NEWSFLASH: Japan to conduct first major survey on racism

TOKYO —

Japan’s justice ministry will conduct its first large scale survey into racism in the country, a report said on Sunday, as discrimination becomes a growing social concern.

The survey will cover 18,500 foreign residents aged 18 or older, the Asahi newspaper said, adding that results would be released by the end of March and will be reflected in policy making.

The poll will be in 13 languages ranging from Japanese and English to Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Portuguese, the national daily said.

The questions will include whether the respondents have experienced or seen racial discrimination in everyday life or workplace, and what action they want the government to take to eliminate discrimination, it added.

The number of foreign residents in Japan has increased in recent years but their ratio to the total population is still low, standing at below 2.0 percent, according to justice ministry data.

No comment on the report was available from the ministry on Sunday.

A number of incidents of hate speech against specific ethnic groups on the streets or online have been reported in recent years.

These are most commonly directed at Koreans who came to Japan when the Korean peninsula was under Japanese colonial rule between 1910 and 1945, and to their offspring.

In a rare court ruling against racial discrimination, a vocal anti-Korean group was ordered in 2013 to stop a “hate speech” campaign against a Pyongyang-linked school and pay some 12 million yen in damages.

Japan’s parliament in June brought in legislation promoting efforts to eliminate discriminatory speech and behaviour against people from from outside the country.

© 2016 AFP

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_Equality_Proposal
youtube.com/watch?v=F5dChqAPsLg
youtube.com/watch?v=HWd9wgIFj-M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaitokukai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I see they are revving up for a Merkelization of Japan, there will probably be a very strong anti-racism campaign soon.
Watch as Japan artificially goes from an autistic insular country to a multicultural mess.

just look at the last two miss japan competitions

(((they))) picked the mutts. Then the winner goes on interviews telling everyone about the beauty of diversity and the dangers of racism. It's so fucking transparent.

RIP Japan

It was nice knowing you

At least now they might actually stop producing anime, and so there's an actual realistic chance that I'll be able to clear my backlog.

>he posts a news story
>no discussion
+$0.02

I trust Japs to deal with this insanity properly. If needs be I'm sure they can get organised and kill any invaders.

Honest question. Will the kikes every stop? Not even Sup Forums but fuck it's like they are not only trying to nose dive humanity into the ground but attack a fucking rocket to the falling body.

>WE WUZN'T CHINKZ N SHET

why are jap fishniggers so deluded?

>Koreans who came to Japan when the Korean peninsula was under Japanese colonial rule between 1910 and 1945

It is wrong. Those Koreans are mostly illegal refugees or illegal smugglers during Korean wars from jeju island got away from masscare from Korean army.

Civilian deaths and massacres
Further information: Bodo League massacre, Seoul National University Hospital massacre, No Gun Ri Massacre, Sinchon Massacre, Ganghwa massacre, Sancheong-Hamyang massacre, and Geochang massacre

South Korean soldiers walk among the bodies of political prisoners executed near Daejon, July 1950

Civilians killed during a night battle near Yongsan, August 1950
There were numerous atrocities and massacres of civilians throughout the Korean war committed by both the North and South Koreans. Many of them started on the first days of the war. South Korean President Syngman Rhee ordered the Bodo League massacre on 28 June,[122][329][330] beginning numerous killings of more than 100,000 suspected leftist sympathizers and their families by South Korean officials and right-wing groups.[331][3

Reminder, this is how we viewed all Japs

Feelsbadman.jpeg

The liberalization of Japan continues

"No"

>t.

So, accurate?

:^)

shut up netouyo tard
kys

>their God-Emperor Mediaevalism must be destroyed
This is proof that Americans are communists.
There's literally nothing wrong with God-Emperor Mediaevalism and we desperately need it back for our own countries.

Also, I think it's a funny cartoon.

Then you won't complain if God-Emperor decides to use your boipucci as his personal fleshlight... right?

>God-Emperor Mediaevalism
This. Who would had thought that we, Americans were the real communists.

Sup John.

