"Anybody who picks up a guitar and tells you that there's some inner message that they're trying to convey...

"Anybody who picks up a guitar and tells you that there's some inner message that they're trying to convey...it's nonsense. They're not being honest. The reason they're doing this is they wanna get lots of chicks and they don't want to work for a living."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag
youtube.com/watch?v=Ig7gTvYETZc
youtube.com/watch?v=6TVrWi342ZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So says one of the greediest Jews in the music industry.

Is he the Donald Trump of music?

insufferable retard who is shit at what he does but somehow made it in the big leagues?
yea, that's exactly him

>>>/tumblr/

nice projection

>le epic secret nazi clubhouse

are kiss members actually good musicians?

>having to even ask this

I'm not an alt righter fedora, dude. You want www.garyjohnson.com for that shit.

Never the best, but it was that chemistry they had that made the classic 70s albums and they never were able to recreate it again after Ace and Peter left. Kind of like the Beatles--individually they were nothing special, but they were the sum of a whole.

He's actually right tho

idk but gene banged like 4600 women so he must be doing something right

Kiss need to retire for the love of God. Their shows are a fucking travesty now and this was a band who always prided themselves on the excellence of their live performances.

I hate this fucking bitter old dinosaur

Categorical statement that attributes the artistic efforts of all guitar players to the most base motives. - Greedy Jew

when he dies i can't imagine anyone caring the way they did for prince or bowie or lemmy or anyone

Fucking kike what a loser that guy is fuck him

Also according to him there is no such thing a soul in music or rock

This guy is a fucking douchebag

is it really that bad?

I do agree with the not working for a living part.

But you know, touring 40 days in a row non-stop while scraping up all your resources to get to the next city to play and maybe eat is still pretty hard work.

It is and you're welcome to look up Youtube vids. Paul sounds like _shit_ and I don't mean just normal loss of a little range from age, I mean holy god he sounds like a cat fighting a badger as they're being dismembered in a wood chipper.

No one I know actually gave a fuck about Lemmy, and I doubt many people online actually cared about him in the first place. Ace of Spades? Maybe, but I didn't see any praise for his work in Hawkwind (a genuinely influential band whose significance stretches far beyond the corny heavy metal genre).

The opening leg of their most recent tour had maybe a few thousand people in attendance and slightly over half the tickets were sold. I saw a couple videos on Youtube and it was fucking bad, man. The band look bored out of their minds and aren't even trying anymore. And of course Paul's voice which is so bad that you can't stand more than about 30 seconds of it. That and they look fucking ridiculous being in their 60s and dressing up like a sexy star child and a demon. It's not only embarrassing to watch a Kiss concert nowadays, but ear rape as well. Also the crowds are pretty dead and don't react to the songs at all. I guess most of them are Millenials who don't know any of Kiss's songs. Like, Paul will try to get them to sing along to Love Gun and they don't know the words at all.

That's...awful.

I hate Gene Simmons but he is right

the music happens after the fact of trying to get blowjobs and easy money

youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

If you sing it's even worse, you can't eat or drink certain things hours before going on stage to not mess up your range.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ig7gTvYETZc

Gene Simmons is gross.

5000 people in attendance is pretty fucking bad by any stretch.

>so-called Hottest Band in the World
>call their tours names like World Domination or Rock the Nation
>can't even sell out 5000 seats in a hick flyover town like Boise where there's probably not even that much to do
>U2, Springsteen (who's the same age as Kiss's members), Paul McCartney (in his friggin' 70s) all have more people in the front few rows of their shows than the entire crowd at a Kiss show now
>try and guess why this is
>right, the band is a fucking joke now
>frontman who sounds like a dying chimpanzee who's been stabbed a couple of times
>he acts like a tired old man too with very little energy or movement
>even more facepalm to see a 64 year old guy singing explicitly sex-themed songs
>also Paul barely even plays guitar anymore, he'd rather toss picks out into the crowd than actually play
>when he does, he's so low in the mix you can't hear his guitar
>he can't sing, doesn't play guitar, barely even moves on stage anymore
>in short, he's finished and can't do his job
>yet he still expects you to pay $100 a ticket to see this tired out old band play the same 5-6 songs over and over and over for years and years, a band that looks and sounds terrible doing their same time over-choreographed stage act along with his equally ridiculous-looking partner and two scabs wearing Ace and Peter's makeup
>they put zero effort into their shows now, nothing
>but Paul Stanley wants you to buy his stage-used microphone for $3000 or his stage-used guitar for $5000

