This is unironically and legitimately the best Kanye album

This is unironically and legitimately the best Kanye album.

It is currently and will finish as the best album of 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cS_bDnxCnkc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love kanye but this is literally no more than a 4/10, so empty and directionless, and feels unfinished.

>and will finish
let me know when that happens

>at least half the songs have terrible beat, production, lyricism, and delivery
>being a "good" or "best" anything

this

I'm not a fan of kanye but I enjoyed this and MBDTF the most

g r a d u a t i o n

Yeezus > MBDTF > LR > 808s > CD > Grad > TLOP

Look, we got a youngster here

>Yeezus at top
I never understood this meme. It's short, abrupt, and like a dumbed down version of TMS, but worse.
The only good thing about that album is Bound 2.

I guess that's what I like about it in a way, other than like 2 songs, every songs is really good IMO, MBDTF is more refined and artistic album I guess but idk, I like Yeezus

I'm no fan of Yeezus but I do think it has a few good songs. Bound 2 is absolutely not one of them though. If anything, it's an insult considering it's from the same guy that gave us The College Dropout and Late Registration. Even if he's intentionally shitting on his own signature style (which is the only reason I can think of that travesty even flying) none of it comes across in good taste. The synth parts are alright but man, that track is infuriatingly disappointing.

Okay? You're the one that takes Kanye albums seriously

I don't get the hate for Bound 2, its a good song

You're gonna have to explain to me how because I can't see anything good in it. The samples are choppy and the lyrics are insufferable. On Sight had one soul sample that blows the entirety of that supposed revisitation of his old form the fuck out.

The lyrics are just funny if anything to me, its not like he's an amazing lyricist anyway, the sample is used well IMO, its nothing amazing but I like it, its far from his best of course but its just a decent catchy song

If it works for you then I guess. Track was a hell of a misfire to these ears.

I heard Blood on the Leaves on the radio a few months ago and it really made me revisit the album, but I still can't get into it as a whole. A few great tracks, but quite jarring, whereas most of his other albums I find rather comfy.

IF I FUCK
THIS MODEL
AND SHE JUST BLEACHED
HER ASSHOLE

I was just about to make this thread.

Truly one of the best albums of all time. Already iconic. Good start to finish. It's all been said by now I bet.

MBDTF is his magnum opus, and has remained so thus far.

I fucking hate that line, which sucks because I really love the intro and bleached asshole just ruins the rest of the song for me.

january 1, 2017

I just want the verses removed and it will be a perfect song

>Pleb choice
TLOP, College Dropout

>Patrician choice
Graduation, 808s

>Contrarian choice
Yeezus

>Correct choise
MBDTF, Late Registration

Late Registration > MBDTF > 808s > College Dropout > Yeezus > Graduation > TLOP

>he still compares yeezus to dg

I still don't know what to think of this, but I'm leaning towards brilliant.

It really is a hodge podge of every style of Kanye. Really strange. It sounds like someone losing their mind.

>tfw left my fridge open and someone took a sandwich

ebic b8

>tfw my cousin stole my laptop that I was fuckin' bitches on and I had to pay him 250 thousand just to get it back

False; False

>Graduation
>patrician

Graduation is his poppiest, most accessible record man. It's almost wall to wall stadium anthems.

the type of people to be bashful towards kanye

Finally someone else with the correct Kanye ranking

TLOP is Bound 2: The Album

>This is unironically and legitimately the best Kanye album.
who the fuck even cares?
>best
>kanye
>Sup Forums

gb2 reddit or some shit

That's not Late Registration.

>who the fuck even cares?
Did you even read the rest of the thread? It's pretty clear people care about his music here.

this thread has 4 posts bro, learn to count.

a bunch of white teenagers arguing over which album they think a faux hip-hop artist is better?

hf

>filtering this hard
You're the one that needs to go with you're so triggered you need to filter out all the posts you don't like.

All I said is that people here care, for better or worse.