>implying a divine being can be a homosexual
You are a blasphemer.

truth hurts ;^)

F

A Silly american who don't know about zainichi sect members is the ones against protesting for the US army base in Okinawa.

This guy has been arrested for violation against police in Okinawa.

Daily reminder that hate and racism is completely different.
WE do have right to hate them because they have a bunch of issues.
WE do hate them because Zainichi KOREANS are scums that we know from facts and experiences.
Racism is a discrimination of superiority you think they are Ugly or shit because of their feature or color of skin and etc, while hate is all based on true facts you have experienced or witnessed.

I hate zainichis because of my real experience. We have plenty of other zainichis such as Brazilians, Chinese, Peruvians and Pinoys.
We have no hate/ racism against them / if there is, they are much much smaller than Koreans. DO some more reserch why only Koreans are hated by the Japanese, then you will come to the same conclusion.

I heard SEALDs was Zainichi scum as well. Are there any news stories covering this?

you posting a shitty photoshopped version. this is the real one

It's not going to become like Europe and descend into fucking chaos, you fucking idiots... muslims aren't coming in by the boatload. This concerns mostly Asian immigrants, who are well-known not to fuck up things too badly around the world. Multicultural societies can work if the cultures involved aren't exact fucking opposites, like we're seeing in the West with Western culture vs. the Islamic world.

Did my research

Why are the Japanese so racist?

It's not like they can say "We're a poor country and poverty leads to ignorance etc."

It's bizarre. They're absurdly xenophobic/racist, even towards people who are essentially identical (Chinese, Korean etc.).

Many in the "Japan" category are not Japanese but Koreans. For the purposes of these sorts of statistics Zainichi Koreans are typically miscounted as Japanese.

>believing daily mail tier headlines
you do realise the vast majority of muslims are well adjusted and law abiding citizens?

there are bad muslims of course but there's bad anyone

Racism isn't ignorance. Anti-racism is ignorance.

And it's prosperity, not poverty, that causes ignorance. One cannot afford to harbour delusions when one is poor.

No my edgy friend, racism is ignorance.

Also your post kinda contradicts itself given that Japan is very prosperous yet very racist.

They got too rich too quick and old habits die hard.

It's mainly the old people who were alive during wwii keeping the current right wing party in power.

Yes

The leader of SEALDs named okuda on this picture on the right who was drinking with notorious radical zainichi sect members named shibaki tai. (pic)
His father was identified as a priest from Korean Christianity sect. In japan, if someone says to you I am christian, he/she is 99% Korean.

>racism is ignorance
t. Paki

it's a meme, not to mention the fact japan is the first country that tried to ban racial discrimination in the world
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_Equality_Proposal

>Multicultural societies can work
No they can't.
What can work is forcing in to the dominant culture people from similar cultures. But ou cannot do this with total aliens.

If you try to assimilate similar people and total aliens, then the similar people will assimilate and the aliens won't - and you wind up with dysfunctional multiculturalism.

If you don't try to assimilate anyone, you wind up with dysfunctional multiculturalism.

If you try to assimilate similar people and keep total aliens out, you maintain a healthy unified culture. This works, but it isn't multicultural.

>observing racial differences is ignorant
>ignoring racial differences is not ignorant
And I suppose water is dry and fire is cold, too.

Japan was very poor in living memory. It hasn't yet caught up to the ignorance and complacency that plagues the West, but thanks to malformed attitudes like yours, it's at risk.

Ah yes, everyone who isn't racist must belong to an ethnic minority. Air tight logic you got there.

the t.[stereotypical name] is very stale as well

This is a stupid argument to make. The purpose of such a proposal is not to affirm some fluffy universalist/humanitarian ideology (how repulsive!) but to try to gain the upper hand in international relations. At that time the agenda was considered an advantageous one for the Japanese to push - and that was all. No sensible or serious thinker really believes in or cares about such silly rubbish ideas as "racial equality".

Yes making radical generalisations about individuals based on their skin colour is definitely an informed attitude.

