I-is it true America doesn't have any culture? Do you guys in other nice countries really believe that?

I-is it true America doesn't have any culture? Do you guys in other nice countries really believe that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#Finland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukeri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Agricola
twitter.com/AnonBabble

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_States

our culture is very real, and actively consumes and dominates other cultures

Culture includes way of life and customs of a particular group of people, so yeah, you have culture

Walmart can be considered culture too

Yeah you have culture but, it's so bland and used for marketing it just annoys everyone. Like with october comes halloween when our shops are filled with halloween shit which literally has nothing to do with us. I don't want to celebrate your holiday, i wan't to celebrate my own.

I mean, Americans never intentionally spread their culture... I guess multinational corporations spread it.

What's Finland's October holiday? Is it as comfy as halloween?

This. What do you think Globalization is? our culture massively overriding every other countries'.

We have rap music don't worry

"Kekri", It's already kinda fused with "halloween" and christmas as an end of the harvest celebration.

This, everyone has a culture

>Kekri tradition began to disappear with industrialization and urbanization of Finland, and many customs and traditions associated with kekri have been transferred to Christmas and the modern New Year holiday. The longest tradition remained in Eastern Finland.
>Even if today Celtic-originated Halloween has gradually begun to penetrate into the Finnish feast traditions from the United States, kekri has still held its ground. In Finland, a lot of people, however, think the Halloween celebration has turned into a commercial celebration and people may not wish to have associated it with the All Saints' Day.

Save kekri

we have the best music, so i guess that counts

Quite the opposite. You have too much of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
>it actively consumes and dominates other cultures
So much this.
People in my country would sooner recognize a cowboy gunslinger (even though they know them from Italian movies, ironically enough) than a winged hussar, because USA practically monopolized global popculture, especially after the Internet became so easily accessible. And popculture rules the masses.
Europeans can wave their fists and mumble about medieval knights an kangz an shiet, but then they go back to watching American TV, playing American games, eating American fast food, and speaking (sorry Bongs) American language.

This, muh traditions. Atleast we still have Ukonjuhla.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer#Finland

You do have some, you are just severely lacking compared to us Europeans

Does kekri happen to mean some kind of monster dude or is it just a coincidence that it sounds similar to this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukeri

opposite, our culture is so successful that American culture==global culture

But winged hussars are based. Hussars were my favorite unit in Age of Empires II

No, i doubt it has any connection. Though the one who created a written word for it. The creator of finnish written language claimed it was some god. But today it's agreed that the origin of the finnish word kekri lies in the meaning of small feast or party.

That's nice of you, but sadly an average person never heard of them.
>in Age of Empires II
Tbh they are laughably innacurately presented in that game, because they're supposedly the original light cavalry Serbian/Hungarian hussars, but they have wings like heavy cavalry PLC hussars. It's as if they implemented rifles, but gave them the looks of bazookas.
also
>"Slavs" = Muscovy + Kievan Rus
triggered
>The creator of finnish written language claimed it was some god
Intredasting, who's that creator?

So polish qts don't often wear sexy hussar costumes? ;_;

We are in civ 6. We have more culture than most Europeans

I find this to be over exaggerated t.bh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Agricola

This smug bastard.

Humans are fucking disgusting

I've never seen that in real life.