Did this post travel through time to get here

Puh-leeeeaaaasssseeeee

This is my least favorite accolade people give this record. Explain this narrative.

unironically think this is one of the best moments on the album

same thing with the unfollow/unswallow shit on Wolves

>Pre-Saint Pablo 6/10
>Post-Saint Pablo 7/10
It's some solid Kanye. Problem is that it followed his best album (Yeezus) and his most critically acclaimed album (MBDTF). It's main problem is that it's a little over-indulgent, but that's partly the point as the album explores the mess Kanye has made of being a black superstar.

Remove,
Lowlights,
Highlights,
Silver Surfer,
30 Hours (or at least shorten it),
Facts,
and the album is considerably less bloated.

Highlights being a minute shorter would fix it. Disagree with everything else--especially on shortening 30 Hours, which is the fucking beat of the year

I agree and maybe Waves as well. 30 Hours is a good track, though it would certainly help to remove the long outro.

That fucking beat though

>Patrician choice
>Correct choice
what did he mean by this

Great fucking beat, just don't need to hear it for 5 minutes.
Especially when those last two minutes are literally filler.

Just listened to MBDTF and loved it, I might give it a try.

Not only does it work because the beat us sick, but I think the beat riding out works with the song thematically. I even like the phone call.

>I think the beat riding out works with the song thematically
never thought about it like that user, can definitely see that
I like the phone call, partly because it catches me off guard every time and i look at my phone

not the guy you're replying to but i'm really thankful that the beat goes on another 2 minutes. production on that track is really cool

Grad>MBDTF>808s>TLOP>CD>LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yeezus

Not the guy you're responding to, but while the best is great it doesn't change the fact that Kanye is meandering for the last 2 minutes. I'd rather have the shorter track t b h.

posting my incredible prophetic view into the future

when it first came out, everybody thought yeezus was just a rip on death grips, and was a shitty experiment that didn't work. Now, people are comparing it to MBDTF, and saying how incredible it was all along. I think currently, TLOP is in a transition, with some people saying that it's incredible, and others still saying that it's a shitty experiment that didn't work. Only time will tell if it will ultimately be received the same, but I think it will either reach yeezus levels of praise, or go even farther.

Honest question: are you not a big hip hop fan, generally?

I think your view of Yeezus is kind of central to the way this particular board on the internet perceived it, but you're more or less right.

My personal thoughts are that MBDTF will go into a distant third place behind Yeezus and TLOP.

Worth mentioning that Kanye hasn't made a record that isn't really good.

Honestly, can't say I am. I'm trying to get into the genre though.

It's not that I don't appreciate a good beat, I actually like the beats more and that stops me from getting into some of the older, more MC focused stuff, but I feel Kanye distracts from the beat for those last 2 minutes and I honestly can't rank the beat higher than the beat from say Famous or No More Parties in LA.

I agree 100% and this thread is full of plebs who don't get it.

pretty off topic but if you're getting into hip-hop and like beats, you should check out some stuff from earlier back.

try this : youtube.com/watch?v=cS_bDnxCnkc

i quite like hip-hop, but it seems that I generally prefer older material. just felt like it had more integrity...?

i have listened to a lot of kanye's material, but just don't seem to get it.
any other hip-hop fans have a similar opinion?
anyone shed any light on his appeal?

kanye influenced a lot of modern hiphop so it makes sense that if you don't like kanye you wouldn't prefer the new wave of artists.

he always seemed like radio-rock as well, which isn't appealing.

thing is I enjoy some modern hip-hop too, but i generally gravitate towards the 80s and 90s, tending to find kanye's work in particular fairly insufferable - maybe it is the fans that create such a sour image.

he seems like a complete dick who aims his music at dicks and those who don't know much better... i dunno.

agree, waves and highlights sound like they are trying to be commercial but they miss the mark

i quite like hip hop, but I generally prefer his latest 2 albums

Heh nice try kiddos but but you clearly just...don't...get it.
>Terrible beat
Nuh uh they're dope as hell, just ask any (successful) hip hop artist
>Terible Production
Nuh uh, I the songs were recorded and mixed in such a way that they are indeed songs. Also ask any (successful) hip hop artist.
>Terrible Lyricism
I bet you don't even read books or poetry AT ALL
>Terrible Delivery
I can make out what the artists were rapping and singing about and it's all dope as hell

Remember that Kanye Black Heterosexual Male who Identifies as a God who is known around the world. So you, as people who Identify edgy internet spergs have opinions that are literally of no consequence and you clearly just...wouldn't...get it....