Except if it's Tumblr doing it about white men. Then it's just pure ignorance!!!

shut your smelly mouth you retarded netouyo

The same guy intimidating Japanese protesters showing his tattoos. Showing tatoos because he would be able to fear people because yakuzas only got tattoos like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5dChqAPsLg

>picture
It's in a football stadium. Supporters of Urawa did it. The supporters were punished.

It's funny how, to this day, we still portray WW2-era Japan as being so extremely backwards. And yet, in reality they definitely seemed to be quite an industrious people. Just the other day, I was reading some aerodynamics research published by NACA (the predecessor of NASA) in the 1930's, which was actually just the translation of original Japanese research.

I don't know about you, but when when I think "backwards medieval feudal peasant society", "aerodynamics research" certainly isn't the first thing which pops to mind.

>making radical generalisations
I never said anything about this. Generalisations have a purpose, as does radicalism, but the core of racism is to recognise, and make decisions in accordance with, the differences between races. Anti-racists wilfully ignore information that may, from time to time, be worth considering. Anti-racism is stupid and ignorant.

>le race is le skin colour le meme
Retarded.

>Except if it's Tumblr doing it about white men. Then it's just pure ignorance!!!
Who said anything about this?
Do you think teen-aged and mentally ill girls have a considered plan for society?
Anti-White ideology, and all the other destructive agenda pursued by these degenerates, can be explained by self-interest, misguided sympathy, pathology, and deception. Ignorance is only relevant at the lowest level, among the followers.

A lot of the complaints that the far left makes are at least superficially accurate (conspiracy theories are just stupid), but anyway invalid. There's nothing at all wrong with, for instance, White supremacy, patriarchy, heteronormativity, or whatever else they choose to moan about. It's the same with the communists, anarchists, etc. - they talk about class war, and there's more than a grain of truth in the idea, but they simply pick the wrong side.

>Do you think teen-aged and mentally ill girls have a considered plan for society?
No but teen-aged and mentally ill boys who are openly racist certainly do!

I love the fact that racism by whites towards others is "worth considering" but "anti-white ideology" is a "destructive agenda". How convenient :^)

The mental gymnastics you alt-right memeters will come out with to justify your own inconsistencies is always amusing.

>How convenient :^)
Now you get it. I could call an anti-White Negro an enemy but I could not call him ignorant on this basis. Only anti-White Whites, who are, of course, anti-racist, can be accused of ignorance - they are their own racial enemies. Anti-racism is an anti-White ideology and it's perfectly natural for non-Whites to promote such a thing insofar as it gives them an advantage in the struggle between races.

The fact is that Whites are, in general, essentially better than other races. We are superior physically, mentally, technologically, historically, socially and culturally. Anti-White ideology is destructive precisely because it is opposed to the superb. Whites must act to defend the White race against this.

I'm not being at all inconsistent. There is no fault, no moral wrong, in a member of a rival race promoting his own race. That there is no fault does not in any sense mean that Whites must tolerate such activity. Indeed we are remiss to do so; there is fault in permitting our rivals and enemies to act for themselves while we sit back, or worse, help them.

a racist japan is what western media want to make it out to be to cater to their viewers the vast majority of which still hold the stereotype based off of ww2 propaganda, while in reality there is literally no hate crime in japan unlike in the west.

The notion of "hate crime" is a nonsense concept.
But contrary to your claim I've seen plenty of Japanese news about so-called "hate speech".

>being a leftist cuck

Who care if they respect the law ? Everybody is required to respect it, it's not like it was a favor.

Why japanese are racists ? Because nobody tried to brainwash them into some kind of ideological idiocy.

The thing is racism follow a nearly scientifist mindset because they try to use facts, logic and science to back up their views, while on the other hand anti racist follow a nearly religious mindest because their only arguments are either the repetition of well learned slogan either some kind of incantations but they never use some kind of facts to back up their views...

Race isn't about skin color...

>I love the fact that racism by whites towards others is "worth considering" but "anti-white ideology" is a "destructive agenda". How convenient :^)

It's called minding it's own interests, you know the very basis of survival and natural selection, doing what benefit you is a very rationnal thing to do.

But who ever claimed that leftists are rational or that they are able to think logically.

