Music scenes in our city

ITT: We describe our music scene(s) where we live

>San Diego
We have the metalcore scene with garbage bands that literally have no substance at all. Not even joking I was at this concert (my last out of 2) and it was a battle of the bands, I left when the third band started, it was out of 8 or so. One of the bands had 3 guitarists and no bassist. Also it was nothing but breakdowns, not exaggerating.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NcfON7U6rI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Portland OR
Everyone is a faggot Bob Dylan and then everyone else is a DJ that simply plays shit that is on the radio.

Do not come to Portland.

It's a wasteland of open mics, and cover bands playing Freebird and I Shot the Sheriff. You would think you're in southeast Asia.

Any community involving artists with original music was ruined by attention whores who tried to prematurely pop off on the blogsphere and landed themselves in numerous tumblr-related scandals so that no one gives us a second glance nowadays.

Guess where i am.

>El Paso
Some Garage and Punk bands, typical generic scene. A bunch of people are huge on that PLUR EDM scene. Some cool house/techno dj's but not really prevalant or bringing anything new.

Colorado or Washington

No but those are both good guesses.

>Manila, I'm including Makati, and other neighboring cities

TV and movie actors are forced to put out 6 song albums of sterile pop.

Mainstream media is hopelessly clinging on to the songs my country made before.

There's an "indie" scene, but everything os painfully generic. Some are blatantly ripping off The Strokes, some are biting Pink Floyd, some are just "artsy"

Rap is fucking hopeless here

>hickory north carolina
It's a town of 40k people. There's no real scenes to speak of.

Have you guys ever heard music from Washington?

Maybe, idk, why

Well I'm just kinda glad we have tide/edit, but what's with all the bands that try to inject mathy shit into their sound? Doesn't work a lot of times, they just end up sounding like jerky, wonky indie rock.

Youre forgetting a good thousand good black metal bands and stuff

we have some concerts I guess, we only have 250,000 people here, so not a whole lot goes on

Isn't STRFKR from Portland? also i'm going there in a couple weeks :^)

San Francisco is a billion lo-fi indie pop solo acts, a million death metal bands who don't shower, and the occasional hardcore punks that nobody in Oakland would book.

>living in Portland
>not being into the blackened-folk scene

tide/edit is just a few degrees above okay for me

It makes them seem so sophisticated, and literally borrowing from Pink Floyd. Or just searched a few scales on the internet.

Mga mukhang kupal naman. It'll only get worse, now that this generation of college freshmen onwards are dickriding the indie trend

>Shitty metalcore / Djent bands
>Punk bands trying to be Saves The Day rip offs
>Awful cholo rap
>Terrible local DJ's who try to imitate the popular EDM sound

Fuck the music scene out here sucks.

This is the only good hip-hop to come out this musically devoid city.

youtube.com/watch?v=NcfON7U6rI4

Does the punk scene out there look up to At The Drive In in any ways? What famous artists have ever come out of El Paso except them, literally the only post-hardcore band I know from there that got big.

Lowell Ma.

Mostly just shitty post hardcore and Pop Punk. A little bit of hip hop that all bites off Joey Badass

Does anyone know anything about Toronto's music scene? I don't pay much attention to the world around me.

>west texas
Unless you like generic metalcore and the umpteenth blues rock group you will be very disappointed

Everything about San Diego is so mild and lame

Sadly, not really. The guy behind cigarettes after sex is from el paso. There this one dollar store version of ariel pink called part time who is from here that everyone here loves for some reason. A band called holy wave received a little of attention but they are based in austin, they were gonna play in levitation this year but that got cancelled.

Scene is a bit dead around here. In my yooth it was metalcore and that shit, but places closed down and now it's just pub cover bands which are the absolute worst. I'll have an aneurism if I hear Summer of '69 again. Head out to city and things get a bit better. Metalcore is still alive and well like it was 2004, but there's a decent mix stuff dotted about the place.

I travel to London for work a lot where there are too many gigs to go to and you end up at an Icelandic-pop night on a Tuesday in Stoke Newington and it is the best apart from the beer price.