As long as there's a couple grown-ass manchildren with Kiss Kruise tats who'll pay $100 a ticket, they'll keep this charade up until they drop over dead. I wouldn't go and see Kiss if you paid me. And I can't think of many other dadrock acts who are this awful and embarrassing to watch now.

Gene and Paul have completely forgotten how to write a good song or put on a decent live show, but they haven't forgotten how to milk people out of shekels.

My cousin used to be a big Kiss fan. He said the magic their shows used to have is long gone. Every gig is totally phoned in and like the other guy in here said, most of the crowds now are casual concertgoer 20-somethings who don't know any of their songs and have only vaguely heard of the band.

>Rush, Black Sabbath, and The Who retiring
>Lemmy and Bowie dead
>Joe Perry collapsing on stage during a show
>AC/DC drama

Is the end of dadrock approaching?

>bowie dadrock

Bowie's one of the definitive dadrock artists. If a significant portion of your discography made it into Rolling Stone's 500 great albums you're dadrock.

So what dadrock vocalists have held up well? I can name Bruce Dickinson, Peter Frampton, Dee Snider. They're still great. Huey Lewis is still very good too except occasionally a bit strained on high notes.

Also Ann Wilson's still really good.

Bruce Springsteen and, if you liked his voice already, Neil Young are doing pretty good.

None are as awful as Dylan live.

Gary Brooker and Paul McCartney. They don't scream like hard rock singers do, but both of them have always sung loud and high bits a lot. As far as I know both of them still sing the songs in their original keys.

Dennis DeYoung
Don Brewer
Max Carl
John Corabi
Butch Walker

van morrison still sounds pretty good

No bowie back then was considered to be fag rock by the average joe so i doubt many dads listened to him as much as artists like zepplin or ac/dc

the fact that he's on a rolling list means nothing they probably have oasis and radiohead on there dosent mean they are dad rock

Glen Hughes is inhuman. I don't even know or like a lot of his stuff, but I saw a few of the all stars shows he did in the last year or so and check him out singing Burn. Shouldn't be possible.

So does this pretty much prove that Paul Stanley is probably the worst-sounding dadrock vocalist nowadays bar none.

Dadrock is literally another way of saying classic rock m8. Bowie is one of the definitive classic rock solo acts. Just because he's hipper than Motorhead and The Rolling Stones doesn't dispute the fact. Bob Dylan's my favorite artist, I'd never say he wasn't dadrock.

(((Gene Simmons)))

Yeah Glen Hughes has aged really really well, but then again he also was on hiatus for most of the 80s and barely performed at all which spared his voice a ton of wear.

Reread my post again. Dylan's legit awful. Like, he'd get kicked off the stage at a local bar if he wasn't Bob Dylan awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TVrWi342ZE

Don Henley's barely changed from his 70s self. Bryan Adams was great at least a few years ago when I saw him.

i mean he's not entirely wrong. there's a ton of people out there into playing music for those reasons.

Michael Sweet
Dennis DeYoung
Tommy Shaw
Rob Halford
Pat Benatar (seriously, she still looks and sounds fantastic)

The Beatles were at first. McCartney and Lennon both said it after the group disbanded iirc.

Mick Jagger. The guy is almost inhuman. He hardly sounds different than he did in 1968. Even with all the recent cringeworthy collabs with Taylor Swift and other pop tarts, that voice still comes out as instantly recognizable as ever. Debbie Harry too, she's also very little changed from how she sounded in the 70s.

Cum does wonders for your vocals chords i guess

That begs the question. Just how many of the people mentioned above have played anywhere close to as many shows as Paul Stanley has?

All of the Eagles aged incredibly well desu.

David Gilmour
Peter Frampton
Huey Lewis
Steve Miller
Mike Hucknall

And Prince was also great up to his death.

