Let's settle this, which is the best Nirvana album?

Let's settle this, which is the best Nirvana album?

>tfw Kurt was murdered before he could record his Magnum Opus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqn815Be3BU
youtube.com/watch?v=v2gj4pwaUuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In utero

Any of them other than Nevermind

Nevermind it's not even close

Bleach.

In Utero > Bleach > Nevermind > Incesticide.

i still like Incesticide tho.

Muddy Banks

In utero and Unplugged >>> Anything else

in utero

/thread

In Utero > Unplugged > Nevermind > Incesticide > Bleach

Bleach would be the best Nirvana album but the drumming and guitar tone are not great
Nevermind is too overproduced and the songs are mostly boring
In Utero has a great guitar sound and some really nice tracks but also some boring tracks like Nevermind
Incesticide is obviously inconsistent but Aneurysm is the best thing Nirvana ever recorded
Unplugged is completely uninteresting
Muddy Banks is a better live album but meh

Hard to say which is best

correct

This

"Nevermind is overproduced" is such a meme reply.

this

or it's someone's actual opinion and you're a dumbass who thinks everything is a meme

In Utero

IS THERE

ANOTHER

REASON

Tfw the telecaster pickguard is a vinyl record

FOR YER STAIN?

COULD YOU

I'm sick of this. Kurt was an overrated hack. So many better musicians/ bands from that era/ location. Fuck Kurt Cobain. Just an asshole who took himself too seriously, couldn't take a joke, and couldn't "stand to be humiliated". Get over yourself, faggot.

>STAIN
WELL HE NEVER BLEEDS

AND HE NEVER FUCKS

Unplugged. It bypasses a lot of the angst and hits home.

Do Re Mi is the best thing Kurt ever wrote, an album of stuff like that would be 10/10

the only true answer

it's literally completely wrong unless you are a massive pleb

But what about the distortion and feedback perfectly executed

without a doubt

nevermind is underrated

this

> Bleach: Melvins/Mudhoney inspired, late 80's 'grunge'. Nothing too outstanding compared to other albums in the context of the times.
Best tracks are 'About a Girl' and 'Scoff'.

> Nevermind: Changed rock music forever in that he totally destroyed it. Everything that can be said about this album has been said. Best tracks are 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' (objectively their best song), 'Something in the Way', 'Lithium and "Territorial Pissings'.

> In Utero: Last and best album they made. Mostly noise rock but there's some gems in there. Best tracks are 'All Apologies' and 'Scentless Apprentice'.

> Unplugged: Probably the Nirvana album I have listened to the most. Great set list and killer execution considering it's live. I think it drags AiC's Unplugged album across the floor. Best tracks are 'Oh, Me', 'All Apologies', 'Dumb' and 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night".

> Muddy Banks: Shit album really. Just Courtney's way of cashing the Nirvana cow even more. There are loads of live better performances of the songs that are on the album. Best track is "Spank Thru" (that solo is incredible).

> Incesticide: Contrarian's choice. 'Aneurysm' isn't that good, 'Dive' is miles better. Check out the live versions of 'Son of a Gun' Nirvana did. Best tracks are 'Dive', 'Molly's Lips', 'Mexican Seafood' and 'Aero Zeppelin'.

Objectively, their best album is 'Nevermind' but 'In Utero' is GOAT.

Also, OP is right. Kurt's next album would've been incredible.

The aesthetic Nirvana was going for did not align with the glossy cash-in of Nevermind. Cobain hit his stride with Unplugged and In Utero. Sucks he would never fully explore his full potential.

I firmly believe that if Cobain hadn't killed himself, Nirvana would have a few more classics under it's belt and Nevermind wouldn't be held in such regard.

YOU COULD DO ANYTHING
YOU COULD DO ANYTHING
YOU COULD DO ANYTHING
YOU COULD DO ANYTHING

youtube.com/watch?v=sqn815Be3BU

GOAT

>Sucks he would never fully explore his full potential.

he did

MTV Unplugged is my favorite desu.

This is the only good thing that came from Nirvana youtube.com/watch?v=v2gj4pwaUuc

Imo......
Unplugged > in Utero > Nevermind > Bleach = Wishka = Incesticide

Bleach, Insecticide, all b-sides, demo/session recording and all those lives and bootlegs from this times before 1992. Seriously, they all fucking great. That was his truly input in his music and "grunge" culture. Then it's just become a circle. Cobain starts to make fun of teens and journalists which was very cheap method desu. Even his biography becomes hard to read. After 1992 Kurt were just standing still bc of drug addiction. It's just not healthy to listen guy who sings like he wants to die.

/thread

that was fast

This.

more like an hero

unplugged isn't that good

honestly, their three studio albums, unplugged, and Incesticide are all pretty essential.

That said, in terms of personal preference, at least for me it's:

In Utero = Incesticide > Unplugged > Nevermind > Bleach
but if somebody literally reversed that order, I wouldn't mind because they're all decent albums, and I'm not even a big Nirvana person

Was Kurt a good lyricist, Sup Forums?

I honestly don't know how to answer that... he was a great songwriter, but when it comes to his actual lyrics my favorite songs are the ones where he repeats things like "Grandma take me home" and "NO RECESS!"

My favourite lyrics of his are the ones I misheard.