Worst fanbases thread

which artists have the worst fanbases, inside or outside of Sup Forums. I may as well get what is obviously the worst one out of the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0LVTbltWLI
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=HweaxUT43Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't stand grimes but her fanbase is quite devoted desu...

yeah? and i think we can all agree that they're the worst thing ever? do you know what the point of the thread is?

this
/thread

i like grimes

why is this bad

Juggalos no duh

these are worst inside Sup Forums outside there're even worse ones

grimes
dg
mac demarco
kendrick lamar
kanye west
hopsin
logic
jcole
father john misty
tool
aphex twin

all of them start personally attacking you the moment you don't like their artist.

mastodon and anything like this that is just accessible enough to be discovered by pitchfork's hip fanbase

kanye west

thrash metal

FUCKING THIS

I love DG, but they're fanbase is one of the most insufferable things on the fucking planet. not worse than grimes or some other ones but still pretty bad.

my nominations go to:

Any IDM band/artist
Kanye West
Joanna Newsom
Twenty One Pilots

>they're fanbase is one of the most insufferable things on the fucking planet. not worse than grimes or some other ones but still pretty bad.
literally how

>worst
>not 21p

Do... such horrors can not still exist correct?

honestly I think it's equally as bad as Grimes'

Hey at least with everyone else their fan side only comes out when you mention the artist.

Fucking this and any band on the Warped Tour. DG and Grimes are bad, but fans of bands like this are 1000x worse.

Drake and 21 Pilots

so fucking true.
Probably so sadly enough.

Is it because DG is just a meme to most fans?

Do you make 20 threads a day about her, most of which are waifu shit, and bring her up in every single other fucking thread in the catalog, and do you personally attack people who don't like her?

or

do you just keep to yourself and enjoy her music?

because i personally fall into the second category, which is okay, but people in the first are worse than the k-pop people.

are there any good fanbases?

>Death Grips
Most pretentious fans in all of Hip Hop
>Swans
>Twenty One Pilots
Corniest motherfuckers alive love this band
>Kendrick Lamar
They love to act like he is god's gift to earth, best of all time, you hear those bars???? Yeah but that album isn't as deep as TPAB... Okay these guys might be worse than DG fans..

ya they're all underage people that love to make memes of their favorite artist, effectively ruining it for everyone.

>Is it because DG is just a meme to most fans?
yes, these autistic jerks are disgusting, no better than waifufags

>swans
i think you just mean new swans fans. the ones that discovered the band in the last 6-12 months and think they literally have the best taste in music because of it.

neo-swans fans are the worst, actual swans fans and so bad, though their still are some pretty shitty ones.

neo-swans fans are the mots pretentious people on the planet, they think they are music masters, cuase they listened to The Seer and TBK.

they went to the black parade and never came back though.. so how would they still have a fandom?

definitely the latter, its honestly sad to see her not appreciated for her music (which is fucking excellent by the way)

hi5 bro.
(this was me )

>They love to act like he is god's gift to earth
fucking kek

His fanbase is mostly women and psuedo-arty teenagers

Doors fans are so insufferable
Anybody who actually thinks Morrison's voice is "charismatic" is an idiot or a closet faggot

pic related met so many kids at my uni who the strokes are the pinnacle of rock music

Queen
Foo Fighters
Arctic Monkeys

I can't believe these haven't been said yet.

>foo fighters

never had a problem with a foo fighters fan in my life, what do they do>?

pic related their fanbase is mostly wiggers

edgy teen wiggers

The Grimes dailies are giving me cancer

This

joji hahaha

>Twenty One Pilots
Agreed. Their fanbase is the worst kind of cancer.

Any male that is not gay that claims to unironically like Taylor Swift.

Claim that Dave Grohl is the savior of rock music, and will never shut the hell up about him (my old drummer was like this). Also, they only listen to the hits. Not really as cancerous as Queen though, also I actually like the foo fighters even if they are pretty much buttrock now.

see

My favorite artists tend to have the worst fanbases.

I am not sure what this says about me.

I love Nujabes with all my heart but by golly his fanbase is cringey. Maybe just YouTube but still. I blame Samurai Champloo

I wonder how many of them have actually listened to swan's older material

This. I will say though, I still like Frank Ocean and Earl Sweatshirt.

