ITT: Bands you didn't understand but love now

Bands you fell in love with even though you stated their music sounds shit before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dbB-mICjkQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

same

Only thought in my head that it sounded bad

how do i into swans

Am I the only one who thinks the lyrics on this cover are really pretentious

Radiohead

Lou Reed

not a band though

WORD!

CRINGE!

seriously fuck off

Start with Soundtracks for the Blind and go chronologically until Glowing Man then listen to Filth and go on

It's supposed to be pretentius. It's playing the part of a manipulator, getting you to succumb to his commands. imo it goes well the album

Muse. I thought they were pretentious, grungey shit. Then i actually listened to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=dbB-mICjkQM

No you're not

This chart is seriously the best way to get into Swans. A couple things here and there I would change but all in all it does flow wonderfully through their discog. Also, because someone usually asks, C:O means Cinematic/Orchestral.

I'm pretty sure most people hate AnCo, then warm to them, like them a bit then eventually love them.

That's also what happened with every new album I bought by them for a while.

wew

Just encountered this yesterday with Death Grips. I listened to Guillotine last year and as soon as I got to the "AAAHHHH AAAHHHH AHHHHHH AAAHHH" part I immediately closed out of the video because I thought it sounded so shitty. Yesterday I found Giving Good People Bad Ideas in my recommended videos and I decided to give it a try because I like the name of the song. Now I'm listening to every single album and I'm fucking loving it. Idk what it is, but something just 'clicks' in your head and you start loving how aggressive and loud Death Grips is instead of thinking that it sounds like a bunch of retards screaming.

Why do they have no jawline

This. Except I only fully enjoy Origin of Symmetry. The rest of their albums have too many filler tracks.

Here you go

huh?

Agreed

It goes well considering how you are supposed to dislike every aspect of the album. Even the cover, it goes well with the person portrayed in the music.

listen to the self-titled EP, then filth, then the young god EP, then cop, then greed, then holy money, then public castration, then blood, women, and roses, then children of god, then shame, humility, revenge, then burning world, then white light, then love of life, then great annihilator, then drainland, then die tur ist zu, then soundtracks for the blind, then number one of three, then swans are dead, then new mother, then 34:13, then how i loved you, then everything is good here, then other people, then we are him, then my father will guide me, then we rose from your bed, then the seer, then not here/not now, then to be kind, then the gate, then the glowing man

First time i listened to Swans i thought they were shit but now i get a boner for anything that has Gira in it.

nice guide
nice trips

Just encountered this yesterday with Sup Forums. I read a post last year and as soon as I got to the ">implying you enjoy music" part I immediately closed out of the window because I thought it sounded so shitty. Yesterday I found a K-POP thread in the catalog and I decided to give it a try because I like shitty memes. Now I'm reading every single thread and I'm fucking loving it. Idk what it is, but something just 'clicks' in your head and you start loving how aggressive and loud Sup Forums is instead of thinking that it sounds like a bunch of retards screaming.

Sorry guys.

You should use arrows.

U cheeky cunt.

>self-titled EP
>filth
>young god EP
>cop
>greed
>holy money
>public castration
>blood, women, and roses
>children of god
>shame, humility, revenge
>burning world
>white light
>love of life
>great annihilator
>drainland
>die tur ist zu
>soundtracks for the blind
>number one of three
>swans are dead
>new mother
>34:13
>how i loved you
>everything is good here
>other people
>we are him
>my father will guide me
>we rose from your bed
>the seer
>not here/not now
>to be kind
>the gate
>the glowing man

This one is better.

Saw shellac at a festival in 2009, we left after 5 minutes wondering what that garbage was.

Anyway, saw them again 2014 after my tastes had changed a bit and it was possibly the best band I've seen.

Holy shit, thank you for this