At a party

>At a party
>Shit rap and old 2000's hits being played
>A bro at the party says "You haven't picked a song all night, what kind of music do you like and I'll put some on"
>Me: "Nah, I don't mind. Whatever is fine."
>"Come on, user. What music do you like?"
>Me: "I like punk"
>"Oh." *Walks away and I continue to hear Drake and some Ja Rule song from 2001
>mfw

>"I like punk"

I'm sorry, user... But they had better taste than you.

You're obviously better person than them because your taste in music differs amirite

Quads confirm punk is eternal shit

Yes, user. That is exactly right. I think my tastes are better. I'm sorry you don't agree and enjoy Ja Rule; however, my point was don't ask me what I want to listen to, I say it's fine I don't care, they insist, and then I say what I'm into and it's like "Oh well nevermind".

You failed musical taste and reading comprehension. Kudos, user.

Maybe you should have shown them a good punk song. People like guitar music. If you played seek and destroy I'm sure they would have been alright with it.

>my point was
I think it's painfully obvious what the point of your post was, and it isn't the one where you pretend to be the victim.

stop being so autistic, i don't like Ja Rule either but it's just fucking music. try to enjoy stuff outside of your comfort zones you autie and dont feel better about yourself for listening to better music

How are you so fucking stupid?

It's not about the party playlist consisting of Ja Rule. It's not about what they were playing. The OP itself says he didn't care.

It's about the fact that the friend in the OP's post pretended to care about what the OP liked, pretended to want to appease his taste to the point of fucking repeatedly insisting that he (OP) share some glimpse of his tastes. Then when the OP did, his friend just fucking walked away and nothing changed.

It's about people (normies) who pretend to be interested in what you enjoy when really they're only trying to validate their own knowledge of, and taste in, music and will fucking drop you and your conversation the moment you present a potential threat to said knowledge and taste.

So what exactly do you think the OP did wrong?

Fucking tell me.

>So what exactly do you think the OP did wrong?
The post is obviously patronizing and a desperate attempt to search approval. If you're main goal is to create a normie shaming thread then you could for example not act like an idiot yourself in the OP.

I'm just using this thread as an excuse to post smug anime faces at this point.

The OP describes a scenario and follows with a reaction to said scenario. It's not a search for approval.

>I'm just using this thread as an excuse to post smug anime faces at this point
Don't worry; I've noticed. That explains why you clearly didn't read my post an think I'm the OP, when I clearly fucking referred to the OP as a separate entity, and not myself.

>act like an idiot yourself in the OP
You've still yet to explain what the OP (NOTE: I AM NOT THE OP) did wrong.

You clearly cling to the reactionary, ill-conceived belief that normies ought not be shamed for being vapid creatures, despite fucking asking for it in every facet of their existence, but this is an instance where shaming is absolutely appropriate.

NOTE: While I did ask you to reply to this post, you really shouldn't bother. Through your own admission and my own close assessment, I've determined that you're not worth the discourse.

FINAL NOTE: Again, do not reply to this post, because I won't read it, and I won't reply to you.

His actions at the party were basically not wrong. Posting this thread was pointless though.

Why do you type like a retard?

>It's not a search for approval
By calling the music "shit" he effectively places his tastes above everyone else. When he is turned down by these people with shit taste, conclusion is "his" smug face of contempt. The entire thread is a search for validation and an attempt to shame "normies" because they didn't like his superior taste. If this doesn't strike you as being an patronizing ass then cool I guess. Even the fact you use word "normie" unironically sets you on a same level with the average /r9k/ goer. It's really hard to differentiate between you and OP as you both share the same retarded writing style and world-views that are twisted to present yourself somehow above the average, while you are ultimately having an autistic fit on a imageboard about someone that supposedly isn't even you.

I know you did read this anyway even though you make a big deal of pretending not to. You seem like that kind of a person.

What a shitty fucking thread.

JA RULE & ASHANTI > NERD ASS PUNK

>Listening to punk

>"I like punk"

damn user, chill out
please try to find something better to do than to reply to some faggot posting weeabo shit on Sup Forums

what a shitty host i would've let you put on any song of your choosing

have you been to a party? you can't just play whatever you want at a party just because one or two people like it, you gotta keep the same vibe.

user gets rekt episode 10283

WE BE RUNNIN & GUNNIN 'EM DOWN

nah thats bullshit everyone gets to play one song of their choosing otherwise it isn't fair

>le i like this music so, for whatever reason, I better than you.
Here, you have some attentios, m8.

is this the smug anime face thread

Jesus Christ OP let me teach you something
Don't be that guy
Put on Changes by Tupac. Chicks LOOOOVE Tupac. It shows you're a G and you still keep it real. Changes is the right song because not only is it nostalgic for a lot of people, it will stand out and fit in with the music. If you don't play party music that fits, they will be all "who invited this dude"

it is

OP was bait, but this is genuine loser faggot 'sits by himself at lunch' nerd rage isn't it lmao hahaha what a looser

>it's a normie blogs about his real life instead of talking about music episode

I Could Live in Hope is the best album Low put out.