>Do you make 20 threads a day about her,
There were never more than 6 threads about her (usually one or two), except when Art Angels was released.

>most of which are waifu shit,
False. Check out the current general: Barely 50 pics (most of them with comments attached) from 300 replies.

>and bring her up in every single other fucking thread in the catalog,
So are Radiohead, DG, Kanye and other popular artists. Do you have a problem with that?

>and do you personally attack people who don't like her?
Who just don't like her OR who insult her and her fanbase? There's a difference, dude. You're shitposting in her threads, don't expect to get congrats for that. If you wouldn't have the diplomacy of a barbarian, no one would personally attack you, except maybe some autists.

Any and every hip-hop artist.

Because you're dumb enough for not knowing how to filter them.

He's good but not on the incredible level they raise him up to. It's like they didn't take the time to discover any similar music and just follow him because japanese/anime

>defending his disgusting waifu this much
this is embarrassing dude

>ad hominem attacks @ Grimes when your mind can't make a decent argument
Embarrassing. Attack the music (with arguments), not the person.

You're the reason why you find the Grimes fans annoying. They can't stand your shit and react with your own weapons.

After scrolling through the catalog I saw four threads dedicated to talking about grimes. You people will not shut up about her. That alone is unbearable, and that is fucking normal for you people, Radiohead, DG, Swans, and AnCo, fans never do this, unless a new album is coming out, and that deist even happen to Swans. I see hear more discussed here than "mu-core." And half the threads I see about her are just discussing her looks. It's pathetic, and clogs up he catalog with shit. People only listen to her because the think she's attractive, I've been in grimes generals a few times and I would definitely not call it music discussion, also what is there to fucking discuss? She's released like 3 albums and yet theirs a thread every single day, so there's nothing to really discussion

Radiohead, DG, Swans, and AnCo dans can be annoying but they stick to their generals, and don't clog up he catalog with just they're favorite artist. Plus they dont attack people who aren't fans of theyre favorite artists. At least not as much as Grimes fans.

I will admit Kanye fans are really annoying and do, do some of this. But it's not nearly as bad.

I really don't know what to say to you, people like you just deny the reality of the website.

Grimes is terrible as a person though...

edgy
This album was the final step in gentrifying rock music
I agree even as a person who finds Tyler's output to be consistently enjoyable

Hey, it's this asshole again
I wish you were a tripfag so I could filter you

>After scrolling through the catalog I saw four threads dedicated to talking about grimes.
4 < 20. And one of them is exactly this thread.

>You people will not shut up about her.
Yes. She's an interesting artist. Check out her profile to see why people care so much about her: >That alone is unbearable, and that is fucking normal for you people
(You)

>Radiohead, DG, Swans, and AnCo, fans never do this, unless a new album is coming out, and that deist even happen to Swans
lmao. Are you sure you visited this board?

>I see hear more discussed here than "mu-core."
Because >and clogs up he catalog with shit.
4 threads clogs up a whole catalog? If you say so...

>People only listen to her because the think she's attractive,
Do people listen to her attractive image? No. They listen to her music. Scarlett Johansson is super attractive and did some music, but nobody talks about her. Your point is invalid.

Not forgetting the fact that many find her disgusting. I can't count how many times I've seen her insulted (goblin, monster, troll, and so on).

>I've been in grimes generals a few times and I would definitely not call it music discussion, also what is there to fucking discuss? She's released like 3 albums and yet theirs a thread every single day, so there's nothing to really discussion
She released 4 albums, 1 EP and lots of extra songs. There's quite a lot to discuss. And talking about the artist himself/herself it's still music discussion.

>Plus they dont attack people who aren't fans of theyre favorite artists.
Are you sure? You're delusional.

If you have a problem with the Grimes fans, just ignore them. You can't win the war if you attack them.

>implying you're not the asshole

Seriously?
youtube.com/watch?v=J0LVTbltWLI

It's probably Grimes making all those replies. I mean, who the fuck else would get so defensive about someone they don't even know, won't ever know, that will never care about them or even know who they are?