The same girl on the left named Nobue Lee used a victim card at foreign press conference.
She was a queen of SM club, then she worked as an interpreter to distribute Korean related news in Yahoo Japan. It is said that most of anti Korean movement here is delivered by her. She is even hated zainichi Korean now.

youtube.com/watch?v=HWd9wgIFj-M

The japanese would rather work themselves to death (quite literally) than accept help from immigrants.

Quite soon the japanese will consist of one guy in his mid-20's working 40 different jobs 168 hours a week and his wife. A pillow with the words "I love you" hastily scribbled on it.

Your entire post is nothing more than random generalisations with no evidence to back any of it up.

Not to mention the small problem of judging an individual based on what group they happen to belong to rather than on merit. There's no evidence that for racial determinism.

>It's called minding it's own interests
Yea that's what you understand. It's in my interests to not assume every white person I meet is my friend. It's also in my interests not to assume every black person I meet is enemy.

I suppose it's very difficult for people of limited cognitive ability to judge each person they meet based on merit. Much easier to making sweeping justifications. But the easy way isn't always the correct way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaitokukai
You have this though

Japan was not a high-tech country in the 1930s. At all.

>They're absurdly xenophobic/racist, even towards people who are essentially identical (Chinese, Korean etc.).

hahaha this ignorance
It is called racism. You don't know what you are saying. You are a true racist.

reminder

>Japan was not a high-tech country in the 1930s. At all.

they made some of the most ADVANCED WARSHIPS that were superior to Royal Navy and US Navy at that time.

Japan had the technological know-how, but not access to raw materials and fuel to run it because of economic sanctions

Gaijin here. The Japanese xenophobia shit is just a meme. If Japs are xenophobic then they're too shy to express it because the only example I see are nationalists protesting and getting ignored.

However their business practices are very discriminatory. Good luck getting a bank account or a phone as a gaijin. I was straight up told 'we won't sell you a phone' twice by Au. You basically just have to keep harassing them until you get someone who isn't an asshole.

i never got shit like this

they really don't want our money that badly?

share us your experience in getting a Japanese "mansion"

>I suppose it's very difficult for people of limited cognitive ability to judge each person they meet based on merit. Much easier to making sweeping justifications. But the easy way isn't always the correct way.

In fact it's a very stupid way to act, social animals like humans fuction in packs or tribs, individuals belonging to these groups have similiar features to distinguish among each others. So when something benefit to the group it alaways benefit to the said individuals, while when something benefit to another group then it very rarely benefit to the said individuals.

The groups are a way to protect oneself from outside agressions more easily, while your kind of mentality is something like a loner mindset and it's not a very effective survival behavior since a group is superior to an individual...

By the way talking about merit when the subject is about pure gain, there is absolutly no link between a person merit and self interest, there are more to gain by helping a relative than a stranger.

Your attitude is illogical because it goes against the way a familly work

fuck AU

why didn't you go to Sofbank instead.

>random generalisations
What generalisations have I made?

>judging an individual based on what group they happen to belong to
>racial determinism
Racial characteristics are to be understood in aggregate, as means and tendencies, not as absolute. Anti-racism says not to have regard to these, either through some appeal to empty "moral" values (which we can dismiss out of hand), or because they will produce imperfect generalisations - but since we do not, and cannot, have perfect information, that sets us up for decisions that are even more ill-informed.

It is inaccurate to say that all members of some race have the average or most common traits for that race, but generalisations may anyway be useful for policy because we cannot efficiently deal with every individual detail (and sometimes individuality is entirely irrelevant); it is even more inaccurate to say that all members of two different races have the average traits for one of those races, which is essentially what you do when you say that non-Whites are equal, or should be treated equally, to Whites.

Racist policy involves the knowing use of imperfect generalisations; anti-racist policy involves the unknowing use of even more inaccurate generalisations - essentially putting one's fingers in one's ears and singing, rather than looking at the facts.

The key principle is discrimination. We should observe differences and have regard to them when making decisions. Anti-racism says to ignore racial differences. Racism says not to ignore racial differences. You claim that racism says to have regard to racial differences only - this is false. Racial discrimination is entirely compatible with other forms of discrimination.

