorite so far. On my first listen & it's already given me goosebumps a few times.

Got some Deathspell queued up but I'll keep that album in consideration

It's boiling hot but it still feels like a BM kinda day today

Immortal - Battles in the North
god tier black metal

Automated discogs recommendations are more useful than this place, in all honesty.

Looks like I'mma be listening to a few Immortal albums. They were the band that put me off the genre when I first got into metal because I thought they looked hilarious - will be listening with my ears only this time though

I'll have to have a look

nargaroth- black metal ist kreig

>needless to say, first 4 darkthrone and burzum albums

immortal- battles in the north
thy light- suici.de.pression

Which of the first 4 Burzum records should I listen to if I don't want another 25 minute long synth repetition?

Filosofem is literally the only consistently enjoyable burzum release.

I loved the ambient influence when it was used to compliment the rest of the music, in fact I enjoyed all of it apart from that track.

Understandable. It's certainly divisive.

>This many posts
>Still no Bergtatt

Get Ulver- Bergtatt. It's the best classic anyway. Also check out:
Dissection- Storm of Light's Bane
Root- The Book
Master's Hammer- Ritual
Primordial- To the Nameless Dead
(I'm going to get shit for this, but it sounds like you'd dig blackgaze, so check out these too)
Alcest- Écailles de lune
An Autumn for Crippled Children- Try Not to Destroy Everything You Love

Oh yeah, and Sabbat- The Dwelling

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss was fairly good though honestly

Mayhem- De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is another black metal classic that's actually worth checking out.

Sojourner - Empires of Ash
a lot of folk influence but I thought you might like it
Batushka - Litourgiya
Just listen to it, its great

Ritual is the only passable release there, and even so, it's proto black metal. Please don't post again.

Mgla - all of their stuffs
Peste noire - la sanie des siecles
destroyer 666 - phoenix rising
vinterland - welcome my last chapter
cult of fire - all of their stuffs (I wouldn't say this one is raw, but the tremolo melodies this band made is really something)

Gorgoroth first three albums are highly recommended