Jesus Christ there is so much wrong with this, I'll just respond to the main things that pissed me off.

>4>20 and one of this thread

Do you know what fucking hyperbole is? Also that was just at one fucking time of the day, I'm sure there's been more and will be more, plus when I checked it was 4 excluding this thread, this thread wasn't supposed to be dedicated to grimes, until grimes fans came and hijacked it like they do with every (remember I'm being hyperbolic here, I know you have trouble with that.) thread in the past few months.

>interesting artist, never shutting up about her
She's okay, I like her music but she isn't the end all be all of music, so could you try discussing someone or something else please? At least until her next album comes out please?

>Swans Radiohead and DG fans never do this
Yes check the catalog right now there will probably only be one or two threads or less for each of these artist plus these fans are not Beale as defenise as Grimes fans who will never shut up if you dare critics her, like what your doing right now.

>only listen to her because she s attractive
If this ain't true than why are her looks discussed more in her threads than her music?

>4 albums 1 ep and few songs
AND THIS WARRANTS +4 THREADS A DAY!? Are you insane!? Wouldn't that get old after a week!? It's been going on for months. Most of her fans don't participate in her threads because their discussing her music.

Some fans of other artist can be defenise and fanatical, but Grimes fans are notorious for this, and for a good reason.

That was supposed to be 4

Nobody gives a shit about Grimes except for a few stupid autists on this board. The ugly tumblrina looking bitch didn't even get 15 minutes of fame. She just plopped some shit out, got a lukewarm response from the public, then signed to a shitty British label that plops out all kinds of psedo artistic garbage that has the shelf life of milk. Sure, she might be able to get festival gigs but she'll never be a headliner. Nobody gives that much of a fuck.

Grimes looks like the female Jim Varney

K-POP
None of you creeptards are in for the music

Kanye West fans are objectively the worst

Speaking as someone who doesn't hate Grimes/her fan base or really anyone of the other artists/fan bases mentioned, I just wanted to let you all know how much fun it is reading through this thread.
Aye Harambe.

1/2

>Do you know what fucking hyperbole is?
Yes. But from 4 to 20 it's a fucking big range. It's 5 times bigger.

>She's okay, I like her music but she isn't the end all be all of music, so could you try discussing someone or something else please? At least until her next album comes out please?
She isn't the end of all music, but you can't deny her music isn't one of the most interesting and relevant that was released this decade. You can't shut people's mouths.

>Swans Radiohead and DG fans never do this
>Yes check the catalog right now there will probably only be one or two threads or less for each of these artist plus these fans are not Beale as defenise as Grimes fans who will never shut up if you dare critics her, like what your doing right now.
Same logic as with the Grimes threads. They vary. Now there are few, but maybe tomorrow there will be 10.

>only listen to her because she s attractive
>If this ain't true than why are her looks discussed more in her threads than her music?
Those that discuss her look than her music aren't real fans. To answer your question: it happens to EVERY female artist on Sup Forums, a board full of males (if some of them could be called like that). Even with the legends such as Kate Bush and Bjork. Grimes is no different.

This thread is pointless. I can pick any popular musician ever and say "they have such an annoying fanbase!" Anyone who passionately likes a band will go to all ends to talk about them, shitpost, and get mad at you when you say you don't like them.

That's pretty lame, but shitting on them is also lame because you're just pointing out they exist.

Say you're a swans fan, love most their records, and someone says "man all their songs are like 8 minutes long and it's all the same", aren't you going to get mad? The difference is being a dick about it and not being a dick.

2/2

>4 albums 1 ep and few songs
>AND THIS WARRANTS +4 THREADS A DAY!? Are you insane!? Wouldn't that get old after a week!? It's been going on for months. Most of her fans don't participate in her threads because their discussing her music.
There are bands with fewer releases that were discussed a lot (not as much as Grimes, but still; e.g. Slint). The quantity is no more important than quality.

There is so much discussion because there are lots of shitposters and trolls (they keep bumping the threads all the time) and because there's always something to discuss about her, no matter how insignifiant it may be: a new or old interview, picture, video, tweet, song, story, whatever.

