What's the worst country that speaks your language?

I just saw a documentary on lgbtq people who live in a sewer in Jamaica. I was disgusted more by how ugly and trashy Jamaica is than by the homophobia.

Jamaica has to be the absolute worst Anglophone country. It's like if you took the most run-down, trashy, urban American ghetto, made it into an island country, and gave them even more ridiculous accents. Even the nice part of Kingston shown in the documentary looks like the shittiest parts of Miami.

Belgium tbrqh

HET IS VAST EN ZEKER GODVERDOMME NIET ZEKER EN VAST

Well only two countries have Albanian as main language,so none

> le tropical island paradise meme
It's a failed slave colony turned third-world cesspit.

Guinea Bissau, probably. Maybe Mozambique.

Not Namibia?

Not Spanish Guinea?

Dominica is effd too

Isn't Angola worse than Mozambique tho

Namibians don't speak Dutch, they speak German, Afrikaans or Portugese.
Worst is still our retarded little brother Austria

No, Angola is probably the best big Luso-African colony. Mozambique has had a lot of tough civil wars.

They are both shitholes, but the fact you even see Angolans in Europe is because some of them have a way out. Mozambicans barely know how to speak Portuguese or English, for example.

Isn't Afrikaans a dutch dialect? Or is it a different language altogether?

So Angola is like Windsor, Ontario and Mozambique is Detroit, Michigan. Both are shitholes, but one is considerably less a shithole.

Mexicans, their accent makes me want to punch them

Yeah.

Luanda was reportedly pretty great while under our rule. It was called the Paris of Africa (kek, no joke), and had the largest Library in Africa and had a projected University. Life was relatively good there and in Maputo (then Lourenço Marques), Mozambique.

But after we left the commies fucked it all up.

I know colonisation is an iffy subject, and we were never too nice, but during our right-wing regime we really believed Africa could be changed, but the US and the USSR were jealous and colonial powers were no longer in fashion since the 40's.

>Spanish guinea
They speak a very good spanish tbqh, it sounds very similar to spaniard spanish

Portugal.

Thats their language though

What do you mean?

>Mozambicans barely know how to speak portuguese
What
Have you ever met a mozambican person?

Angola has a lot higher percentage of Portuguese speakers than Mozambique. Even the ones in Mozambique usually mix creole with it.

It doesn't help that Mozambique is surrounded by former Anglo colonies, so English is more favourable to them.

It's a different language, heavy influenced by Dutch

Portugal is fucking based though, but this is probably hue bait

A close relative of mine worked in Mozambique and South Africa for 4 years and he told me that SA was way worse than Mozambique, some cities literal shithole on earth : Brazil tier, with meth heads who will jack your car at rifle point or stab you for 50$USD

Portugal barely counts as a country

Didn't know this.
Maybe it's because everyone I've met from Maputo speaks fluently portuguese.

Their accent is very thick, they don't seem to know how to speak vowels. Sometimes I can even understand galicians better than them.

>this is probably hue bait
It's Bantz. Brazilians are often mocked for ruining the language, so they like to throw us these when they have the chance.

Vowels are overrated.

We also have a lot less contact with Mozambicans than Angolans, because they leave farther away.

>It's a Chile thread

> but during our right-wing regime we really believed Africa could be changed,
The only successful colonisation either a) kills off the natives, or b) makes the natives identify with the coloniser. When the natives still hold onto their culture and identity, they never adopt the coloniser's civilisation, no matter how much better it is, because humans are proud and don't like to admit they're inferior.

Rome colonised Gaul and Iberia by doing the latter. Australia and the USA were settled using the former. Africa can only ever be successful when the countless African nations accept Euro-Asian civilisation, or the land is settled by Euros/Asians.

>lgbtq
You probably meant faggots and I know which documentary you're talking about.

Secondly, I would like to point out the fact that English is not your language. And on topic, that would be Croatia since they speak a butchered version of Slovene with a lot of Serbian mixed in it.

> I would like to point out the fact that English is not your language.
That's not true.

>b) makes the natives identify with the coloniser.
This is what we tried to do with the natives - Lusotropicalism. Well, the non-enslaved ones. It sort of worked for a while, but it needed to be 100% for it to resist outside pressure like the one it did from the US/USSR. I think most of the fighters on our side were actually black, even.

Memes aside, even today the black people you see here aren't as aggressive and disenfranchised as the American ones by a long shot. Sure, they are poorer than average and still gather in their own bars at night, but during the day they are a lot calmer, polite and generally nice. A bit dumb, sure, but most don't even get that Ebonic accent if they are second-generation and their parents managed to get a half decent working job.

>muh Africa can't speak a language
If Angola is a shithole, why so many Portuguese move there ?

>why so many Portuguese move there
Because you can buy huge houses if you pay in Euros, and there is a skilled-labout vaccuum. It's also a huge trap, because you can't get your money out of the country, but some people still try.

Better to be a big fish in a small lake sort of deal.

Is it called English or Canadian?

Jamaica must be heaven though compared to Liberia

For us it's obviously Moldova

Yeah. Today it's unpopular to say, but when some parts of the world are so far behind other parts, I think begnin colonialism is a good thing. Europe gave up on Africa in the early 1960s, and now China's going in and seeing if it can teach tribal third-worlders how to run a functioning industrial state.
Put your hand down, Jéan!
All English is English! From the most incoherent Jamaican patois to the thickest Scottish brogue. If it's written in Standard English, it doesn't matter how it's spoken. English is English.

>speaking a borrowed language
Nice

English is English so why should it be~
you and I should get along so awfully [duhn duhn duhn]

>I think begnin colonialism is a good thing.
The thing with that is that we've become to corrupt to help Angola, for example. In fact, since they are bigger and more corrupt, they get away with shit we can't pull off.

There's an Angolan female millionaire buying huge swaths of real estate in Lisbon, for example. And the multiple corrupt networks topple their way, because here the corrupt are (slowly and inefficiently) trialled, whereas there they don't even have working courts to do that, so they just keep getting more and more oil money.

China might put an end to it, but then who will put an end to China?

But it's true that my compatriots speaks shit French

We'll China looks like it's gonna topple itself