Artists who have great talent but make shit music

She has so much potential but throws it away making uninspired dubstep

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Inwp-xGHOlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Artists who have great talent but make shit music
sadly thats like 50% of musicians. at least with the truly talentless hacks didn't really have anything vested in it. The talented hacks have spent time on it and discovered that they are simply not deep enough to make good music. It just doesn't make any sense. youd think that if you discovered your soul was a 4/10 it would induce some kind of depression and lead to some artistic journey but no

This

So frustrating how all the kids at school who are technical virtuosos at their instruments often don't even ever write songs

the king

Merzbow.
He's garbage on his own but when doing a collab it's goat.

not even that talented... even jack white admitted blues riffs are literally guitar 101.

his vocal texture is ok. his vocal phrasing and lyrics are cringe.

I hope I don't end up like that. Although that is kind of why I started playing guitar and shit instead of just doing gay school band

Bump

honestly this person probably doesn't think of themselves as a 'real artist' anyway. her parents probably forced her to violin at a young age, then 2011 came around with dubstep being the cultural flavor and she saw an opportunity to use her dumb talent to make money. i guarantee you she doesn't give a shit about the music she's making and is merely trying to market the novelty of violinstep for $$$

Ellie Goulding. She honestly has a really interesting voice but she's put on boring and uninspired tracks with shit lyrics. Anyone can sing her recent stuff.

Don't blame her tho cuz $$

Hopefully he'll mature and actually put his talent to use some day. His shtick got gold in 2011 and he's still fucking doing it.

Beyoncé, no matter your opinion her voice is golden, but she can't write, she rides what's in vogue to sutain her fame, doesn't express herself into songs but rather karaoke the shit out of what her producers are giving her.

Also, John Legend was talented before getting famous, so was Usher.
Maybe it's an R&B thing.

>your soul was a 4/10 it would induce some kind of depression and lead to some artistic

>journey

>implying Jack White plays anything other than Blues 101
>implying Jack White doesn't have cringey phrasing
>implying john mayer isn't on another level of guitar playing than jack white

>no matter your opinion her voice is golden
There are tons of good looking people with great voices. She was lucky.

I wish he would drop that "i only m8k moosic 4 meself man" attitude. Goblin could have been a classic if not for that.

just waiting for him to produce a full jazz album

idk about his solo stuff, but very few guitarists can outplay jack on the white stripes and mayer isn't one of those

Probably. I don't doubt it, I just find it sad that she's at her best and still can't realize that doing random pop music isn't the way. Her idol Mj should have taught her that at least. But yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Inwp-xGHOlo

>Completely missing the point of Jack White's guitar playing

this
waste of talent on immature music
even when it's supposed to sound mature

shallow