Anyone else weep whenever the coney island speech in Sleep comes on...

anyone else weep whenever the coney island speech in Sleep comes on? always thought this was just a Sup Forums meme album but holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

brainwashed.com/common/sounds/mp3/godspeed_you_black_emperor-murray_ostril.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's really good but some people here really go fucking crazy about it. I don't really understand that. I dig it though. Definitely a 9.5/10. Some parts go on a bit too long and static has a noticeably weaker second half.

Antennas to Heaven is the best piece in the album, for me.

Sleep followed by storm are best,
Fight me

>some people here really go fucking crazy about it. I don't really understand that.
>Definitely a 9.5/10.
wew

checked and agreed

I do understand it. I just meant I don't feel it is some life affirming musical experience. It's great

I prefer Storm. Antennas to Heaven comes about the same as Sleep for me. So Storm > Sleep = Antennas > Static

It's an objective 10/10, everyone saying otherwise is a moron :^)

OBJECTIVELY
Antennas to Heaven > Static > Storm > Sleep

Yeah. Reminds me of when I was younger and didn't have a care in the world, I was just a stupid teenager going to night clubs, meeting girls, hanging out with my old friends and just fucking around. Before life got serious. Now it resonates with me in a way it didn't back then, reflecting on a time that doesn't exist anymore and never will. Red Velvet Corridor/Helpless Child does the same thing too me. Back in 2009/2010 shitposting on Sup Forums all day about Swans, Godspeed, NME, MBV. Jesus. Good times.

>Contrarian the post

**NMH

it's actually sleep > storm > antennas > static mr. contrarian

"She dreamt she was a bulldozer, she dreamt she was alone in an empty field" is my favourite part.

keking at these plebs, the patrician ranking is

Static>Storm>Antennas To Heaven>Sleep

i love the part when it goes AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anyone who considers static to be the best track is WRONG, it's by far the least interesting thing that occurs on the album.

Sleep>Antennas>Storm>Static

True patrician choice.

You can put the four tracks in any order, and it wouldn't be wrong

Yanqui U.X.O.>LYSFLATH

Static>Storm>Sleep>Antennas To Heaven

(frankie sinatra)

>That speech in Static
I get chills whenever I hear it.

broken windows locks of love is best section

my fucking dude

honestly all the speeches on LYSFLATH are GOAT

whats the song

This is basically how it is for me. Back when I just liked classic rock and didn't take anything seriously I didn't really like anything by GY!BE; I thought it was too long and boring.
But once I started really maturing I gave it another shot, and now they're my favorite band.

Sleep
brainwashed.com/common/sounds/mp3/godspeed_you_black_emperor-murray_ostril.mp3

>(You) are contrarian

she drempt she was a bulldozer is probably my favourite part of any godspeed album. But lift your fists isn't my favourite album