Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8P3oHOLLxWk
liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/mista-thug-isolation
youtu.be/yyYtseXgJ40
youtu.be/c85KXCW_JqE
youtu.be/YeX_GcpGGnY
youtu.be/2a4ENITL1rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea rap is pretty good. You cant find the level of lyricism that rap has in other genres. You should start with Yeezus, then go to Kanyes other albums

Yeezus is great but you just sold rap as lyrical then said to start with yeezus

I'm not a huge fan of kanye, but i'm willing to give him another shot.

Don't start with yeezus, this guy is retarded. Start with my beautiful dark twisted fantasy

>listening to kanye
>hiphop post 2000
wew lads, when was the pleb-invasion?

It really depends what music you are into at the moment

>Don't start with yeezus

Yeezus is by far his best work. Fuck off.

Does Sup Forums like sing? Where would you recommend I go to get into sing?

Basically anything but country

what type of rap are you looking for? hard hitting gangster lyrics, laid back relaxing stuff, i know a lot of rap i can probably find something you'll like

Rap is great. Start here with Thugger

I don't know anything about hip-hop and rap so i'm in your hands haha

I like any genre of music and I grew up in a rough part of Chicago, so anything is fine with me. I just need a place to start at

Does Sup Forums like rock? Where would you recommend I go to get into rock

If you're talking lyricism why the fuck would you mention Yeezus?

In fact, if we're talking Hip Hop, why the fuck would you mention anything released in the past 5 years? Every decent recent Hip Hop album (especially Kanye's recent stuff) has been attempts at innovation and experimentation from the old school style.

OP, if you want to get into Hip Hop start with late 80's/early 90's stuff.

It also depends on what you look for in music, if you like good lyricism try listening to Common's 'resurrection' album. Common is by far the greatest lyricist in Hip Hop.

If you like chilled stuff, try A Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul.

If your taste is more towards the instrumentation, try J Dilla.

A different thread

Thanks for all the help so far lads

well recently one of my favorite rap projects has been #MAXO187 by Maxo Kream
check it out here: youtube.com/watch?v=8P3oHOLLxWk

it's very vividly painted lyrics about drug dealing and gang related activity, but maxo takes it a level above most of his counterparts lyrically and has some really unique and interesting flows. also, every single beat is just straight mean as hell and i havent been able to stop playing the majority of the songs off this mixtape

also, i recommend you check out Mista Thug Isolation by Lil Ugly Mane
liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/mista-thug-isolation

this is by far my favorite rap album of all time, don't let the name discourage you i highly recommend you just let this entire album play all the way through. it's all very dark, syrupy drug induced sounding beats with Lil Ugly Mane rapping about a combo of illegal activities and also "mystical"/otherworldly subjects like worshipping demons and sacrificing prostitutes.
the only other album besides madvillainy i'd consider a 10/10

actually, ignore that link to MAXO187 i gave you because it has a lot of annoying DJ tags and seems to have been edited by whoever uploaded it to youtube. the mixtape is on spotify in full quality with no tags or anything

Holy shit I feel bad that you have spent so much time on Kanye instead of expanding your taste

don't start with Yeezus, for rap OR for Kanye

start with College Dropout or Late Registration, then move on to MBDTF. These are essential Kanye, everything else is extra

if you're not into Kanye, start with good kid, mAAd city then move on to TPAB or 2014 Forest Hills Drive for some topical lyrical shit

if you're not into the Kendrick stuff, you should probably start with the classics: Illmatic, The Chronic, Straight Outta Compton, and Ready to Die are starters. if you dig it, then move on to 36 Chambers, All Eyez On Me, Doggystyle, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted and maybe The Marshall Mathers LP (but listen to that anyway)

some other stuff you wanna take a glance at is Drake, OutKast, A$AP Rocky, Frank Ocean, Chance the Rapper, and definitely the Beastie Boys

i wouldn't consider the following artists exactly top shelf, but they're influential enough in hip hop right now to at least give them a listen: Jay Z, Future (Desiigner too), Young Thug, Ty Dolla $ign, Lil Wayne's old stuff, Childish Gambino, Run the Jewels, and Tech N9ne/Twista/Busta Rhymes. at least hear 1 of their discs or a couple of songs just to figure out they're style and why people like them

once you've heard a sizeable of the stuff above, then move on to Busdriver, MF DOOM/Madvillain, Aesop Rock, Tyler the Creator, YG, Cannibal Ox, Death Grips, DJ Shadow... all this stuff I wouldn't really call underground, but it's not accessible until you've heard enough rap

then it's basically wherever your taste takes you. good luck

Thanks god Rap's finally dead.

Serbian nationalist rap is God tier
youtu.be/yyYtseXgJ40
youtu.be/c85KXCW_JqE
youtu.be/YeX_GcpGGnY
youtu.be/2a4ENITL1rg

listen to bones, $uicideboy$, pouya for starters. dont pay attention to these other comments, they dont know good current music and are stuck in the past

you could've just said the 'underground rap'