You're the one that probably takes Minecraft more seriously than Kanye.

what's good ye

Waves is literally his best song tho

TLOP >>>> MBDTF >>>>> LR = CD >>> Yeezus >> Graduation >>>>>> 808s

you're white, 19, skinnyfat, a virgin, and studying something generic like computer science or business (just finished your first year).

yeah we should all listen to this cunt.

Which version? The fucking idiot kept revising that album, and it still sounds like unfinished mix of ideas. Not surprising considering the sheer amount of people that worked on it, and Ye's retarded antics making their way into his performance.

>Waves is literally his best song tho
MAN. IT'S LITERALLY CHRIS BROWN FT. KANYE, AND CHANCE WROTE HIS LYRICS.

KANYE DID, QUITE L I T E R A L L Y, NOTHING ON THAT SONG

The best Kanye Album is like saying the best thing on McDonalds dollar menu

MBDTF > Graduation > LR >= CD > Yeezus > TLOP > 808s

This is easily his most forgettable and worst album. It's Kanye trying hard to make MBDTF again but forgetting what actually made MBDTF good/interesting.

Get midlife crisis Kanye the fuck out of music/

I'm tired of this "Yeezus sounds like TMS" meme, is it an influence? Yes. But there are a variety of different styles being shown on this album and DG's influence isn't the only one.

...did you doxx me or soemthing?

All the drama around the album completely ruined the feel of it being a grand kanye album for me.

it being like a week from the original date he set
The Twitter drama
the "what should my title be"
the "what should my cover be"
the like 3-4 delay
the tidal debacle
the "blame chance my album late" because he wanted to write for waves and something else

It felt a lot less well thought out and a lot more scrambled what should we do, plus we got more insight on chance/kendrick/that other guy i forgot writing verses for him.
It really really feels like a jumbled mess. With a total of like 5 songs worthy of returning to. The wave god intermission nonsense was just there to prove a point to twitter haters

It was just an awful rollout which completely diminished any semblance of hype for me

As a pretty big Kanye fan I was disappointed with this album. Not to say it isn't good, however, it doesn't surpass the 7/10 threshold.

Someone please tell me how this album is better than Late Registration or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

I'm so fucking tired of people saying this shit is better than those albums and trying to explain it by saying "YOU DON'T GET IT! KANYE IS GOING MAD! THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT GOOD!"

Yeezus was "Kanye going mad" and he did it a hell of a lot better on that album than this. The Life of Pablo is cringe-tastic lyrics that's only backed by grandiose production. That production is really the only real selling point of it. Everything else is either shit or meh. That is not "best album" material.

This album is a fucking meme, the music videos accompanying it are most definitely fucking memes. The lyrics?
>"WHAT IF WE FUCKED RIGHT NOW ON THE TABLE IN FRONT OF THIS WHOLE PARTY!?"
>"IF I FUCK THIS MODEL AND SHE JUST BLEACHED HER ASSHOLE!"
>"I FEEL LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT OWE ME SEX! I MADE THAT BITCH FAMOUS!"
>"SOMETIMES I'M WISHIN MY DICK HAD GOPRO"
And so many other cringe lines, that are also memes.

ayy

i listened to it once and forgot about it.
It isnt memorable outside of kanyes faggot fanbase.

>most normies from age 14-25 knows every word of the record
>forgettable
maybe for you

10/10

>The Life of Pablo is cringe-tastic lyrics that's only backed by grandiose production
The production lacked the grandiose theatrical feel of Yeezus and MBDTF, only like 1 song shares that same feel

Alright then that just shows the album is even more shit. Like I said before, TLOP was Kanye trying to recreate the feel of MBDTF and Yeezus. Hell he possibly tried fusing them for this album. However he forgot what made MBDTF and Yeezus good in the first place when making TLOP

OP here.

10/10 thread guys.

MBDTF > CD > LR = YEEZUS > GRAD > TLOP=808s

this is the correct kanye rankings. anything else is wrong

It's fucking obvious