/vinyl/

Post collections, recent cops, grails, etc. R8, H8, no B8.

Pic related, my recent purchases.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/SyBorg/collection
discogs.com/user/czb145/collection
discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
discogs.com/user/itom.m98
discogs.com/user/Peenmaster/collection
youtube.com/watch?v=bj-_5b3YPNw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oops, wrong pic. That's my setup though.

Pic related is my recent purchases.

Cool setup and nice collection, where do you buy your vinyl at? Want to get into it, but from what I've seen, most really good albums are super expensive.

Cops:
The Microphones - Mount Eerie (OG pressing 2003)
Boris - Pink (recent reissue, Light Pink / Dark Pink)
Tobacco - The Allegheny White Fish Tapes (CD)

Collection: discogs.com/user/SyBorg/collection

You have a very large collection and good taste, any tips? Just in general

Thanks man

If you just wanna grow your collection, ask all your relatives if they have any records they don't want anymore, go out to every store in your vicinity and figure out what each one does best. For example one store by me has great selection but the prices for used could be better, while another night be smaller with better prices. And if you see something you know you'll never see again, grab it.

>Origin of Symmetry

How does that sound on vinyl? I don't expect anything mindblowing

where did you pick up Mount Eerie? been meaning to buy some more of Phil's albums but I can only seem to find them on his store and shipping to the eu is expensive af. still haven't found a eu distro? also, are all reissues of Pink on colored vinyl? I've seen pics and it looks beautiful. saw that it's for sale on Boomkat and am considering a purchase.

Last pickups

Mount Eerie is an original, got lucky and found it in my local store of $30 canadian. I know you can get a repress from Phil's site but if shipping to Europe is anything like Canada it'll be expensive as fuck.

I think Pink was repressed in black, I preordered mine when it was announced.

>Sam Smith
>Adele
>Queen
>Michael Jackson
>Star Wars soundtrack

Do you all visit /r/vinyl or something?

damn, don't original pressings of Mount Eerie go for insane amounts? or was that only before the reissue? jealous either way. picked up the Glow Pt. 2 before the reissues were announced but I don't mind with all the extra material my copy has. copy of Dawn is my most prized possesion, though.

The Star Wars one is my dad's purchase, actually. The music itself is pretty meh, but the holograms are pretty good

what speakers are those?

I really hope these pictures come from r/vinyl

Baitimus maximus

Here's my recent purchases

i was just making a joke, as long as you enjoy the music dude

nice dogger friendo

You were right, tho, the OP's pics are literally from Reddit

OP what speakers do u have there? Also where do you store your wax?

I love how polyvinyl sends an airhead

No picture because I'm at work, but here's my collection with some recents

discogs.com/user/czb145/collection

Getting mine later today, hyped

Any views on using vintage equipment? I'm thinking of upgrading gradually to a Garrard 301, Quad II amp and 22 preamp, along with a pair of Tannoy Monitor speakers.

Cute dog

bump

just got mine, came in a nice big box

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection

>new Vatican Shadow cassette
Nice that's one of my favorites this year. Really solid collection overall

Nice

Thanks m8, checking yours out in a moment

ill post photos in a bit, i just got home from being stuck at relatives

but, my discogs is discogs.com/user/itom.m98

This just showed up in the mail the other day.

collection:
discogs.com/user/Peenmaster/collection

Going to the record store later today too.

3/14 how's your first year of college going so far?

Oh nice - is that a limited run?

>You will possibly have Birth of a New Day in your collection
my heart and my soul can't take this

S H I T
H
I
T

nice

Recent grail find, Baroness' Yellow & Green, first press hardback book version on yellow vinyl.

this is my current collection

really? a record that came out four years ago?

ahahahaha nice fucking taste, dipshit

yes, what's your point?

He's implying that you shouldn't boast about your findings if they're not rare, valuable or obscure.

I was in Toronto a few weeks back. Here's what I brought home with me.

1/?

That copy of Damned - Music for Pleasure is a blue vinyl pressing from Belgium. That brown one in the top left corner is from a hardcore band called Ghostlimb, and it has a picture etched into side B.

are you that faggot who made that lame ass video?

