Good musician or just another pretty face?

Good musician or just another pretty face?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Almost_raped
youtube.com/watch?v=TjXZrzmdnAE
youtube.com/watch?v=dU0iyBsdxCA
youtube.com/watch?v=z1JIEY34hv8
youtube.com/watch?v=axi9JTnGJPw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ipCKIxdHTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>pretty face

kek

encyclopediadramatica.se/Almost_raped

>implications

90's Tori is qt.

Idk if shes a good musician, but she is definitely not "another pretty face"

But she has to have a pretty face first.

honestly who is that? she looks kinda like felicia day or gray, whatever her name is

Incredibly talented, but an insufferable narcisist

She is responsable for lyrics like "so you can make me cum that doesnt make you Jesus" . Brilliant.
But then she goes around and says "My music is heavier than any metal band out there"

Really. you don't know who Tori Amos is.?

youtube.com/watch?v=TjXZrzmdnAE

She made us all cum back in the 90s...

all artists are pricks. the art has to speak for itself

her fanbase in the 90's was more devoted then any other. She had more websites devoted to her at the time then any thing else on the web.

The problem with narcisism is, artists start to believe their own myth. Then they start putting out substandar things

Strange little girls which was awful. "Im taking all these mysoginistic songs and turning them around froma female POV.
That must be the most pretentious concept album ever. And this from me, a guy who to this day still thinks "Yes, Anastasia" is one of the best songs ever recorded

i mean, her cover of "Angie" is , to me, even better than the original. But her version of "Happyness is a war gun" is pointless. What was she trying to accomplish? That she could be a pretentious bore too?

sounds like you have a problem with her, not the music. SLG was a little poppy for my tastes but decent. Having a kid changes you man. Just look at the recent Sturgill Simpson album. He recorded a whole album for his son because he was scared for him, scared about the world he was leaving for him, scared about becoming an absent father. Tori reacted just as strongely. But you don't see anyone giving Sturgill shit about it. But when a mom gets defensive and protective and chooses to express herself through a song cycle of mildly misogynistic songs all written by men as sung from the point of view of the women being shit on in their songs then it's problematic. also remember, she was playing characters. She was extrapolating and setting scenes. She didn't nail every song but the Eminem cover and The Slayer cover are particularly well rendered and spot on.

SLG was exactly what i mean by her narcisism getting in the way with her art.

Reing in blood is a satanic song, it had nothing of misogynistic on it. Also, Only women bleed was actually a pro-feminist song, there is nothing misogynistic on it.

As i said, she is incredibly talented, but when you are tryng to make an statement , being political, religious or pro-feminist via your art you neeed to have a coherence on it.

I agree, putting too much attention on the artist and not the art itself is a wrong way to approach things - but in this case Tori herself has been very vocal about her her opinions - which is great, but sometimes come out as a bit too full of herself - Like saying that Playboy mommy was better than Alanis Morrisette 's You oughtta know

I have nothing against arrogance on artists. Mick Jagger wouldnt have come this far had he been a timid guy. Chuck Berry wouldnt have made an impact if he was a meek person. Bjork is sometimes too confident for her own good on her music

But there is always the problem of how people perceives you, and a lot has to do with what a public figure says, and yes, Tori sometimes minces no words. Which i have found sometimes a bit too much

I liked Scarlet's Walk much better then SLG.
It was more a return to her roots in my opinion. .

youtube.com/watch?v=dU0iyBsdxCA

Taxi Ride is among my top 5 Tori's songs

I was such a fan in 90's I don't know that I can actually pick 5 favorite songs. I also had the extreme please of seeing her live 3 times starting with the Dew Drop Inn tour. (8 Plugged Tour, and the 5/1/2 weeks Tour where she shared headlining with Alanis Morrisette. Those shows were amazing.

extreme pleasure

A Tori Amos thread? That's unusal.

Both, If you only count the 90's.

>But then she goes around and says "My music is heavier than any metal band out there"
She is right, sorta. Have you heard the songs on boys for pele?

>insufferable narcisist
I agree with this but I don't mind that.

I really hate this record. And she can make amazing covers, see this:
youtube.com/watch?v=z1JIEY34hv8

The only cover I liked from pic related was the Tom Waits cover.

Tori does do amazing covers but just couldn't get into SLG

youtube.com/watch?v=axi9JTnGJPw

Ugly hag.

That's not Bjork.

Every time I try to get into Tori's music I find that Little Earthquakes is the only one I can tolerate. I'll take that one and leave the rest. She's just too much estrogen for me.

Granted bad plastic surgery has not been kind to her in her later years but Tori was anything but ugly in her younger years.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ipCKIxdHTs