Black IDM Artists

Who is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BpPQv2yFnM
youtube.com/watch?v=7A7YF9fZNBg
youtube.com/watch?v=2POeNitE8H4
youtube.com/watch?v=g_4TwcD7g1s
rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/guide_to_electronic_music___timeline_and_styles/
youtube.com/watch?v=6z7q08-nEH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who

Flying Lotus/Actress

Personally, I think Actress is miles ahead.

>IDM

stop using that

FlyLo is instrumental hip-hop/breakbeat/jazz fusion and Actress is techno/lo-fi house

I would say Flylo, but barely.

Actress' body of work completely eclipses FlyLo's, but I dont think Actress has ever made as great (or cohesive) of a record as pic related

my boy actress

better than both desu

Flying Lotus is not fucking breakbeat. IDM is a pretty accurate label for both artists.

>Flying Lotus is not fucking breakbeat
then what's this then?

youtube.com/watch?v=2BpPQv2yFnM

Hip hop / Techno

>IDM makes me feel special so I cherry pick artists to call that

i personally prefer flylo

also i only listened ghettoville and thought it was pretty boring

I hate IDM mostly because of how torn it makes me feel
"intelligent dance music" is such a fucking stupid term and I want it to go away but I can think of no other preexisting term save maybe "brain dance" (which kinda conveys the same pretentiousness) that does as good of a job at conveying certain sounds to people

You could say Instrumental hip hop / breakbeat for FlyLo and Actress for techno and every non-Sup Forums autist would know exactly what you meant.

dj stingray > *

flylo and actress are nu-blacks

Who this?

Tycho

stingray is an amazing amazing dj but not innovative as a producer

>Actress' body of work completely eclipses FlyLo's, but I dont think Actress has ever made as great (or cohesive) of a record
Yea actress has definitely innovated in mulitple genres. flylo has taken his work in interesting directions but isn't really this interesting le jazz electronic pioneer the press makes him out to be. but he has cohesive work. actress is a bit ADD.

Actress shits on flying lotus not even in the same league

youtube.com/watch?v=7A7YF9fZNBg
flying lotus hasn't yet to make a track this good

People actually listen to IDM past the age of 15?

Cygnus

Actress over FlyLo.

I've listened to this more times:

youtube.com/watch?v=2POeNitE8H4

CoP has a really nice synth lead but the progression is kinda subtle and not that interesting to me.

>stingray is amazing as a dj but not innovative as a producer

youtube.com/watch?v=g_4TwcD7g1s

how can one user be so, so wrong. Absolute pioneer in minimal vibes like this.

I prefer Actress personally

Never heard of artist and I'm trying to get into electronic music. Where do I start?

>autists still think the acronym IDM hasn't transcended what its abbreviation means

>electronic music

first understand that "electronic music" is a huge umbrella term that encompasses everything from musique concrete to hip-hop to noise to ambient to synth pop

it would be wiser to do some preliminary research on the different types of electronic music and then ask for recs and starting points for each genre

Well I'm already a huge hip hop fan so I guess I'm half way there.

rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/guide_to_electronic_music___timeline_and_styles/

Martin Garrix

RYM is trash tho.

Ehhhh...I gotta give it Flying lotus. I LOVE Actress, but sometimes his tracks can be a little too repetitive.

I'm hear talking shit, but I've been binging Ghettoville for a couple of days now.

Gaze, man...Fucking...GAAAAZE ! It's killing me.
youtube.com/watch?v=6z7q08-nEH8
...i might have to change my pick

post a better guide bb

Not bad, i was expecting it to be cliche pardner list of IDM and the 6 techno albums posted daily here only

...who is this ?

Neither of these guys are IDM artists stfu

man i still dont know why i didnt go see him dj back in like march, saw videos and he absolutely fucking killed it

feels bad

Hieroglyphic Being >>>>>

>IDM is a pretty accurate label for both artists.
lol it doesn't even fucking mean anything

literally a novelty label the press latched onto in order to market this "intelligent " music amongst all the "dumb" rave music at the time. in actuality it's just a vague, arbitrary and messy umbrella with like 15 legit dance genres shoved under it.

If FlyLo = IDM, then Teebs = IDM and (unpopular opinion alert) Teebs > FlyLo