When we can discriminate with respect to every aspect of the subject, we can make decisions on the most accurate and reliable bases. Of course we typically don't have such perfect information, but the closer we can get the better. Ignoring race is counter-productive.

A fool tricked by zainichi or a another kimerican from LA.
no wonder the guy can't show his true face
Clearly the guy holding nazi flag is a zainichi guy
attempting it to show the world with Japanese flags letting the world know how Japanese protest against Koreans is evil and demean Japanese naval flag with it.

My work got me a nice apartment. But if you want to buy your own place you basically have to buy from other gaijin or rent a jiko bukken (a house nips think is haunted because someone died inside)

Refusing immigrant is not racism, brit bro.
Our tax exist to increase our social security system.
We don't have obligation to help savages.
You should ignore SJW's voice.
That is a cry rather than an opinion.

no one can really tell apart zainichi koreans from japanese these days. it's like telling apart italians in brazil from brazilian portuguese. only way is to ask or see if they haven't adopted a japanese name or go to korean schools. it's not like everyone knows who everyone is like some medieval village

It's telling that I can't tell if this post is genuine or not

Good news, Japanese finally become more progressive.
Also, what a nice butthurt of poltards in a thread, really like it. Would pee in a mouth of every racist scum ITT. Seriously, what an idiot you should be to be a racist in 2016 when the science has proved totally no difference between races except appearance? God, what a moron you should be to mind about skin color, consider it anything serious and chimping out about it.

I went with Docomo in the end, Softbank wanted me to pay 100000 円 upfront because they won't give gaijin monthly contracts.

I've literally never been refused anything on the basis of being foreign. The only problems I ran in to were contracts with a period longer than my visa period. Are you sure that's not the trouble you had?

Other gaijin here (and south american of the caramel type too), are you fluent in Japanese though? I had no problems getting a phone, bank, or house by talking in Japanese to them while other foreigners did because they had no idea what to say. I think it's literally because Japanese are too shy to charade their way through it so they'd rather not deal with it. And then stupid SJWs see that and think OMG RACIST.

I've seen both of these posts before.

You don't need a multicultural society for many ethnicites to co exist. See NYC. Melting pot over salad bowl. I think it works in America because anyone can feel American. Maybe the whole melting pot scenario can only work in the New World.

It's even more simple than that, racism is factual and logical( self preference, use of scientific datas) while antiracism is nearly religious( moralism, repetitions of dogmas) and it doesn't even contradict anything racism say because the only goal of antiracism is to spread the holly words, racism is about gain while antiracism is about passing for a Saint

My visa is 2 years and would expire a week before the contract ends.

I also am still trying to get a debit card from Suruga or Rakuten because they arbitrarily refuse foreigners.

More pseudoscience based on evolutionary psychology. Humans acting in tribes = justification for racism. Boy oh boy.

Also, I never advocated to act as an individual. I said selecting your group based on merit rather than race. I would rather have a more qualified black person work for me than a less qualified white person.

There is no such thing as "common traits for a race" or "imperfect generalisations". You don't understand correlation/causation, confirmation bias, survivorship bias or any of the other multitude of logical fallacies that you have to commit to believe in "racial tendencies".

It's not even pseudoscience. It's straight up anti-science.

At least they accept jews in wwii?

How about Burakumin?

And if the number of foreign residents in Japan is considered low, how would you even describe the number of foreign residents in China?

>no hate against zainichi Chinese
ok

Bad trolling skill, comming from a country like Russia it have no creadibility, also science didn't proved that race doesn't exist because it's very clear that there are population specific genes and that the differences between humans are significant enough for scientists ti care about it.

By the way one could say there are barely any differences between a human and an ape...

No, John. You are the demons

t. Zofar Timur Shakashviliani

>Maybe the whole melting pot scenario can only work in the New World.

THIS
because USA, Canada and Australia are new & relatively young nations. Pretty much anyone can come in legally as long as you have high credentials and a desire to be a citizen of these countries.

melting pot will definitely not work in the Old World because of established traditions and norms. Japan is one of them.

