Why do girls pretend to like music ?

why do girls pretend to like music ?

Why specifically girls? You could say that about any edgy teen.

why do boys pretend to like music ?

hahahahhaha

How dare you support the gender binary?!?
>TRIGGERED

It's a fashion accessory, a mere tool for them to acquire men.

Schopenhauer said something on the subject, actually. It was akin to females having no region of existence under their strict dominion, and having to instead seek vicarious dominion through men.

Music is just a means to an end for some of them, or rather a means to a man.

It's the same for boys and usually it comes down to looking smart or so indie xD for knowing of a band most have never heard even if said band could literally be in the top 40 at any second

Pay no heed to this post.

So basically just ignore any post that makes sense?

Why do OP pretend to look autistic?

I think girls have a different relationship with music, in a way a more genuine one. As much as they may appreciate it, guys seem to catalog music and acquire it as part of some sort of identity.
But girls have better rhythm I think, and enjoy music more spontaneously irregardless of anything else, and can dance better as well.

No, because it misses the point. Yes, on occasion you'll find a male that pretends to enjoy music, because males are human and are not made exempt from insecurities and narcissism.

But you're comparing this epidemic of womemes parading a false, entirely manufactured sense of "taste" in music with the far more scarce instance of men doing it.

There's a reason most of the people on this board are males.

Note: Said reason is the fact that, because we're largely anons, posting here contributes little to nothing to one's ego. One has no reputation here, only the your most recent posts and whatever merit it presents. Stripped of the narcissistic fulfillment of a consistent profile and/or username, most females flock elsewhere, like Tumblr.

The only, only reason stopping this website from turning into a Tumblr offshot is its anonymity. Otherwise this place would be overrun with vapid fans of Lorde, The 1975, Marina and the Diamonds, and otherwise vapid pop that such retards lack the critical faculties to realize is manufactured and tailored to appeal strictly towards them.

Please fuck off.

This is the same warped mentality that tricks people into equating bland, lofi bedroom pop music with sincerity and music with an appreciation for scholarship and technicality with the cold and mechanical.

She used to be really pretty and now looks like a smug whore. What happened??

i see what you are saying. I think my point stands though, this being that for many people (women generally), their relationship to music is completely unclouded by pretension. Though to be fair, they are often listening to terrible music.

please god let this be a joke

Cataloguing music doesn't diminish one's appreciation of it, though. For example, I maintain my own physical log of what I listen to and when. I don't share it with anyone. It's for myself alone. It's not pretension that compels the exercise, it's a vast, no less genuine appreciation for music.

I won't argue that music hasn't contributed to my identity, but can you sincerely deny that women don't often do the same? Often, among their favorite songs/artists/albums are things that remind them of disparate times that cling close to their sentiment, things that surely contribute to their sense of self.

I'm not joking.

Women are simply more consultative beings than men are. For whatever reason, they are more timid about making bold statements and deviating from normalcy. They can't shop for clothes alone, they can't judge men alone, and they can't even urinate alone. They support each other through groupthink. Because of this, the average woman's musical taste is more bland and typical. They don't want to be "on the outside".

"But wait," you might say "not all girls listen to pop music exclusively." This is correct. Some women do indeed venture outside of society's musical comfort zone, but their reasons for doing so are rarely musically-motivated. These women are simply looking for a scene or subculture to wedge themselves into, using music as another fashion tool. It's all about image. How many "artsy" girls do you know who insist that their taste is "atypical", "unique", or "eclectic" who have an iPod full of the same girl-friendly, Pitchfork-approved artists like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, and the like? Quite a few, I'd wager. Women are generally considered to have bad taste because they lack any true interest in musical discovery.

Want further proof? How many girls do you know who are into Noise? Who are into Krautrock? Rock in Opposition? Classical avant-garde? Not many. This is because these styles of music, while unique, cutting-edge, and extremely rewarding, have no fashion culture built around them, and no cute boys who listen to and perform these types of music. Music is another article of clothing for women, and it makes basement-dwelling experts froth at the mouth whenever females claim otherwise.

why does Sup Forums pretend to be gay?

> tripfag
lmao

>Cataloguing music doesn't diminish one's appreciation of it, though. For example, I maintain my own physical log of what I listen to and when. I don't share it with anyone. It's for myself alone. It's not pretension that compels the exercise, it's a vast, no less genuine appreciation for music.
>I won't argue that music hasn't contributed to my identity, but can you sincerely deny that women don't often do the same? Often, among their favorite songs/artists/albums are things that remind them of disparate times that cling close to their sentiment, things that surely contribute to their sense of self.

fair. i think it all relates to the fact that art is largely an elaborate mating call, meaning that it would make sense for men to have a more baroque approach.

hey unty

Damn, some of y'all are so bitter.

Stop.

Brandon, shut the fuck up. You've absolutely no worthwhile opinion on this matter and only opened this thread because the gross, insipid object of your obsession was pictured in the OP.

Fuck off or shut the fuck up, sit quietly, and observe.

Hey Brandon how's lavren

like I said..Bitter.

i don't know davis you tell me

Ill be back at east wind soon too, saving up for a month. Miss the place.

Sup Forums is one of the gayest boards on this website.

everyones laughing at you brandon

>people calling each other by names on Sup Forums

I am seeing this more and more and on multiple boards, what is going on? Did we finally become facebook? Just end my life

>haha reee normies and women amirite? xDDD

>irregardless
your opinion is invalid, retard

why do girls pretend to be """""""nerds"""""""?

i'm a girl ama

>cuckenhauer

t.embryo

Will you show your tits or gtfo?

The Essential "I'm A Highschool Girl And Music Is My Life"-core

any more I should add? or replace?

Please we're not even close to /fit/.

>implying i have any desire to have a male partner
>implying i have any desire to get attention from anybody at all
nigga i have been in completely isolated from people my age for 4 years. i listen to music for myself and because its interesting. no other reason

that should say *been completely

>Thinking that girls dig Strawberry Fields Forever

I don't even browse /fit/ but that board being gay isn't surprising in the slightest.

>this thread

it's like watching two ants fight over a small twig while the camera zooms out, capturing issues that have an ounce of relevance in them.

why do humans exist?

to suck dick

because god