Country

>Country

>Other than Sup Forums, where do you go to discover new music ?

Been here 3 years and have not once asked Sup Forums for recs or music suggestions.

sweden

i like to randomly browse bandcamp for shit. found lotta good stuff

Not asking, but sometimes someone post something you didn't know about, and you end up listening to this

there's a lot of music posted on Sup Forums. sharethreads counts as discovery, chart threads where y ou are bound to get recs.. you know what i mean. if you can't answer ops question idk what you do on here

UK

Recs from friends and occasionally rym charts.

Canada

YouTube. I used to to listen to music through it before I discovered Sup Forums and occasionally I'll check out a song I like and just binge through the recommendations.

Ukraine

Last.fm - Similar artists
Youtube - *Genre name* compilation

France

What.cd tags/collage
YouTube playlist
Live gig
Friends
Sometims buying random disc

US

Find a song I like on the charts and listen to the album it's from and youtube music critics

Finland.

Dunno, last.fm is kinda useless nowadays and that makes me sad. Never bothered much as to dedicating time into rym, regretting that now.

New Zealand.

Lastfm and RYM.

United States

The radio station 89.3 The Current out of the Twin Cities is where I find most of my new music, plus a lot of local stuff.

Sweden

Just messing around with the RYM search engine.

America (North West)

I refuse to find any of my music via online sources, it almost feels like im cheating in a way if I do that, feels so impure, and I hardly feel like a fan of music when I allow myself that ease of access. Instead, I go to my local record shop, and spend multiple hours (I set aside a day in advance, I usually take off work) sifting through various vinyls, I typically leave with 4 or 5 albums that seem interesting that I have never heard anything about before. I rarely enjoy any of them, but every once in a blue moon I come across something amazing, and I never tell anybody, instead I just post in top 5 threads and namedrop the band. Usually has a pretty good guarantee of (You)s

Netherlands
watmm, discogs, related artists/side projects of stuff I like, youtube, facebook groups, generally just keeping a look out for references to music

Are you on the spectrum?

No? what makes you say that?

Wow look at this hipster

USA
I like to ask people around me about music and sample some of their stuff. Also at one point in the DFW area 1021 kdge had a Sunday night show called "Adventure Club" Josh Venable plaid whatever he liked more or less. I got into Guided by Voices, the Smiths, The Promise Ring, Dinosaur Jr and more. Also I like to read about the artist I find and like and see what they listened to as they grew up. I read the Ramones book and discovered lots of cool stuff.

UK
Around 2009/2010 I browsed Yahoo! Answers music section, especially the rap/hip hop section. Not sure what it's like now but at that time there was a decent community of hip hop heads and I discovered most artists I'm into from there.

Nowadays I just follow new releases of all the lesser known artists I like, as for mainstream stuff its usually pretty well anticipated by others when something new drops and I usually know about it.

finland
nowhere else, maybe from some people i follow on spotify

UK

built up a large collection of cds and lps over the years through gigs, friends and research about bands.
from there i've mostly used last.fm and spotify to broaden my library.

Ireland.

Like to see who's playing workman's and the likes

bulgaria

rym, discogs, random blogs, buying albums I'm not familiar with from record stores

>United States
>RYM, Pitchfork, All Songs Considered, /r/indieheads, /r/letstalkmusic

Poland

rateyourmusic
Sup Forums sharethreads
wikipedia
spotify
slizg.eu
live shows
last.fm
karachan.org/mu

Finland

RYM, Wikipedia, friends and Spotify. I also study music and get some recommendations from my teacher.

Brazil

tmt, p4k, tlobf, ra, fact, fader, quietus, wire magazine, the skinny, xlr8r, gorilla vs bear, dis, hilly dilly, indie shuffle, loud and quiet, cos, pma, music omh, popmatters, stereogum, npr streams, under the radar
also i check stores like juno, norman records, bleep, boomkat, amoeba

Slovakia

Pretty much the basics youtube, Fantano, Scaruffi, P4K. In my country internet radio started which is good for new rap music. Also my dad recommends stuff thats pretty much always great.