>By calling the music "shit" he effectively places his tastes above everyone else
No. By calling the music "shit" he effectively did this thing called sharing your opinion.
>When he is turned down by these people with shit taste, conclusion is "his" face of contempt
Which is accurate. Contempt in that situation is absolutely fucking accurate, not because of the OP's perceived superior tastes, but because his retarded friend approached him and fucking insisted that he share his music tastes so the party playlist could reflect the preferences of everyone present, only to fucking dismiss him.

That's what inspired his contempt, and it's fucking appropriate.

>if this doesn't strike you as being a patronizing ass then cool I guess
You dumb motherfucker. How do you STILL not understand this? Prior to this response, I feel I must've fucking told you at least twice now that it's not ABOUT the OP's taste vs the tastes of the people at that party. It's about the fact that OP's friend is an insincere ass interested solely in validating his knowledge of, and taste in, music. It's not about this subjective "what I like" vs "what you like" bullshit. It's about objectively fucking reprehensible attributes of the typical normie.

>le normies don't exist narrative
Cute.

>wow you don't have friends LMAO you're such a loser LMAO I MY SELF-ESTEEM IS DEPENDENT ON THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS LMAO
Note: I'm not mad at the people the OP describes. I scarcely expect anything more than narcissism and vanity from normies, which is why I've made self-sufficiency my foremost pursuit in life. I don't want to have to deal with people more than I absolutely fucking have to.

I'm mad about the retards in this thread that don't understand the source of the OP's grievances.

maybe you should have enjoyed the party and ignored the music

Ah shit, time to toss out my Black Flag records

What is this album, I am interested in slowcore and I heard that this was it, can you name any similar bands while I go look for an album download?

HE WAS IGNORING THE MUSIC YOU FUCKING IDIOT

CAN YOU READ?

THE OP, IN PLAIN, MOTHERFUCKING PLAIN ENGLISH TEXT SAYS THAT HE WAS CONTENT TO LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY WERE PLAYING, NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE PERSONALLY DID NOT LIKE IT

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE OP DISLIKING THE MUSIC THEY WERE PLAYING

THIS IS ABOUT SOME FAGGOT NORMIE PRETENDING THAT HE'D BE A GOOD HOST AND APPEASE A GUEST AT HIS PARTY WHEN HE REALLY ONLY WANTED FUCKING VALIDATION

This is Sup Forums level of retard holy shit

lol fuck off r9k

>WHAT IS HTIS ALBUM
HOW ARE YOUF UCKING STUPID?

HE LITERALLY FUCKING SAYS THE ALBUM IN THAT POST, AND THE BAND AND ALBUM TITLE ARE BOTH ON THE COVER.

IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME MAD?

OH MY GOD THIS BOARD HAS FALLEN. MY GOD THIS BOARD HAS FALLEN SO FAR

NO ONE BETTER ANSWER THIS INSIPID CUNT'S QUESTION

thanks for posting, i read up to
>CAN YOU READ?

then i could not

>At a party
Stopped reading right there, you weren't

Here's an idea: If I'm WRONG, and you're so sure of yourself in that regard, tell me WHY I'm wrong.

I want you to tell me why I'm wrong right now.

quads ain't never lied

Didn't you say you'd stop responding?

Yes, and to ensure that declaration I left the thread. About two hours later though I made the mistake of returning to this thread and saw so many holes in that post that I couldn't help but respond.

This. Fucking relax you autists

checked

holy fucking shit dude

hey unty

Hey.

So what happened next

oyy

what ya listening to senpai? why'd you drop the trip?

Today's been heavy in art-punk. Listening to Glaxo Babies right now.

I removed my trip because I was tired of people taking screenshots of my posts and making me a meme, into a joke. I'm not a joke. People should take me seriously. Also I don't think I post often enough anymore to warrant a trip.

kek

why would you want punk music at a party? you're an antisocial fuck most likely

>"I'm not a joke. People should take me seriously."

is that gonna be the title of your manifesto?

He didn't want punk music at the party, you fucking idiot. Can you not read?

I'd never succumb to the level of contrivance and narcissism necessitated to write a manifesto.

Whatever manifesto I leave behind is being written and polished with every post I submit.

This.

why are you saying HE? you're obviously op lol or you wouldn't have stuck around for hours.

you're a beta faggot who sulks in the corner too scared to start a conversation and want EVERYONE ELSE to come to you. you were creeping them out hence why they came to you with this "fake" conversation.

they didn't play "punk" music because they probably have no idea wtf to play.

they didn't ask you for suggestions because you're a creepy ass that no one wants to be around because you stink like shit and old ass cum rags

fuck off faggot

>He keeps responding

This thread is hurting my head, from both sides of the argument

Oh well, it's a nice day outside

>why are you saying HE?
Because I'm not the OP. I've never been to a party, a circumstance that I celebrate more with every passing day as I discern what, underneath their veil of compassion, niceties and understanding, normies are actually like.

>beta faggot who sulks in the corner
Wrong. I've never been to a party. Elsewhere in public, I entertain myself through music, reading, or the minute subtleties of existence.
>too scared to start a conversation
Accurate.
>and want EVERYONE ELSE to come to you
Inaccurate. I don't want other people talking to me. I dread 90% of interactions with others.
>you were creeping them out hence they came to you with this "fake" conversation
I just realized that you sincerely think I'm the OP. I'm not.

The rest of your post is of no weight to me because, again, I'm not the OP.

See .

haha couch

>Here's an idea: If I'm WRONG, and you're so sure of yourself in that regard, tell me WHY I'm wrong.
About what exactly? About how people treated OP badly when they didn't listen to his music? About how this was kind of dumb thing to do? Sure, no one is claiming otherwise.

What people are claiming, however, is that you are throwing and autistic fit, and OP doesn't get any bragging rights or rights to be patronizing towards anyone, as there aren't really any objective merits why OP would have the upper hand in this situation. Can you prove me objectively why you or OP are RIGHT, without resorting to strange fallacies or logic leaps like "normies are by default shit", as that really isn't an argument.

Of course you can't, you big baby.

UNTYYYY

>about what exactly?
Ha. No, really, wow. This is reaching a new level of vapidness.

Don't fucking ask ME to tell YOU how I'm wrong. People had problems with my posts, so I prompted them to tell me how I was wrong.

My whole fucking POINT was that if these people are so fucking convinced that I'm full of shit, it should be easy for them to type a few cohesive sentences explaining their logic, to which I'd either concede or rebut.

>what people are claiming, however, is that you are throwing an autistic fit
By which you mean?
>and OP doesn't get any bragging rights or rights to be patronizing towards anyone, as there aren't really any objective merits why OP would have the upper hand in this situation.
I've already argued this, in a post that you've yet to respond to, so I'm not going to simply repeat myself.

Want to know why I think the OP has "bragging rights" in this situation? Read this post: .

>No. By calling the music "shit" he effectively did this thing called sharing your opinion.
So you are trying to claim that by saying something is "shit" you are not effectively putting your taste above everything else? Can you say "yes" to this, so that I can just see how full shit you are? You can call that "opinion" if you want, as that essentially is an opinion, but it doesn't change the fact in this opinion exist the said division.
>Contempt in that situation is absolutely fucking accurate
OP dismisses his friends taste in music in this thread by explicitly calling them "shit". Sure, OP does it passive-aggressively on image board, but that isn't really that much better.
>it's not ABOUT the OP's taste vs the tastes of the people at that party
If OP would have presented this in a neutral way sure, but the implications are clear to anyone that can actually see he chose to make the division to his and other "shit" taste coupled with smug anime picture.
>le normies don't exist narrative
Who are you quoting? Normie however is not an argument, as surprising that might sound. It's not an objective trait that proves you are inferior. This is a literal /r9k/ opinion, which in fact is a meme. You use this as an argument?

Can you explain to me objectively why you are right and why "normies" are inferior on this regard? As you see I refuted your previous points so you might want to come up with something new. Of course you can't, you silly triggered faggot.

Your argument so far
>OP is cool guy that doesn't look down on others (note: I'm totally not OP)
>And if he does, to the extent of making the same fucking thing you are criticising normies on, it's justifiable because fuck normies
>REEEEEEE NORMIES

No, fuck you, user.

Here's an idea: if you're NOT OP, and you're so sure of yourself in that regard, prove me WHY you're not OP.

I want you to prove me you're not OP right now.

>you are not effectively putting your taste above everyone else
In the context of your original post it sounded like you were accusing the OP of objectively believe his personal preference to be more important than that of others.

If you're trying to fault the OP for having an opinion, an opinion that he kept to himself for the duration of the party, as though having an opinion is a bad thing, as though his friend didn't express his opinion of the OP's taste when he just fucking dismissed him after learning the he liked punk, you're a joke.

It's an opinion.

>OP dismisses his friends' taste in music in this thread by explicitly calling them "shit."
First, you're not paying attention to nuance. If the significance of the OP was in his opinion of his friends' music taste, then the story would've ended immediately after ">Shit rap and old 2000's hits being played," but it didn't, because that's not the source of the OP's grievance.

Second, I explicitly stated that I was not excusing his perceived superior tastes. Read that post again.

>but the implications are clear
Yes, because all indications and subtleties point to his grievance being with his friend, not with the music they were playing. See my previous point about how and when the OP post ended.

>who are you quoting?
You.
>it's not an objective trait that proves you are inferior
Normies exist as a set of attributes and tropes. I never said they are universally inferior, just that in certain circumstances they deserve to be shamed.

Denying that, absolving normies of the scrutiny that everyone else is made subject of, simply because it's counter-counter-culture to protect normies, is an ill-conceived, reactionary position.

>can you explain to me objectively why you are right and why "normies" are inferior in this regard?
Normies are scared of what they don't understand and motivated through narcissism and ego, both of which contributed to the OP's grievance.

you need to stop enabling unty he won't stop until someone gets hurt

Depends, hanging out with some friends I'd agree. A full party would never work with everyone trying to get their favourite song up next and no way of saying no.

>It's an opinion.
Oh wew, you realized this now? Funny thing that you're pushing your opinion as the correct one and when asked to present objective proof that backs your opinion you go "lol subjective"
>First, you're not paying attention to nuance.
It's funny you mention this because OP post is basically "smug anime face: the post" and you're entire core post is treating it like some literary genre-aware master-piece despite being a goddamn greentext story
>then the story would've ended immediately after ">Shit rap and old 2000's hits being played,"
But then the OP couldn't have brought up how he was unjustly treated because he has superior music taste. If point of the story really is this treatment he received, he would not have made the division to "his taste" and "shit taste", again, coupled with patronizing picture, which in fact is pretty much a basis of board culture. You do not post an smug anime face unless your point is to look down on the person you are badmouthing: see this post as reference. Is this really your first week here?
>Yes, because all indications and subtleties
No, as explained above. No, they don't. The post isn't subtle structurical mastepriece, but a patronizing rant by a hurt person venting on an image board.
>You.
That's not how quotations work. Find me the place where I stated that. I dare you, because that was never stated nor my implication.
>Normies exist as a set of attributes and tropes
You're making a huge generalization based on nothing but memes. You don't still have anything to back this up.
>Normies are scared of what they don't understand and motivated through narcissism and ego, both of which contributed to the OP's grievance.
This is not objective but a generalization made of people you don't know based on memes. How hard is this to understand?

I know this seems like a bad ad hominem, but no one has agreed with you. How dense you must be.

~ A U T I S M ~

Sorry.

90-00s pop punk will absolutely work at a party, most people will know a few songs

>anime posting
B A R F
A
R
F

I know you're b8ing because it's fun to do that with Unty and all but you're not funny enough to not make yourself look like an idiot

>Using Autism as an insult when you're talking to fucking Unty

Really nigga?

>when asked to present objective proof that backs your opinion you go "lol subjective."
You are incredible. When you're reading, you must internalize whatever interpretation is most convenient for your argument, no matter how nonsensical.

I did not say that was "my" opinion. I said that, objectively, the OP withheld his opinion at the party, and objectively gave his opinion by making this thread.
>treating it like some literary genre-aware masterpiece despite it being a goddamn green-text story
I'm really, really not.

Listen, or rather read: If the OP was mad about the perceived shitty playlist at the party, the post would've ended there. It serve him no purpose to continue into his "bro" insisting that he share his music tastes. If this is a simple instance of "my tastes" vs "their tastes," the story ends after two lines.

I'm not treating like some sort of masterpiece. I'm being logical.

>but the the OP couldn't have brought up how he was unjustly treated
Yes. That's my fucking point. That's the point of the story.
>he has superior music taste
TWICE NOW. TWICE I'VE FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT I DON'T EXCUSE HIS PERCEIVED SENSE OF SUPERIOR TASTES. I. DO. NOT. LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ.

>unless your point is to look down on the person you are badmouthing
Yes. His "bro" was insincere in his sentiments and for such deserves to be shamed, hence the smug image, and thread.

>no, they don't the post isn't subtle structurical masterpiece
I never said it was a masterpiece. I said you're ignoring subtleties, hopefully because it's convenient for your argument, instead of you just being this daft.
>find me the place where I stated that.
Here: . When you place "normies" in quotes, you question their existence.
>a huge generalization
Yes. That's how stereotypes work, but stereotypes wouldn't be used if they weren't informed by observable reality.

t. never been to a party

I'd consider that an observation.

>mfw retards think they're superior for not liking a genre of music

>unty
HOLY

>I. DO. NOT. LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ.

is there a pic of unty? i want to see if they're every bit of stank as i imagine.

Here's an idea: if you're RIGHT and you're so sure of yourself in that regard, tell me WHY you're right.

I want you to tell me why you're right right now.

the most recent we have i think

You haven't really said anything new in the latest 5 posts or so. Just throwing this out there.

>I did not say that was "my" opinion.
But you're effectively still forcing your opinion and haven't told me why it's the superior one. Your logic works only if you make huge stretch in interpretation and forget the entire post is basically just egoistic normie shaming.
>the post would've ended there
I explained this previously, no it wouldn't have.
> I'm being logical.
By ignoring the entire core of the post in favor of your own interpretation? Oh boy.
>When you place "normies" in quotes, you question their existence.
That's your train of thought? You previously placed "my" in quotes, which would mean you question your own existence. Fact remains you are misusing quote function and making a low-level strawman.
>That's how stereotypes work
And now you're admitting your arguments are based on stereotypes, out of all things? How more of a shit arguer you can be? I'm screencapping all this for future use.

If you want to prove your interpretation superior that takes huge leaps in logic, you have to explain why it's objectively better. So far you're just throwing opinions, and as your interpretation ignores even the most common sense of board culture and posting norms by not fucking understanding what reaction pictures are used for, you're automatically the weaker. You couple this with poor generalizations generated from memes and buzzwords and attempt to use them as an argument, and you got a recipe for the worst series of posts I've had the displeasure of reading in long time.

Ps. totally not OP guys.

just play some snoop dogg and everyone will lose their shit because poser normies love to say they like snoop

That explains a lot.
>Niggers are stupid and practically monkeys
It's an stereotype, but hey, as he says, "stereotypes wouldn't be used if they weren't informed by observable reality." -unty 2016

>Music

What little argument(s) you once had have devolved into repeating yourself while ignoring my points and supplanting close-reading a rhetoric with images without contextual function.

You still think I'm the OP.

And you don't understand the difference between stereotyping a subset of people who've made conscious decisions to inform your perception of them, and stereotyping a subset of people born with a different skin color.

This is me signing off.

>Ja Rule
>just some shitty rap

Nigga, you a busta. Also, you have shit taste and don't belong at parties.

>You still think I'm the OP.
Why would you be this triggered if you weren't the OP?
>subset of people who've made conscious decisions to inform your perception of them, and stereotyping a subset of people born with a different skin color.
And "normies" are a conscious "group" that has made these decisions? Are you saying black people are then a group that makes decisions "unconsciously"? News flash: both of the generalizations are absolutely stupid, but you're still the only one who bases their arguments on them.

Nigga, your entire argument is just a meme. You wrote this long posts about a fucking /r9k/-tier meme. How can you even look at yourself in the mirror when you know your intellectual worth is on the level of buzzwords that no one uses unironically? Didn't you get the memo? You're just a living, breathing meme, WHO FUCKING POSTS HIS IMAGES ON AN ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD what the fuck man? No seriously nigga, what's wrong with you?
>This is me signing off.
Sure, as you did the first time, am I right? See you in couple of hours faggot.

No one in this thread has even agreed with your autism. How can you ignore this and live with the assumption that you "won" the argument? Does everyone else just "not get you"? Is everyone else a "normie"?

Ps. totally not the OP.

holy fuck you're going to look back in like five years when you grow out of this pretentious adolescence phase and you're going to cringe so hard

why do you type like that? you don't look smart. you look like a damn fool. stop trying so damn hard.

ive been to and thrown my own parties (not in the last few years, but in uni) and this was true. maybe not any more?

i don't think it's true anymore, at least not in my experience, but maybe it was for you. sorry for being mean user.