What are you opinions on Texas? Thoughts on possible independence? (Inb4 against constitution)

What are you opinions on Texas? Thoughts on possible independence? (Inb4 against constitution)

funnily enough they actually pay more into the fed then they get out of it unlike most southern states, so i guess they would be a viable nation if america didn't carpet-bomb them

Assuming peaceful independence, it'd be pretty alright. It'd be much easier for political processes especially with dealing with the border compared to currently.

>tfw texas' economy is as large as australias

It should be nuked

One of the regions with a lot of history.People might be a lil racist,but tha t makes it more unique.No independence because it would either be an US puppet state which would eventually reunite,or a Mexican puppet state that would unite with Mexico.

I'd like them to be independent. It'd be better for America and better for Texas. They've been a source of constant trouble ever since their founding and I'm tired of their shit.

I'd especially like to never again have anyone associate "the South" all together like that includes them. They're geographically and historically very far from us. I'd like to never be associated with their constant racial strife which is so much worse than the rest of the South. Or their obsession with keeping their legal system shitty and corrupt and guaranteed to convict the innocent.

Putin's got that covered

this. texas, new england, and louisiana might be able to seperate culturally, but not politically

I could see it starting out as basically still part of the US, but over time could be a lot more independent. There's history very largely with Mexico and Germany and more, and it could take a more European approach to that and promote more of those cultures to mix in to become it's own unique culture. It could be able to focus more and become a not shitty mix of the US and Mexico.

No, we would never try to annex that fucking mess. I can unironically say we'd probably support the US Army with logistics and access to our territory if Texas ever tried to secede. Hell we might actually fight to keep them in the US.

Now could be a good time for texas if it wanted to. The political views of the state are drifting towards neutral from where it has been and with all the political strife in the US, it could find a good chance to head towards self-determination.

I'm not sure if can actually happen.
T. Someone who has lived in Texas all his life.

Why not? Populist politicians certainly don't want to fight a civil war.

Wouldn't it be better if the US balkanized for him?

If it ever happened, it would have to be peaceful. The US would shit itself into a bloody pulp if it was a violent process.

Please take Arkansas with you

I don't want to live in the shithole that the US becomes when you leave

States that we share Southern culture with have a green light to come with us.

t. Southeast Texas

It's a great country.
>country
They should really be the well-deserved independence.

So long as we keep the Atlantic niggers out

Agreed

literally no reason for independence other than muh sovereignty
also it'll never happen

>I've never been to Texas
>I've literally never been affected by Texas any way, but hate them just because

Okay, champ.

I spent a while in Texas, I didn't think it was that great, just concrete and desert in every direction.

Recently moved here from Nebraska for college.

The heat is unbearable, the people talk funny, and I want to go home. Going back home for Christmas next month, so at least I have that to look forward to.

It was like 80 F here today, I wish for death.

our rightful clay

kill it with fire