Red=Great Power

Red=Great Power
Blue=Secondary Power
Green=Tertiary Power

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Powers_in_international_relations_2.png
youtu.be/K484xVHwvC8?t=105
youtu.be/mBx2Bu-jnOs?t=2997
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would replace denmark and sweden with mexico and south africa personally, but otherwise looks ok

Why is Israel a great power? It is secondary at best and even that is a stretch.

I didn't notice this but for once the canadian is right

>Aussie posting a map without Tassie
Gr8 work m8.

Australia - KEK.
Bunch of backwater Rednecks, that steal everything from Mother UK and America.

They have biggest Australium mines in the world tbqh

No European countries should be red

Also Spain, Denmark, and Sweden are literally who countries nowadays and Turkey is on par with Iran and Saudi Arabia

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Powers_in_international_relations_2.png

asia looks like the USSR would be accupating it

As long as we're better than Indonesia I'll be happy to the end of my days

Why Germany?

:D
:|
:(

North America confirmed most powerful continent.

Nothing below regional.

6 day badass

USA is bigger than just a great power, they should be a superpower,

lmao

>japan
>Great Power

FUCK NETOUYO

Is this a historical map? if so it's shit, and if it's modern it's also shit, pooland can easily take over germany and finland us

He's doing us all a service

Britain is a great power but we're in danger on losing that status if we don't increase military spending

Superpower:
America

Great power:
China
France
UK
Russia
India
Germany
Japan

Rising power
Turkey
Iran
South Korea
Poland
Saudi Arabia

Good list. However.

Your 'rising powers' South Korea and Poland have poor demographics and in Poland's case emigration which will put a ceiling on how powerful they can get. Saudi Arabia doesn't look like a rising power to me, what I see there is desperation to cling onto the power it does have in a climate of cheap oil.

I'd remove all of those from 'rising powers'. I would replace them with countries like Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico. They have better prospects imo.

Also it's debatable whether Germany and Japan are great powers.

Last time i checked (and i'm not being rude, i haven't checked in a while) South Korea is an economic powerhouse.
Poland is the biggest net recipient of EU funds, so it's being pumped with cash to provide competition to Russia.

As for the Saudis, yes, i was debating whether i should label it as a secondary power, regional power or rising power. Their time is ticking, as they are bound by their oil.
Brazil is in a bad recession, and i haven't checked up on Mexico and Indonesia in a while. IIRC Mexico's still having trouble with the drug war. (MINT, right?)
Nigeria is rising, but Boko Haram...

As for Germany, it's obviously a great power, maybe not as strong militarily as France or the UK, but it's the top dog of the EU.
Japan's just hanging in there.

>Also it's debatable whether Germany and Japan are great powers.
then britain is no more great power than germany and japan.

Who /greatpowersincethedawnoftime/ here ?

>Great power without owning nukes

Imagine when we do own them

*Hovers finger over the Chinese Nuclear Red Button*

We don't need nukes when we can politically enslave europe

>Last time i checked (and i'm not being rude, i haven't checked in a while) South Korea is an economic powerhouse.
Very true, but my issue is with the "rising" part. If you look at the demographics (pic related) then you can see the problem. The pyramid for Japan and Germany also looks something like this. Economic growth will suffer if the ratio of old people to young people is too high. So I think South Korea is peaking.

>Poland is the biggest net recipient of EU funds, so it's being pumped with cash to provide competition to Russia.
Yeah but EU money is a tiny % of Polish GDP. The emigration and brain drain from Poland to other European countries is more important than that.

>Brazil is in a bad recession, and i haven't checked up on Mexico and Indonesia in a while. IIRC Mexico's still having trouble with the drug war. (MINT, right?)
Yeah. Basically those MINT countries are all kinda shit atm, but for me they have more potential. Brazil's recession is a temporary thing whereas South Korea's demographic problem is structural, if you see what I mean.

>As for Germany, it's obviously a great power, maybe not as strong militarily as France or the UK, but it's the top dog of the EU.
I suppose it depends how you classify a great power. Germany doesn't have its own nuclear weapons and it doesn't have a permanent seat on the UN security council. It also doesn't have the same global presence as some of those great powers.

>then britain is no more great power than germany and japan.
See last paragraph above.

Britain has submarine-launched (i.e. first-strike resistant) nuclear weapons, a veto on the UNSC P5, and its military is global rather than regional like Japan and Germany. For me there has to be a strong global footprint in order to be a great power.

>Britain has submarine-launched (i.e. first-strike resistant) nuclear weapons,
having nukes is fucking easy for countries like japan and germany, so it doesn't really matter.
both can have nukes within a week or so if necessary, they are also known for top-notch submarine tech.
plus britain's nuke is american, not a completely independent system, anyway.