>Some fans of other artist can be defenise and fanatical, but Grimes fans are notorious for this, and for a good reason.
Because they're attacked all the time. The shitposters and trolls always try to derail the Grimes threads and these fans have a reputation of trolling the trolls. I bet these fans are chill irl, but on Sup Forums it's a bloody jungle: you have to be tough.

But if you exclude the shitposters and trolls, these threads are quite comfy. Some say they're the best thing on Sup Forums.

found the annoying fan

>that's pretty lame.
"Found the fan!"

Awesome Philosophy bro.

You're kinda missing the point. Fans of specific artists fit specific stereotypes. It's fun to point them out and complain about them. Especially on a board where that's what 95% of the discussion is about. I remember coming here once before an Animal Collective album was about to come out, it was fucking terrible. There are plenty of insufferable faggots on this board and it's fun to blow off some steam and bitch about them sometimes. You sound like no fun at all. Maybe reddit is more your speed.

>you're no fun
I'll have you know that one time I beat the Capra demon in dark souls on my first ever try

This is obvious shitposting but I must point out an obvious error:

>got a lukewarm response from the public
Maybe you should take a look at her reviews and at what other people think about her. For an indie artist she's pretty known.

And for the rest of the message, you make me puke, retard.

Reviewers are a bunch of hipster faggots. Occasionally they are right but they like tacky shit that is marketed to their demographic for the most part.

Kpop fans are way worse than Grimes fans

If reviewers (who are supposed to know about music) aren't good to you, how could you prove that an artist is great or bad? Just because you say so?

The Grimes fans are actually nice. See /r/Grimes as a proof. On Sup Forums it's different because they're insulted all the time, so they retaliate.

Personal opinion is best, yes. Doesn't mean I expect you to share mine, but the shit is totally subjective. Reviewers are getting worse and worse these days. Either they want to claim to like everything from popular artists in order to appear like they're in the loop or they want to put out "controversial" reviews for attention whoring clickbait purposes.

This era is shit.

But what about when an artist gets lots of positive reviews (the consensus is positive)? Are all those reviewers wrong?

>Personal opinion is best, yes.
Unfortunately no one gives a damn about someone else's opinions. At least the reviewers are supposed to be neutral.

I can't really consider anyone's review neutral. Everyone has some kind of bias. If you put something like Grimes in front of me I'm going to call it shit. I don't like that shit. I never will.

I read reviews of music sometimes, but I pay attention to more than just a score or how positive they were throughout, I see if they liked the same songs I did. If they did I check that reviewers other reviews. If it's apparent that our tastes match up I tend to pay more attention to them and they have more credibility in my eyes.

> If you put something like Grimes in front of me I'm going to call it shit. I don't like that shit. I never will.
Don't be so sure. I know some folks that went from hating her to big fans. You just didn't get her music yet.

I listened to it. I didn't like it. I am listening to it now. It sounds like it belongs in a Honda commercial.

> J .cole
Fucking this.This one female got extremely mad when i said i dont like J.cole and would rather prefer Earl Sweatshirt than him

What song / album do you listen? Her music is pretty different from album to album.

What about anti-fanbases? People who hate specific artists and you find that group just annoying. I'd say that people who hate the Beatles tend to be annoying, special snowflake, attention whores who always have to talk about how much they hate the Beatles. I don't mean people who don't particularly care for the Beatles or find their music overrated, I mean people who really hate the Beatles. They tend to be irritating and pretentious.

Your post is retarded but nice quads

False

this

youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
Dude, you must have some pretty creepy Honda dealers in your neighborhood.

I listened to California because it was the first thing on youtube. I'm going to sit here and listen to Grimes now because it makes me think about how much I dislike this music instead of how hot my room is and how I don't have an air conditioner.

That's too upbeat to be creepy. It sucks. It might be cool if it was actually like you know, creepy. Like an Ennio Morricone horror movie sound track. Like if she'd moan into the microphone instead of that annoying singing.

Dude, you're listening to Art Angels, the wrong album for your taste (probably). btw, California is the worst song on that album. Listen to her first 3 albums Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions + the EP Darkbloom.

Here are 4 solid songs of hers:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=HweaxUT43Jc

And this one from Art Angels:
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA