CETA has been signed today

>CETA has been signed today
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ceta/questions-and-answers/
breitbart.com/london/2016/09/23/world-bank-chief-sweden-create-lawless-migrant-zone/
dn.se/ekonomi/skapa-en-frizon-for-flyktingar-i-sverige/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yay for visa-free access to canada

hahahaha brits on suicide watch

>b-but at least we stopped the poles coming here w-we still get pakis though

AHAHAHAHAHA

That great sucking sound as jobs leave.

Canada Asylum now.

enjoy the refugee stream canada it was the plan all along

nice

Prepare for tens of thousands of africans and muzzies from France to leave for Canada

Canada is shit.

BUILD ANOTHER WALL

Fucking horrific. CETA is a threat to independence of every country signing it. I know Canadian cucks will eat it up, just like all the immigrant dick they've been getting lately, but this is too fucking much. Degenerates.

This is okay. But the same contract with americans would be a bad business

Great news for Canada and therefore the world

Excellent goyim

Canada has 90% of the same regulation standards as the US though. It's basically an extension of our market.

no clue what it is

>The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a proposed free-trade agreement between Canada and the European Union.[1][2] If enacted, the agreement would eliminate 98% of the tariffs between Canada and the EU.

>Critics oppose the treaty on the grounds that it will weaken European consumer rights, including those concerning food safety, and that tariffs are already very low.[7] It has also been criticized as a boon only for big business and multinational corporations, while risking net-losses, unemployment, and environmental damage impacting individual citizens.[8][9] The deal also includes a controversial investor-state dispute settlement mechanism. The agreement has prompted protests in Europe and Canada.[10]

I don't fucking know, I guess it's kind of bad.

Not until 2018

>Eurocucks and Canucks about to be fucked by corporate assholes outsourcing jobs willy nilly.
Thank god TTIP didn't pass.

Atleast they're not as big as you are. TiSA and TTIP would ruin european economies

Dude, it's literally is just a stop gap measure for US companies. The EU will still be flooded via being connected to NAFTA's market.

Most of anti-CETA stuff is bullshit:

>Will CETA affect EU rules on food safety or the environment or affect our right to regulate in the future?
>No. CETA will not affect EU rules on food safety or the environment. As now, Canadian products will only be able to be imported to and sold in the EU if they fully respect our regulations. For example, CETA does not affect EU restrictions on beef containing growth hormones or GMOs.

>How will CETA improve existing rules on investment dispute settlement?
>Firms will not be able to sue governments simply because profits might be affected. They will only be allowed to bring a claim in a limited number of well-defined cases that breach CETA and discriminate against the investor because of their nationality. A company would need to demonstrate that CETA's provisions had been breached in a specific way, so there will be no room for the members of the tribunal to interpret the agreement freely

>Thoughts?
The thing is, I dont really know what exactly is going to happen now. I am pretty sure that a bunch of people are feeling the same way.

>British damage control

Basically tariffs with Canada will be removed.

It's just another way to shoe in TTIP

Good job Eurofucks

enjoy your economy going to shit

thank you mister tusk

>It's just another way to shoe in TTIP
I dearly, desperately hope you're right, but I'm 95% sure you're wrong. Clinton's not going to be able to pass any trade deals, period.

Good, TTIP would be a disaster for both the US and EU.

I thought Austria was against this?

Only takes one country to veto it.

wtf I hate canada now!

That is one of the only parts I could guess. But how is it with the jobs? How it is with property right? How much say are the Canadian companies going to have? The other way around? How is it with visa and shit? I have no idea, so I cannot even shitpost about this topics 2bh ;_;

Signing a trade deal != passing a trade deal.

Also
>The EU-Canada Trade Sustainability Impact Assessment (SIA), a three-part study commissioned by the European Commission to independent experts and completed in September 2011, provides a comprehensive prediction on the impacts of CETA.[19][20][21] >It predicts a number of macro-economic and sector-specific impacts, suggesting the EU may see increases in real GDP of 0.02–0.03% in the long-term from CETA, whereas Canada may see increases of 0.18–0.36%

The "positive" effect is within the margin of error.

ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ceta/questions-and-answers/

The only country which was against this was Belgium or rather the Wallonian region
>People of a non-region of a non-country were the last to stand against the project
Really makes you think
Thanks, I will look into it :3

That's ultra pathetic growth for a "free trade" deal no?

>surely the website for the trade deal will be unbiased

There's a difference between signing the treaty and passing the treaty. The first one is a lot easier to do.

It's within the margin of error for the EU. I'm pretty confident it's just a trojan horse for TTIP.

>Sweden

Holy kek my fucking sides

Companys can sue countrys if new laws lower their profit
Products with lower quality standards can be sold here, eg. animals that were treated with substances that are illegal to use in the EU. Sooner or later the EU will have to lower its standards too in order to compete with that. Also privatisation.
Canada is to America what Austria is to us, so it's like in this carricature
>German Vize chancellor:
>"TTIP? I don't see any TTIP."

It remains unclear because they won't tell us shit.

That's the thing with these treaties, the document itself is a 1700 pages wall of text detailing all the specifics. And all we get is little pieces of info about it from the media.

But what about the canadian GMO food? Will it be sneaked into our supermarkets? What about standards and regulations? What about tariffs? How is cheap canadian agro going to affect the potato farmers of Latvia? What about this court of arbitrage for corporations to sue states? How does all this exactly work? We don't know.

All we know is that it's pushed by globalist neolibs, multinational corporations and probably reptilians too, and we'll swallow it down like goys.

And that Germoney will pay extra subsidies moneys to the Latvian potato farmers as the canadian GMO potato kicks them out of market.

>Companys can sue countrys if new laws lower their profit
I can remember someone of our cunt answering this topic in an interview, it was like
"Yes they could do it. However having the opportunity of doing exactly that and doing so are complete different things."

The only good thing about this is that the products of Canada don't really have a low quality as I can remember, so AT THE CURRENT STATE it won't harm any side.

The Brits are a party to it until they actually leave the EU though.

Canadians have essentially the same standards as us with slight differences.

>we'll swallow it down like goys.
Well THEY are quite smart aren't they? Since we don't know the exact details (or are too lazy to analyze it one by one) we only can protest against some of the most influential parts of it, while not acknowledging potentially more harmful passages.

>Germoney will pay
Well thats nothing new. Pension since the age of 80, when?

lets see who's laughing in some years when the uk economy slowed to a crawl thanks to investments having moved to mainland europe.

I keep hearing this companies-suing-coutries thing. Where exactly is the CETA section that covers this?

WE MUST NUKE CANADA BEFORE ALL IS LOST

TO ARMS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

donald tusk is a traitor and should be hanged

And fracking will be legalised

Is nuking Ottawa and Vancouver enough tho?

>most of Canada's trade is with us
>Canada has free trade with us
>Canada has free trade with EU
Forgive my macroeconomic illiteracy, but doesn't this just give a nice tariff free pathway for American stuff into Europe? If I'm wrong, an explanation would be much appreciated

it is
you've connected the dots nicely, for an american

CETA is TTIP in a trojan horse. Being buttblasted by Canada just doesn't sound as bad as by the US.

It's already legal in shitholes that yell 'Brexit means Brexit' yet still haven't fucked off and sticking to us like bedbugs to a pillow.

But yeah, let's imagine a Canadian fracking company, according to CETA they should be able to do anywhere in the EU as they do in leafistan. Or else, I sue you :----DDDD

This is terrible for some reason I'm not entirely sure about

No, a few "stray" nukes must accidentally level Jew York and Los Angeles to the ground.

>yfw Canada will cause the next World War

Canadians can enter your country more easily

Is it just TTIP or not? No memes plz

It's TTIP with Canada as the middleman

>But yeah, let's imagine a Canadian fracking company, according to CETA they should be able to do anywhere in the EU as they do in leafistan. Or else, I sue you :----DDDD
No, this is simply not true. They could sue only if some coubtry enacts a law that would breach CETA.

So far there were only three successful arbitrations under NAFTA and it's been in force for decades.

I mean Canada is a strong independant country that can stand his ground against unitedstatians companies and interests right

CETA will be the cause but Austrians will be responsible for the next World War too. They just can't help themselves.

good bant

Yes. But it's much more evil than that.

You could export to Canada, then export to Yurop. But it probably wont be long before merchants realise they could set up import-export companies in Canada and do the whole thing from there. And just pay society taxes there.

So you'll be cucked too, burgerman.

you best believe in a cyberpunk dystopia
you're living in one

TTIP is coming soon and we are more business friendly than Canada. Doubt anyone important would want to go there permanently

>Strong
>Independent
>Canada

So it's pretty much TPP the Americans have been fighting against.

>Austrians will be responsible for the next World War too
The eternal Ösis at it again, huh?

>Sweden

Jesus, my fucking sides

Didn't realise Jamal allowed you to have wifi in your cuck shed

Why do Europeans love Canada so much?

Google is your friend

I don't know why, but it's true that everyone outside of Sup Forums likes your country.

I want to emphasize that the treaty has to be passed by the 28 EU parliaments first. For now it's just signed by the EU representative and Canadian representative

TPP was signed in February and looks like it won't be passed.

>own country overrun with shitskins and niggers
>"y-your economic growth will be slower!"

Can't put a price on being white

And the best part is we are still growing faster than Sweden

Holy fucking shit, will swedcucks ever recover?

Prepare you ass for genetically modified salmon

the delusion is strong I see.

We currently have the minimum level of migration laws, the most restrictive possible. We're not being "overrun". That's fearmongering.

And that's rich coming from pakiland. England is FAR more multiethnic than sweden.

As I said, the real impact of brexit isn't felt right now because it hasn't fully taken effect. It will be felt over decades.

The idea that it WOULDN'T affect the economy negatively is simply laughable. It'll hurt the EU too, but not as much obviously. Economists warned you about brexit and you're still in denial.

>being this jealous

High immigration had a positive effect on the Swedish GDP. They grew like 3,2% last year and they're likely to pull a similar number this year. That's crazy for a highly developed economy like the Swedish one.

>viewing everything through the lens of economics
>no thought given to racial/cultural preservation

This is why your country is doomed, Sven. Enjoy the invasion. Keep waiting for that wealth to trickle down.

breitbart.com/london/2016/09/23/world-bank-chief-sweden-create-lawless-migrant-zone/

>breitbart
top KKKek

@66774884
dn.se/ekonomi/skapa-en-frizon-for-flyktingar-i-sverige/

Source is clearly linked in the article, you blatantly trolling faggot.

Nice. All faggots who think TTIP is the same are retarded.

how do you think cultures form in the first place? Culture is economics and economics is biology. You're living in the past.

>High immigration had a positive effect on the Swedish identity

BLANDA UPP

>Companys can sue countrys if new laws lower their profit
It's not TTIP. You can read the contract online. Also, as export country we most likely will benefit from this, as it opens up new ways to sell our products.

What has fracking to do with this trade agreement? Do you even know what you post?

Our standards are a bit higher. But yeah we dont ban GMOs and stuff because we arent retards who listen to youtube celebrities over peer reviewed research papers.

I'm excited. Germany, we will trade you our and video games and maple syrup for some high speed trains pls

>All these asshurt americucks that can't get a trade deal with Europe
Watch and learn fat boys

So basically some Murrikan world bank economist suggests creating a Swedish version of Guantanamo for the migrants? That's interesting and kind of creepy and the same time. I don't know how does it point to Sweden being cucked by the migrants. It's pretty much the other way around.

I'm surprised, thanks i didn't know it was online.
Ceta explicitly adresses fracking but as i found out just now it remains forbidden here.

>Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure it has to be ratified by national parliaments, so it's waste paper.

>tariff free maple syrup
Holy shit yes
I got addicted to the maple jew recently but the prices are absolutely ridiculous in Europe.

>Shitty Vermont sugar goop can't compete with glorious top tier Canadian Maple Syrup™
Empires have been built on gold, sugar, tea, oil and salt. Ours will be made from maple syrup!

it means nothing
It wont come into force until all parliaments legislate it

Unfortunately we have a literal maple syrup cartel because my province is too backwards and retarded to realize that the price dropping and expanding the market would be good for the farmers. However more farmers are selling it on the black market so maybe Couillard can get rid of it one of these days and we can truly flood your cunts with syrup

>3 to 5€
4.40 to 7.30 CAD

Sunny ways my friend. Based weedman will solve Quebec's issues just like his father did.