>a veto on the UNSC P5,
while japan and germany have more powerful all-around industries and economies, which are what really matter in a real war.

>and its military is global rather than regional like Japan and Germany.
no matter how "global" it is, a couple of meme carriers can't do much.

>For me there has to be a strong global footprint in order to be a great power.
then i'd say britain lacks an essential capability to be a great power: america, russia, japan, china, france and india have their
own independent space transport systems to make it possible for them to deploy their stuff in space by themselves, while britain not.
it's the real global deployment capability.

>having nukes is fucking easy for countries like japan and germany, so it doesn't really matter.
Nope, it's not easy to develop the delivery systems, only the warheads.

>both can have nukes within a week or so if necessary, they are also known for top-notch submarine tech.
Rubbish. Japan and Germany have absolutely no experience building nuclear-powered submarines. You've never ever built one, not even an SSN. You can't pretend all submarines are the same and your submarines are remotely like the ones needed to launch nukes. They're not.

>plus britain's nuke is american, not a completely independent system, anyway.
Our actual nukes are made in Britain. The missile are from America, but our use of them is completely independent by treaty.

>while japan and germany have more powerful all-around industries and economies, which are what really matter in a real war.
You have a "more powerful" economy, how did you come to that conclusion? Was it the no growth for 20 years?

>no matter how "global" it is, a couple of meme carriers can't do much.
Apart from project air power around the world without relying on airbases in foreign countries, which is something Japan can't do.

> independent space transport systems
Eh you're clutching at straws here. In any case, we're going to have our own spaceport in a few years.

If you disagree you're arseblasted

If you don't have at least one (preferably two) aircraft carriers with a ramp, then you're not a great power.

>Germany
>great power
>muh soft power
>can't even get Greeks to pay denbts or protect their own borders

>uk has less aircraft carriers than thailand

Soon.

>Australia
>brazil
I think no

>yfw no f35b for your ramp carrier

> less aircraft carriers

fewer*

People do use colloquial speech John Oliver.

Superpower
USA
Great power
France UK Germany China russia japan
Regional power
India australia south korea turkey brazil and mexico
The end

Peru

are we speaking only about militaty power?
because spanish army is pretty much better than australia one, desu.
and sweeden army is literally irrelevant, monaco army tier.

Central America is North Americ you dumb fucking leaf

guessing you are one step up from monaco then?
great achievment

>Pakistan
>power

>Nope, it's not easy to develop the delivery systems,
for common countries, but it's pretty easy for japan as we constantly deliver non-warhead stuff to the ISS, asteroids and other celestial bodies :D
by the way, the white stuff in pic related is the SRB-A for japan's primary launch system, which is pretty similar to a typical SLBM in size, fuel-type and capacity.

>Japan and Germany have absolutely no experience building nuclear-powered submarines.
japan does have experience on nuclear-powered ship (the movie is about decommissioning the reactor of a retired ship), and actually nuclear powered subs are not that different from conventional ones if you have nuclear tech, in which japan is top-notch as well :D
youtu.be/K484xVHwvC8?t=105
also, submarine launched nuclear deterrence stems from IJN I-400 class in the first place. building a SSBN is not so difficult for japan.
youtu.be/mBx2Bu-jnOs?t=2997

>You have a "more powerful" economy, how did you come to that conclusion? Was it the no growth for 20 years?
japan had a HYPER economy 20 years ago and is still the 3rd largest economy greater than britain's. also admittedly the population is aging but the composition of the country is way more monolithic than britain's.

>Apart from project air power around the world without relying on airbases in foreign countries, which is something Japan can't do.
you don't have to meddle in shitholes to be a great power though, and in case of a real war, japan will build super carriers anyway.

>we're going to have our own spaceport in a few years.
good luck ;^)

>Unironically using gfp ranks

The same webpage that ranks north koreas navy as the best in the world

Wew

>Sweden

Hmmm according to wiki ranking and gfp we're quite stronk.

Maybe I got something wrong.

>egypt is a tertiary power
>argentina isnt

Nuclear-powered subs are very different from conventional ones. It's probably the hardest vehicle in the world to build. If you think Japan can do that easily then good luck with that! I'd be impressed to see it.

>japan had a HYPER economy 20 years ago
It had a bubble which burst

>is still the 3rd largest economy greater than britain's
Purely because of a larger population, which won't be the case forever due to your demographics. You're already behind us on GDP per capita.

>you don't have to meddle in shitholes to be a great power though
That's right, but you need the capability to meddle in shitholes or fight 'peer enemies' if you have to. Japan can only do that in its region.