I agree about Dennis DeYoung. He's never disappointed me when I've seen him live. The guy's a genetic freak.

Speak of guys who've lost it as a singer, Don Dokken is awful now.

Black Sabbath are still great and Masters of Reality is classic

I agree. Don Dokken in the 80s was a solid vocalist. He sounds like he's wheezing and choking now.

Ronnie Dio was pretty great until his last years when he was literally dying of cancer. He could still hit high notes but had to exert himself a lot harder to do it and overall he sounded like he was suffering from a head cold. He was still good on the last tour, but definitely a little diminished from his peak.

Michael Sweet is very good, Sammy Hagar is good (maybe a little more strained in recent years), Paul Rodgers.

Paul Stanley alas is not. He's in the same boat as Don Dokken, David Coverdale, and Mark Slaughter. Shit, MS has in recent years sounded worse than Paul from time to time and he's over a decade younger.

Do people still not understand that trump is a rusemaster? He just wants to get elected, he's pandering to the lowest common denominator to get votes.

Guys who still have it:

Sammy Hagar
Dee Snider
Gene Simmons :^)
Dennis DeYoung

Guys who are shot now and need to stop bilking people out of their money:

David Coverdale
Paul Stanley
Mark Slaughter
Meatloaf
David Lee Roth
Ozzy

Gene Simmons has the worst hair I've ever seen

Far from it. A lot of the guys who aged well like Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger were always a little bit rough sounding or had a limited range to begin with. I'd say the vast majority of rock frontmen from Kiss's era who've sung extensive for this many years have lost it.

What a knob

Roger Daltry

Dee Snider
Bono
Sammy Hagar
Robin Zander
Bruce Dickinson

Ann Wilson's still good although starting to sound a little strained now. Steven Tyler has lost some upper range but still has impressive power and stamina.

Also...with everything about Paul Stanley and people who have lost it...I think Dave Mustaine is just as bad as well, at least from what I've seen, not too sure about how he is now. Just watch the clip of Holy Wars from one of the Big Four shows. It's awful, he sounds like Mickey Mouse. He can't do any of the old songs either, it was cool when they played My Last Words for Lars Ulrich a few years ago because that song is badass, but my God...He never was a good singer, a cool singer fit for the music but not technically good (though he is fantastic on Youthanasia, Train of Consequences is an impressive vocal performance), but he lost it.

Adding on to these lists
>Guys who still have it:
Neil Young
Robin Zander
Robert Plant
Alice Cooper (not that you went for the vocals anyway)
Roger Daltrey
the Heart Sisters
King Diamond
Geddy Lee
>people who never had it
Asshole Rose
Vince Neil

Tom Kiefer. He blew his voice out, had to relearn singing and manage himself better. Geddy Lee has also taken great care of himself, other than 2112, Rush haven't downtuned their songs at all but Geddy doesn't do the helium voice anymore.

Robin Zander is up there with Glen Hughes for inhuman durability. Tommy Shaw and Sammy Hagar still sound great too.

Mark Slaughter is just sad to watch. It's always the screamers like him, Dave Coverdale, and Paul Stanley who pay the price.

The weirdest one for me-- Kevin Cronin. I've been on a kick lately looking for old Gary Richrath footage and ran across some new REO. It's not an off key scratchy no-range thing like Stanley or Coverdale. He's learned how to phrase differently and still is in key, but it's a weird whisper nasally thing.

>Robin Zander
>Ann Wilson'

>Robin Zander
>the Heart Sisters

I know what show you niggers went to...

Could be said for the other way for Hillary m8
>50 gays were killed, bottom line white people are to blame
>Despite being almost extremely conservative with marriage in 2012 suddenly she wraps herself in a Gay pride flag
There's a LCD on both sides and the pandering is so obvious

Daltrey's there with Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, and Michael Sweet. None of them can hit high notes anymore, but they've learned how to sing great with what they have. They understand what they can and can't do.

but does bringing up one side pandering change the fact that the other isn't?
Hilary's fanbase consists of celebrity shills and people saying "well I guess since the jew lost"
Trump's fanboys are more cancerous than beliebers in 2011

There's the problem with Paul Stanley. He won't accept that he can't do everything vocally he could in the 70s-80s. He keeps foolishly trying to sing the Heaven's On Fire intro and other stuff of that nature. If he'd adapted his vocal style and switched to something easier on his throat, he might be ok now, but he didn't and now he's probably damaged himself to the point of no return and he can't even do lower pitched vocals decently now.

I've seen Gillan and Daltrey live, I can confirm

also how come nobody mentioned John Kay? Steppenwolf is still god tier live

Yeah of course that's why unpopular or musically innovative bands don't exist
The Velvet Underground is a meme

Right...Ian Gillan is careful with himself and doesn't try high notes anymore.

Well at least he's honest.
He isn't some amazingly skilled bass player. He just plays rock to get chicks and money.
He's the main reason why I don't buy Kiss albums anymore.

>The Velvet Underground is a meme
>implying they weren't the most innovative meme ever

Ace is pretty cool for dadrock standards. But they depended more on style rather than substance.
I personally think they're a great funcore band. Nothing better than banging some chick to Love Gun or Destroyer in some fun mix of being drunk and high.

>get lots of chicks, looks like a hen #gene

>>Despite being almost extremely conservative with marriage in 2012 suddenly she wraps herself in a Gay pride flag
Most big Democrats were until Joe Biden made a gaffe where accidentally let out that Obama supported gay marriage.

In fact, this might be my memory playing tricks on me but I remember during the 08 primaries Obama and Clinton were both going on and on about gay rights and seemed to be a bit worked up about it and then the moderator asked both of them if they supported gay marriage. They both said no but in a much, much quieter tone than when they were going off. Neither of them even looked at the cameras when they said no.

Plant still puts on a great show and he's also aged with dignity. Plays a mix of Zeppelin songs and material from his solo career and it's all tasteful and age-appropriate.

Kiss...not so much. They can still perform all they want, but for chrissake get rid of the makeup and costumes already. You can not do that in your 60s without looking like idiots.

>fat old geezers dressed like a bat and a star child singing Christine Sixteen

Knock it off already, guys.

He's right

Cuck detected

They're still just trying to get chicks, at least have the fucking balls to admit it mate

100% correct

A lot of people overrate the hell out of Ace Frehley as a guitarist. If he's that much of a legend, why is he reduced to playing at bars and signing autographs at horror movie festivals?

Totally different style of music but BB King before his death and Willie Nelson were playing/play more than 180 shows a year.

>hooey louis
check these

As incredibly greedy as he is, he still isn't among the greediest Jews in the music industry lol

This doesn't really say anything about musicians, instead it says a lot about Gene Simmons and his solipsistic personality.

It's almost as if anything Gene says is a reflection of himself.

Being a professional musician takes work, this is an old canard from the envious.

Paul's vocal surgery to remove the swollen veins on his vocal chords stopped the "I'm going through puberty and my voice is cracking," but his voice is still shot.

What I don't understand is Paul's stubbornness. His tits sag so he still shows his chest, his voice is shot so he still tries to sing high and do that vocal exercise thing he does between songs.

The man should be part of a focus group on Denial.

The man is almost Social Security age and doesn't want to accept it at all. My theory is he's terribly insecure. He went from a pudgy kid with a deformed ear to a rock god who was the sex symbol of his band, but never got over the insecurities of his youth (we're all affected by our childhood for good or bad).

Gene can hardly move his fat Jew ass around the stage. He's done as well. That man is going to have a heart attack and die onstage. Hopefully it'll happen while he's breathing fire so he goes out with a boom.

Incorrect, Bowie is momrock.

>can't even sell 5000 seats now
>Live Nation turned them down this summer

>"Anybody who picks up a guitar and tells you that there's some inner message that they're trying to convey...it's nonsense. They're not being honest. The reason they're doing this is they wanna get lots of chicks and they don't want to work for a living."
depressing to think this may be the case but hearing this from Gene fucking Simmons restores my faith

My guitar teacher (who's a fan of Kiss and credits them with one of the reasons he became a musician) says they've been on a final tour for over a decade now.

Remember that they used to say they'd retire after the 2000 tour and "We want to go out on top."

>buying Kiss albums to begin with
costanza.jpg