What are some normie albums that Sup Forums likes?

What are some normie albums that Sup Forums likes?

In my top 5 albums of all time, also the last extraordinary album they made

that is one of the most pretensious thread titles i've ever seen

Does an album being popular somehow decrease its value to you?

Weezer, Blue Album

Fuck yeah man, that album is beautiful. Venice Queen is my favorite Chili Peppers song of all time, even though I think the first CD (Jupiter) of Stadium Arcadium is also very good, Mars is full of filler and just overrall bad songs, but what I'm tryin to say is that I also liked SA, Wet Sand is incredible

any kanye west album

I have the feeling it's been you, the same person, posting this album in this kind of threads for the past 3 or so years, because someone ALWAYS posts this with no exception, I obviously might be wrong.

Do you only listen to Sup Forums approved albums?

Your myers briggs type has the letter S, not N.

I can't rate SA highly because of this, seems like way too many fillers. It's a great album but with that many songs it felt like they were just making music for the sake of making music and not trying to create anything different or too amazing. I feel that the band being at their peak at that time, they could've done something so much more better than what they did.

good job

Was I right? If yes, I knew because it is clear you don't like to deal with abstract concepts.

what is in any way abstract about that?

"normie album" is an abstract concept that simply means a mainstream one

"that Sup Forums likes" is an abstract concept that... pretty much means not mainstream, since Sup Forums is an anonymous board, people say their true opinions rather than going with the crowd.

in this case, OP was asking for albums that satisfies both the mainstream tastes and those of the anons on this board.

>it felt like they were just making music for the sake of making music and not trying to create anything different or too amazing

Fuuckk I've actually thought of that too. I agree

Seems like a nirvana shirt and/or tattoo is the entry level ticket into being an "alt girl" these days

i like the way you think

drop ur lastfm so we can talk pls

listen, i never said i didn't understand the objective of the thread, i just meant that it seems a bit pretentious imply that there are few enough albums that could both satisfy the holy praticians of Sup Forums(!) and the normie scum(!) for there to be a thread about it

you hurt me on the internet, user

The way I interpret it is that Sup Forums in this sense refers to the individual; given that we're all anonymous, our only identifier is our group

> it's been you, the same person, posting this album in this kind of threads for the past 3 or so years

.......maybe

I've been here since '10

don't have one but i always see those on this board. should i get one?

this guy summed it up for me. thank you.

Snoop Dogg's 'Doggystyle' is probably to this day the most fun album of all time

and it's only normie if you live in the hood of the west coast. so i don't know whether it counts

The Residents - Duck Stab

i'm the guy who is an f and not an n and i just want to say that i hope i am cool with all the anons in this thread

I knew it family
#exposed

No, that makes no sense, you're fucking retarded.

What "normie album" means could either be albums that are not pop music - belong to an alternative music genre - or it could mean albums in the mainstream that are very popular, which almost by definition means pop music, but not really.

So the thread title could more succinctly be rephrased as "hit albums that Sup Forums likes" or "pop/rock albums that Sup Forums" likes.

Also, it is silly to propose that hit albums are hits just because people are prone to go with the crowd, and for that reason it is silly to assume that people who visit an anonymous board are likely to differ from popular opinion, unless some other precedent is set.

Abbey Road
Grace
Pet Sounds
Mezzanine
Highway 61 Revisited

it's okay bud i like this album too. Anything pre-mental breakdown is lovely. Gimme some of that Port Blue to butter on my toast

lmao
I know what you mean
it's nice to see it proven

I know every word to Flockaveli and have frequently "turned up" with "my niggas" to it

t. southerner

>TFW I have friends who got in utero tats

In Utero is great. It's got something special about it and I don't think there's anything wrong with liking them at all. It's when angsty teens use them to show how different and special they are while only knowing Nevermind.

interesting. i agree with just about everything you said, and none of it seems incompatible with anything i said.

Read the last part again.

The error is in the implication you made that the selection process for music in general can be reduced to herd mentality, and then assuming that the selection process in general is different from that on Sup Forums. If there is a specific selection bias at play, that is different, but none was substantiated in your post.

>implication you made that the selection process for music in general can be reduced to herd mentality

i can see why you think that. you seem to think that music is "selected" by normies. in reality, it is fed to them through marketing.

Yes, the selection pool may be smaller, but what comes out of that as a "hit album" is still not identical to the selection pool, so your point is logically incoherent.

I still think Outkast is more normie/older brother-core in the south as far as rap goes.

>tfw