All top ten economies are secondary powers at least. China and US should be considered the only true great powers.

nice digits and good list. would alter a couple of things though:

>Superpower:
America

>Great power:
China
France
UK
Russia
India
Germany
Japan

>Regional Powers
Turkey
India
Brazil
Iran
Israel
Saudi Arabia
Indonesia
Australia

Reminder that if your country doesnt have a carrier group with an AEGIS scort its basically a non country

you are reading it wrong, its not best navy in the world.
It's the BIGGEST(amount of vessels) navy in the world.
And it probably has to do with all NK ships being military vessels.

Then again, your army is better suited for a regional power style, ours is merely developed for in depth defense and guerilla warfare after being conquered.

Looks like Poland is a regional/great power if we look at military because we're higher than some countries you people listed in a lot of rankings :)

regional is relative. Australia and Indonesia aren't that big a deal globally, but relatively to their neighbours is a different story. You've got the unfortunate position of being right next to a whole bunch of great powers. Lessens your relative regional influence

So if we're higher in a military ranking than germany that makes who the great power? I'm trying to understand how you think because it smell like memes.

its not all military. Germany has economic and political influence that more than makes up for the military gap

AEGIS is used by countries that are the most dependent on the US military. Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc. It's an American system.

Royal Navy has its own system called Sea Viper which is pretty damn good

>good luck ;^)

Soon.

Type 45 are pretty cool too, and once the QE enters service your navy would be great again

>and once the QE enters service your navy would be great again

I wish, but no. We need more regular warships for the navy to great again. New aircraft carriers are necessary for the regeneration of the navy but they're only 1 ingredient of many.

>implying the qt f-35b's won't automatically make it great

Nah, it would be great, nowadays most navies are a bit shitty. I think that a bigger surface attack ship with a bigger vls cell would be nice for your navy but still, your power projection is good and you even have nuclear powered submarines (aren't you also developing some new ones?)

>Nah, it would be great, nowadays most navies are a bit shitty.
The Royal Navy isn't 'most navies' so I judge it to a different standard, expect better than what we have now.

>I think that a bigger surface attack ship with a bigger vls cell would be nice for your navy but still, your power projection is good and you even have nuclear powered submarines (aren't you also developing some new ones?)

Our main issue is numbers imo not ship firepower. We're developing the next generation of SSBNs but they're just replacing the older generation. What we need is more frigates, destroyers and attack subs.

>Nuclear-powered subs are very different from conventional ones. It's probably the hardest vehicle in the world to build.
in reality even china builds them on their own :D

>Purely because of a larger population, which won't be the case forever due to your demographics. You're already behind us on GDP per capita.
not really. britain is barely better than japan recent years due to depreciation of yen caused by massive QE, which changed the tide in the early 2016. if you measure it by current price, per capita are almost the same, and generally speaking it's easier for a smaller population to have a higher per capita than for a larger population to do, you know. also it's worth mentioning that, for red tape reason, japan's GDP is still measured by the SNA1993 criteria, while most countries including britain are already by newer SNA2008, which makes advanced economies' GDP look larger due to some changes in accounting method. japan is to conform to SNA 2008 next year and its GDP is going to be bigger by several percent automatically.

>Japan can only do that in its region.
of course, japan is a pacifist great power :^)

central america is just central america you dumb fucking leaf

>according to wiki ranking
You should visit our page

>in reality even china builds them on their own :D
Yes, they've been at it for several decades and put loads of effort into it because they know how important it is to have SSBNs

If you're measuring GDP in current USD then you should overtake us for a while anyway, because of our currency devaluation

But if you look at actual GDP growth then Japan's going to find it hard to stay ahead in long term because you're growing so much more slowly

>funland navy
>8th

top KEK.

Tbh Israel should be upgraded to a regional power. Any country that possesses nukes exerts huge influence on the regional balance of power. But given their close and almost unconditional relationship with the US, it would be a safe bet to designate them a great power.

>Italy
>Great power
Pick one

lol 7th economy in the world

Russians are subhumans reeeeee
USA could conquer russia in 1 week.

Why you conquer us tho? No burgers here.

Oil abd war on russian terrorists

>having nukes is fucking easy for countries like japan and germany, so it doesn't really matter.
There's a reason you guys don't have nukes.
[spoiler]America[/spoiler]

> canada

wewing everytime

Superpower:
USA

Rising rival superpower:
China

Great Powers:
Japan (since 2012)
UK
France
Russia

Rising Great Powers:
India
Brazil

Regional Powers:
Mexico
South Africa
Australia
Saudi Arabia

Rising Regional Powers:
Ethiopia
Nigeria
Iran
Argentina
Indonesia

Japan (Great Power), Germany (Great Power), Saudi Arabia (Regional Power), Brazil (Rising Regional Power) are all in the midst of falling down in the rankings. But including that would be confusing.

Why since 2012?