We don't wanna be next Germany and France.

huh, i thought we would be worse

They really are putting on a show for the Olympics huh?

Okay, but how the fuck a race is such a group? Nation can be considered such a group, your class can be considers such a group. But thinking that totally different people of one skin color make up the group that worth for struggle is idiotic. What connects redneck from Louisiana marshes with Hillary Clinton? What connects Degrass Tyson with black ghetto thug?
What a moron. Your generalizations simply don't work. Stereotypes about black people in USA stem mostly from the times they were slaves or oppressed low class with no ways to live normal life, get education etc - so it produced crime etc. But now we see many famous or rich black people, middle class black people - who totally crash these stereotypes.

Why should different groups with different group interests share a government?

Pretty much spot on, yes. Earnest anti-racists are typically detached from reality. I responded with a view to the expressed preference of judging the individual on an individual basis - because of course race is a relevant part of that and so anti-racism is incompatible with making accurate individual judgements.

I don't know what to tell you. I've bought two phones and, opened two different bank accounts, and done a number of other things over there, without so much as a hint of a problem.

We can define races in a statistically informative manner. With races so defined we can observe which traits are common. Those are the common traits for a race.

We can treat a group in a particular way even though not all members of the group warrant such treatment as individual subjects. This is imperfect generalisation.

You're just throwing out random terms and saying I've committed fallacies without demonstrating any such thing. Anti-logic.

I'm not even making scientific claims. I'm telling you in general terms what is necessary for effective public policy. And you're being wilfully ignorant.

I did hear many Koreans joined the Yakuza. Probably Chinese too.

I researched it because of this thread
Why do you assume that i got influenced by a korean?
It's making me curious

It doesn't work here; you don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't look like it works over in North America, either, but I'll withhold judgement, because frankly, if you want to pollute and destroy your country, then that's your problem, not mine.

I don't know about that, Korea's having their olympics 2 years before Japan's, and I don't hear anything like that from there.

I thought Japan's more concerned with cleaning up anime and stuff.

Loser white always say "Japanese is so racist.They should be more tolerance"
Because they don't have qualification to come here. Who wants Gaijin to will be your burden ?
Japan is not economy refugee camp.
Just die in your ghetto as soon as possible.

Then you're lucky. Look it up and you'll see other gaijin saying the same thing - some places just arbitrarily refuse foreigners or accept them depending on which store they go to or which staff are in the office that day.

My corporation literally told me if I get refused a phone or bank account I should just keep going back the next day until someone says yes,

>science didn't proved that race doesn't exist because it's very clear that there are population specific genes and that the differences between humans are significant enough for scientists ti care about it.
Yes, it's true. But these differences don't affect intellectual abilities, not talking about mindset. You should learn more about anthropology.

Nice proxy, not even the Japanese are that shit at English. Tone it down next time.

>More pseudoscience based on evolutionary psychology. Humans acting in tribes = justification for racism. Boy oh boy.

The thing is evolutionnary psychologie is a branch of science, just like the fact that even childrens are very racially conscious to the point they prefer to give more toys to kids like them than to others. It's quite telling that your only way to dismiss my clamins was to tell that it was wrong while not being even to provide any kind of arguments against it...

Then as I said merit don't count when talking about social relationships, when someone will have a choice between a relative and a skilled person anybody normal will choose the relative instead of skills because trust is always more important than something as blurry as merit, a familly doesn't work arround merit for exemple and something like a familly have more evolutionnary backing than so called merit.

>we can observe which traits are common. Those are the common traits for a race.
And this is where you've just disproved your whole thesis, friend.

A group of people with a shared characteristic doing something at a higher rate doesn't mean that thing their doing is because of their shared characteristic as a group.

This is exactly what I said in the post you replied to when I mentioned you not understanding correlation/causation. You have a lot to learn if you're going to even attempt to debate these issues because you've just discredited every Sup Forumstard in the thread with this basic fallacy.

End of discussion.

That isn't how nips speak Engrish, Kevin-sama.