Who is the most blatant 'they only got famous because they died young' artist?

Who is the most blatant 'they only got famous because they died young' artist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=in58wtVI9sI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ian curtis

nirvana is great but they're blown out of proportion because kurt died before they could release a bad album

Selena

Brad Nowell kind of deserved his fame in spite of it being brought into the limelight due to his death. The better question is, why DIDN'T Sparklehorse get famous when he died?

He was too old, there's nothing cool about dying at 47.

tupac

>nirvana is great
>BEFORE they could release a bad album

hahaha holy shit summers in full force

Joy Division

They were already extremely popular when 40 Oz dropped.

Or you're a contrarian faggot, ever consider that?

Yeah in SoCal maybe.

More like entire west coast and some east coast cities as well.

I CANT BELIEVE I'VE SAID IT

Nirvana are pretty much objectively shit. They ripped of the alt rock scene of the 80s and sold it out to edgy teens. If I was in the band I would have killed myself too.

How fucking old are you? They were popular before it.

nick drake

ding ding ding

capital STEEZ would be another backpack rapper if he didn't kill himself. 90% of the people who love him now didn't even listen to him while he was alive. His death does add another layer when listening to him cus it makes you wonder what he was thinking but his death pretty much defines his whole career.

Yeah except that whole "only famous because they died young" part doesn't exactly apply to them does it because they were outrageously famous years before Kurt Cobain died.

>I don't know shit: The post

LOL
>not liking an incredibly mainstream pop act that objectively ripped of the 80s alt rock scene means you don't know anything for reasons im too 14 and wrong to include.

Like that other guy said maybe in SoCal.
No one else in the world had ever heard of them until the major label debut except for maybe that one stoner at your school.

Eyedea

youtube.com/watch?v=in58wtVI9sI

Yep, this is what incredibly mainstream pop music sounds like.

Never said you had to like them, but it's pretty well known that Nirvana were always in the alt-rock scene of the 80s before they got huge, were friends with people in it like The Melvins, and considering that Kurt had a bunch of other bands before Nirvana was even formed I can't see how they ripped it off and weren't just a part of it

speaker knockerz

jeff buckley

But they're still outrageously famous.
If he didn't die they'd be in the 'irrelevant dadrock' pile like their contemporaries.
Because he had a romantic life and death teens will always like him.

If that's all they wrote then you'd have a point.
But that's not the case.

>weren't just a part of it
because they objectively weren't lol, they released their first and least popular album in 1989. just because kurt was a melvins fanboy doesnt mean he didnt rip em off

haha what the fuck are you fucking kidding me. this is so bafflingly retarded. nirvana weren't uber-obscure rock music like the arctic monkeys, they were massive and most definitely pop. Listen to any of their influences, theres a reason they werent as popular and it certainly wasnt quality.

>mainstream = bad

Do you have an autistic obsession with using objectively wherever you go?
>The measurement of popularity objectively determine if something is good or bad
LMAO

>If he didn't die they'd be in the 'irrelevant dadrock' pile like their contemporaries.
That's a massive assumption right there. It's impossible to say exactly, but they were way, way too big to logically assume they'd have just fallen to the wayside like their contemporaries supposedly did, although that ignores how widely beloved and fondly remembered many of their contemporaries are.

>Because he had a romantic life and death teens will always like him.
Yes, that is for sure. His end certainly put the stamp on the band's legacy, for better or worse.

Regardless, they still do not apply to this topic.

reading comprehension = bad

also nice hat meme XD

if you have to purposely misinterpret someone elses beliefs to justify your own, you might be wrong

Weren't Sublime already at least in the middle of gaining momentum when Brad died?

WISHLIIIIST

They had a couple rock radio hits but were mostly just a west coast thing

Shannon Hoon

Blind Melon was so bad

Jimmi, Bob Marley. Definitely Bob.

>That's a massive assumption right there.

Its a pretty safe assumption though. Just look at all the bands in that genre that were big that lasted. And no ones factored in Grohl doing his own thing on the side. Im sure they have a couple more big albums but if alive today theyd be mature seasoned dadrock vets

>Thinks Artic Monkeys obscure.

>implying nirvana isn't dadrock

Not liking Nirvana is the worst meme ever, we all know you're just trying to be edgy, but you're just wrong

>Blind Melon was so bad
I will fight you.

>Blind Melon was so bad
Fuck you man.

what makes things even worse is that most of the people who died in these posts were junkies.
>genius
>greatest song writer of our time
>inspiring
why does no one mention that they heavily abused drugs. why do they glorify them

yeah but the plot twist is you're the summerfag

>Its a pretty safe assumption though. Just look at all the bands in that genre that were big that lasted.
>Im sure they have a couple more big albums but if alive today theyd be mature seasoned dadrock vets

I don't think it is though. If you mean Nirvana wouldn't be as hyped today or as good today in their late 40s/early 50s as they were in their 20s in the 90s, sure, but that happens to virtually every band ever. As per those bands' legacies though, they're carved in stone. They brought with them a paradigm shift that was firmly cemented well before Kurt Cobain died. And the ones who are still around or have since gotten back together (the big ones anyway) still do massive tours and sell mad tickets, whether or not some fans think they've released any great albums recently.

You're definitely right that the way Kurt Cobain's life ended affected his legacy, nobody's denying that. But the point I'm making is that none of those bands are famous and widely beloved because any of their members died young.

Anyone who told the basedgod to not quit his day job is good in my book

his lyrics are 4/10 at best and corny af and his flow is strictly a worse version of MF Doom

Per Ohlin

pls no

>tupac
>hendrix

fuck off

Going after Lil B, a weird but nice guy spreading a positive message about doing your own thing, always makes you look like a dumbass

Not liking Nirvana is Reddit contrarianism user...

AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE AMY WINEHOUSE

david bowie

this

xD

Eazy-E
he was a shit rapper to be honest