Jew here. What are the differences in belief between Protestants and Catholics...

Jew here. What are the differences in belief between Protestants and Catholics? I know Protestants don't follow the pope.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/10/28/499587801/pope-francis-reaches-out-to-honor-the-man-who-splintered-christianity
cruxnow.com/commentary/2016/06/29/clarity-not-just-charity-key-martin-luther/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nazi Hunter Mossad in here, both are 'religions' for the goyim

Catholics are a bit more authoritarian with their clergy and hold that you require a priest to get salvation, which isn't a thing in Protestantism.

They're both stupid, as are all religions other than perhaps religious existentialism, but Mainline Protestants tend to be smarter than Catholics, who in turn are leagues smarter than Evangelical Protestants.

Nothing now. The Pope is in Sweden right now to honour Martin Luther, who he says "did not err."

npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/10/28/499587801/pope-francis-reaches-out-to-honor-the-man-who-splintered-christianity

cruxnow.com/commentary/2016/06/29/clarity-not-just-charity-key-martin-luther/

>Not a Latter-Day Saint

Please.

Protestantism is to Catholicism what Great Britain was to the colonies.

Catholicism came before Protestantism m8
What did he mean by this

in most places, catholics = retards and protestants = smart

in the US, catholics = smart and protestants = retards

Mostly because Evangelicalism has taken hold of the US while Mainline Protestants either go Evangelical or Atheist. See

Catholicism: the church will tell you what God wants you to do
Protestantism: here's the book, your salvation is up to you
... Okay, maybe it's a little more nuanced than that.

What an excellent question to ask right before Reformation Day (oct. 31)!
You see, Catholics are dumb retards who believe you need to tell the priest all your secrets and sins (like God doesn't already know, lol idiots), and pay X amount of money to get salvation from the fires of hell.
Protestants believe you just need to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior to get salvation from hell. It is basically more personal and actually about the faith itself, and less dependant on the Church that has been shown to exploit people for money and power.

>all these Americans shilling for Protestantism

It's a bastard church that started as a result of an English king wanting to get divorced.
I'm honestly surprised Americans can follow it given their animosity towards England.

Protestantism has Sola Scriptura. Often translated into English as "Through faith alone".
They believe salvation can be achieved solely by believing in God.
Which is clearly retarded. Because I may believe in God while also raping 50 women and murdering multiple people. Doesn't mean that I'm a good enough person for heaven tho

Catholics believe in weird shit that gives the priest too much power like you have to confess directly to the priest and then have a hierarchy type thing. Protestants originally rebelled against that so they're a little more about God then the traditional aspect of it. Personally I like protestant better because confessing to a priest sounds very awkward and unnecessary to me.

>he doesn't know the difference between protestantism and anglicanism

Shan't be directly replying to this bait.

That's actually not true, I've been to both and Catholics emphasize tradition and memorizing prayers to repeat while protestants were more about follow the 10 commandments, read the Bible, and repent to god for your sins. If it wasn't for the American televangelist then they wouldn't look so retarded but most of those are fakes just in it for the money. Trust me the nose knows who's in it for the money.

>Protestantism has Sola Scriptura. Often translated into English as "Through faith alone".

The bait needs to be a little bit believable.

I don't know if English is your first language but 'Sola Scriptura' it too close to Sole Scripture to be about 'faith alone'.

Also Martin Luther was a German King not English.

>Martin Luther was a German King
>Martin Luther was a King

MLK Jr. wuz a kang n sheeiittttt

But in all honestly I agree with you otherwise.

Protestants are Christian

Catholics have alot of saints,lady's to which they pray to.

you got that the other way around i think

I bet this seemed really funny to you while you were typing it out.

reminder that all the protestant nations are the cucked western nations that went first to atheism

whereas the catholic nations hold onto their faith.

this is because catholocism emphasises community and works of God.
Whereas pr*testants go and hide in their cuckshed and pray

Protestants : hardworking cucks
Catholics : subhuman "traditionalists"

>I'm not a Mormon
Objectively the best religion lads

Right Catholic Québec and France are so less cucked compared to protestant southern US and England.

It has more to do with education and money.

Catholicism
>believes Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a virgin and that Christ's conception was immaculate
>believes that after His resurrection, Jesus did not want death to touch Mary, and so brought her to heaven directly
>follows the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, based on the scripture
>has many saints (individuals of unparalleled faith who have had 3 miracles manifest in their name, on Earth) which they pray to as a sign of respect
>centralised leadership with a hierarchy
Protestant
>doesn't believe Mary was a virgin
>follows the teachings of Martin Luther, an excommunicated German who founded Protestantism, and his select scripture
>has no saints

To me, protestantism is dehumanized catholicism.

It's completely soulless, like a business contract.

>It's a bastard church that started as a result of an English king wanting to get divorced.

That's anglicanism, which it's pretty much catholicism but with the king of England as head of the church instead of the Pope.

It did indeed.

This, both have their falls

I should also add that a very fundamental difference is
>Catholics
There is no faith without works
>Protestants
Faith is all that is required

>doesn't believe Mary was a virgin
They do tho

both of these are great posts

yup, let me just ask the openly lesbian bishop from England what she thinks of this

>>doesn't believe Mary was a virgin

Depends on the sect i suppose
Very hard to generalise Protestantism

Basically this
But European catholics aren't even as close as horrible as american "protestants" are
Fucking insane ass babtists are on the same level of retardation as radical muslims

Same thing in Ireland

>protestants
>orthodox

>Jew here

Example of Catholic Saint who approves of drugs and murder.

eternal salvation and happy fugging versus 2 for 1 deal of hell on earth + hell in afterlife

Show me a single one that doesn't believe she is a virgin and isn't some tiny fringe cult

>Mexican bastard religion
>representative of Catholicism

Protestant education, ladies and gentleman.

Protestants use secular authority to molest children, Catholics use religious authority.