>workmans
Tá sé ar fheabhas

USA.
I see a lot of jam bands which in my opinion, is some of the most ambitious type of rock out there today (in America at least) in terms of musicianship, uniqueness, instrumentalism, etc. I go to a lot of shows in the festival circuit (fuck edm) and get exposed to good bands who put out more live shows than albums but it's good. Anyone want any recs?

Canada

RYM,
Share threads
/daily/ when I am tripped
Spotify
Last.fm
Radio
Reddit (especially /r/vaporwave)

>USA
>RYM charts, digging around spotify and bandcamp

Germany

Hanging around art major friends
Underground gigs
Some Subreddits
Spotify

Brazil

Piero Scaruffi's site

england

hipinion

United States

Sup Forums share, chart, and rec threads
Buying unfamiliar albums at record stores
Looking into artists related/connected to my favorites
DJ sets and mixes

Canada
>rym
>christagu
>tmt
>youtube

Amerika/Australia

Record stores

USA

I started out browsing the iTunes store, then I stopped using it once I had listened through most of their selection. I found a few albums entering keywords into Limewire and The Pirate Bay. I used Pandora for several years. I got a lot from Pandora, but with diminishing returns. Now I mostly look for YouTube accounts that have uploaded artists I like, and see what other artists they have uploaded. There are a couple channels in particular that have hundreds of albums on them. I recently went through muessentials.com to look for ambient music, but I don't like most of the music you people listen to.

>I recently went through muessentials.com to look for ambient music, but I don't like most of the music you people listen to.
kek, I know this feel a bit, though not ambient specifically. this place is way too focused on rock and hip hop desu

>Country
U.S.

I swear to God YT always recommends me the best shit. I found two of my 2016 Jazz AOTY's there in the recommendations column.

Czech Republic
>other than Sup Forums
I can gladly say that I've never found out about new music here on Sup Forums
it was usually from friends, Fandango and different websites
I also work in a music shop so that's another thing

>I can gladly say that I've never found out about new music here on Sup Forums
>proceeds to list Fandango
that's even worse you dip

I only listened to the smile sessions because someone wrote an awesome paragraph about it.

US
buy CD's from my local Bargain Hunt for a dollar.
each.

Argentina

RYM, friends, online genre research (Wikipedia, AllMusic, etc). Sometimes AcclaimedMusic

QUADS
U
A
D
S

Colombia

Flea Market, Last.fm, Youtube playlists, Bandcamp and Soundcloud.

well shit, I didn't even notice that. thanks for checking them user, may you be one less off in the future.

Favorite artists label
Favorite artists influences
Artists from the same city
Artist of a specific sub genre
Artist side projects or other bands they were in
Artists referenced by other artists in their music (usually rap)
Friends telling me about things

Never Pandora or anything like it that shit sucks

Chile

Last.fm
rateyourmusic
Youtube
Visualmelt mixtapes

usa

/r/vintageobscura because this board has boring basic taste

>Country
United States

youtube suggestions, venue fliers, and festivals

Chile

RYM
Wikipedia
Last.fm
other people's recs irl
Google
Pandora
sometimes I check out reviews from tnd, tmt, p4k and blogs but not that often
sometimes i go to local shows or parties featuring local bands/artists, but not often because i'm a pussy who gets panic attacks easily

formerly Spotify and Youtube too

USA

YouTube
Friends
Spotify
Websites I read (TMT, that type stuff)
Bandcamp

I take the recs of my friends more seriously than anything else

>karachan.org/mu
I wish Ylilauta was good for Finnish music, it's 90% pleb shit and worthless for actual music discovery, except for the hip-hop general, and I don't really like finnish hip-hop.

>US

I get recs from friends or browse bandcamp.

Canada

Used to use sputnikmusic.com a shit ton but not so much anymore. Nowadays mostly through youtube recommendations and random corners of the internet