I do not get it

I do not get it

Apart from the one song with the sitar and extended bridge, this sounds like average pop music with unconvential instruments used in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

songsterr.com/a/wsa/beatles-a-day-in-the-life-chords-s22718
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lurk more, faggot

Go look at the chords.

songsterr.com/a/wsa/beatles-a-day-in-the-life-chords-s22718

Find me a single pop song ever made, hell a single song put on an album but a popular band with more complexity than this.

strawberry fields forever
god only knows
david bowie - heroes

God only knows is actually a good choice. I'd say they're on par with the most complex songs in an album ever with an edge to Day in the Life because of its structure being more complicated and having a more expansive arrangement.

The other two aren't nearly as complex.

>The other two aren't nearly as complex.
You're a fucking idiot.

I'd say conventional pop music NOW, everybody got to admit The Beatles changed the way music was produced with this record

Name another pop song that sounds like Mr. Kite that isn't directly influenced by the beatles

safe as milk and piper at thet gates of dawn were released around the same time and I think those are more interesting. Piper at the Gates of Dawn was probably more innovative and influential

reminder that syd literally stole the noises from being for the benefit for mr kite for piper at the gates of dawn

>(not true btw)

I was somewhat true

According to Nick Mason, the original four members of Pink Floyd (Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Mason) were present at Abbey Road Studios and watched The Beatles recording "Lovely Rita" from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.[5] Voice effects and noises similar to those used in "Lovely Rita" could be heard in "Pow R. Toc H.," recorded next door during the same period.

That is like your opinion bro
Also, those are different styles in music, different kind of playing, like, listen to Paul's basslines and listen to Roger's.
Sgt. Pepper it's innovative as fuck on it's own way.

Sgt. Pepper is a meme album, OP.

A Hard Day's Night, Rubber Soul, Revolver & Abbey Road are the definitive Beatles albums.

Magical Mystery Tour does the "DUDE LSD LMAO" thing much better.

the songs are a lot more complex than they seem

i found most of the album to be growers

The Beatles took them from "Freak Out!"

>being this much of a Beatles dickrider

You know nothing about music composition if you think that A Day In The Life is impressive purely based on it having 14 chords (all of which are certainly being used in progressions that have existed for far longer than any member of that band has been alive). I'm not even saying that I disagree with it being a phenomenal pop song, the issue is that you just cited near-meaningless bullshit to affirm your opinion.

Can you explain why? I mean, just look at the chords. You can say "well chords don't make a song good" and yeah, you'd be right but still. Its not close in structure, chord progression, or arrangement.

Why wouldn't I be?

i think the biggest thing for this record is that it very consciously thought of the whole album as a single piece which in a way was even bigger than a song cycle (like Pet Sounds which even that was a newer concept for pop groups) in that it was a very visual as well as aural complete work. Lots of imagery all over this album (which coincidentally is mirrored perfectly in the artwork) and text painting with the music. It works as a whole from front to back better than any Beatles album by far and yes even Abbey Road which is only second to this in terms of it being a complete piece.

This

Mr Kite is one of the worst songs I've ever heard

It is
But nobody was doing average pop music with unconventional instruments before the Beatles

Beach Boys
and a bunch of old country and folk music

Pet Sounds is full of so much more soul than anything the Beatles ever made

BTFO

Listen to yourself