What does mu think of lowercase?

What does mu think of lowercase?

An okay genre and a great band.

Interesting concept. Never heard of it.

Pretty interesting in general. Still looking for a few good songs in the genre though.

I would highly recommend Stars of Ice. If you like Drone and Minimalism it won't be too unfamiliar. After you've listened to that Forms of Paper is more lowercase proper

Hey thanks! I'll take a listen to it when I got time!

Interesting due to musical innovation but consuming it barely has any merit for me

yeah man no problem. I will unabashedly sing the praises of Steve Roden to anyone who will listen

I listen to Steve Roden now for similar reasons I used to listen to lots of Merzbow. It's a cleansing experience because it draws from almost nothing I've ever heard before and allows me to just hear it for what it is rather than what it sounds like. Even if I don't draw much from it on each individual listen eventually I get an idea of what the record is that I feel like I've earned rather than just inferred. Not to mention it's very appealing to me to listen to stuff like this because it genuinely makes me feel like I'm observing or even participating in some of the most important music of our time. People making history and all that jazz

what is it

in my own experience of it it seems kind of like a response or continuation of recently minimalsim (Stars of the Lid and other such music) where even tonality is essentially disregarded in the interest of making something either so abstracted as for it's real world incarnation be utterly unrecoverable or something that genuinely never had any grounding in reality to begin with. Really Fascinating stuff

If you were just asking about what it is in a practical sense it's like really quiet power electronics where most of the sounds used actually fall into very small ranges of the audible register rather than fluctuating wildly

FUCK IT

Go fuck yourself.

I really appreciate the nuanced discourse that takes place on this website

how do I get into it?

Steve Roden - Stars of Ice

I've actually heard that one already.

I guess I was kind of hoping there was a chart or essential guide or something...

Oh sorry I assumed you were the guy who was asking what it was. Unfortunately people don't seem all that interested in lowercase here and I have a hard time finding artists in the genre myself.

>The term "Lowercase music" was coined by Steve Roden to describe his album Forms of Paper. Lowercase was primarily defined as a new form of extreme sound art. Lowercase artists base their music on very quiet sounds and will often employ a liberal use of silences to juxtapose these sounds so as to amplify their intensity. Through the digital magnification of microsounds, Lowercase artists may also reveal auditory experiences once inaccessible to the human ear. Examples of this include the recording of plants using amplified contact microphones, anthills and underground ant colony chambers, the sound of snow as it falls onto a sheet of ice, and bacteria being flash-frozen in a Petri dish.

it's very concept-wank based. the kind of thing that fans will not necessarily enjoy listening to, but will enjoy listening to the artist talk about it.

pretentious and gimmicky imo

Make a mega folder and essentials chart, all I have is forms of paper. Maybe I'll try and make some of this stuff.

here you go. disclaimer: not made by me

>2016
>not listening to vaporcase

I PREFER UPPERCASE DESU.