Nope, but now you have me interested. Gonna need a link my dude

youtube.com/watch?v=bj-_5b3YPNw

Hahahahaha holy shit, that's not me but that's hilarious

we have the same turntable and receiver, nice taste user

The only recent(ish) reissue from my whole shopping trip is that F.U.'s record, which has Kill For Christ on Side A and My America on Side B. It came from Europe nearly 15 years ago, and it's definitely official.

That Neckbones LP is the sort of record I never expected to see on a store shelf in person. I'm sure it's not hard to find online, but semi-obscure '90s punk/etc. bands like this aren't the sort of thing I expect to see on vinyl during my Toronto trips. Maybe I'd be less surprised to see this14 years ago when it was still possible to find this brand new, maybe I'd be less surprised if I found this somewhere closer to this band's home state. But up here in Canada? Well, it certainly isn't the first time I found something like this so close to home. Maybe I'm still too naive about just how unknown bands like this truly are.

3/?

Nice travel in the mom's minivan

Yeah I shipped Mount Eerie, It was Hot and the Glow p2 to Canada and shipping alone was 40 USD

That Angry Samoans record to a bootleg. It has all of what you'll find on the Inside My Brain CD (probably ripped straight from that very disc), plus the 4 songs from the Queer Pills 7". I didn't realise it was a bootleg when I bought it, but it's not as though I paid a stupid price for it. Plus it sounds fine, so I'm not mad. Judging from the sleeve wear, I think this record was pressed in the '90s.

Also, some quick research tells me I'm wrong about that F.U's record, because this Deltron 3030 is also a recent reissue. I thought it was just the same old release being kept in print for 16 years, but I guess 75 Ark only ever handled the original press from the year 2000 while Deltron Partners brought it back in print 5 years ago. As far as modern pressings go, this is one that didn't get botched with off-centered B-sides and unnecessary distortion near the end of any given side. If you've been thinking of getting the 2xLP, go for it!

That Sgt. Pepper's is a U.S. pressing in mono, and I'm honestly surprised the insert is still in tip-top shape. That old-ass American pressing of My Generation is also in fantastic condition, corner-cut notwithstanding.

>year of album release being relevant to value or rarity of record

Everything I went on about regarding that Neckbones LP could easily be said about this Ballgagger record. Possibly The Krunchies as well, though I remember stumbling across the BigCartel site for the label still selling the LP a few years ago. When I call bands like this "semi-obscure," I mean that they put out only one or two albums on independent labels with decent enough distribution to find it's way into stores across Canada and the U.S., but it's unlikely many stores would have bothered to keep this sort of thing in stock at the time. The labels in question either don't exist anymore or can't sustainably keep it in print.

5/5

This is it from my Toronto trip. Maybe I can post other stuff if people care.

which stores in TO did you go to?

>implying I leave the house to get my reccys

Go to bed, Dad.

they have the most interesting stuff in the thread, honestly, which isn't saying too much.

Ah, here's the established thread...
I can't remember what records I bought on my last hunt. So here's some stuff that I know I've bought at least within the last month.

Coil - Ape of Naples is on it's way in the mail.

did you get tracking info?

recent pickups, Swans one is signed

my fuckin nigga

I got all 4 Baroness records signed by John Baizley when they were in town

Recent acquisitions. Building up the Space Age Pop library.

how do you listen to em if they're on the wall lmao

Recently got Suicide Silence's No Time to Bleed. Cover and sleeve in terrible condition. Wasn't mentioned in description but the record itself is completely pristine no dust or anything. No proof cos I'm currently at work but hey, take the word of a random user on Sup Forums

Also just bought Cheetah EP and Millions Now Living... in vinyl, expecting to arrive next week.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Ulver's Perdition City 2xLP

Copped this today my bottomless pit yellow vinyl and cassette is supposed to come in tomorrow.

>Far Side Virtual

my nigga

Sonic Boom, She Said Boom, Loon Records, Soundscapes (just for CDs), Paradise Bound, and Play De Record. Pardon the late ass reply, I just got back from seeing a gig where I picked up the new Heaven For Real LP.

Make me.

missed out on Rotate This

this