mega.nz/#!t9kkhaLA!1cEs4D1NueLjEpTKIgC1m8V9q8XAKbQ1qslEicQDKR4
youtube.com/watch?v=DqX4tIxl8k4
youtube.com/watch?v=0rBCT5ROfNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EWIwIzsXvbw
youtube.com/watch?v=0ymDEamDLEI&feature=youtu.be
rxbxhxgorenoise.bandcamp.com/album/eating-out-shit-from-a-gaping-ass
youtube.com/watch?v=t0j4yC_z5Vo&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily reminder that /metal/ threads fucking suck now because no one wants to discuss anymore.

I'll start: Liturgy is better than Panzerfaust era Darkthrone.

I'm not even sure if we need to keep making these threads anymore.

Yeah I know right. I downloaded the first album a decade ago but for the longest time the other two seemed impossible, then all of the sudden they got several ratings on RYM. Not on slsk either.

Yeah. That'll make these threads not suck. Pointless meme fighting. Well done there, pal.

go to bed Dani Filth

Slab! - Descension

>old school Industrial, Industrial Metal/Rock, Experimental Rock Jazz-Rock, the very first Industrial Metal album re

>this was hard as fuck to find anywhere, lads, so i hope you enhoy this piece of industrial music history

>the band itself has a lengthy history

mega.nz/#!t9kkhaLA!1cEs4D1NueLjEpTKIgC1m8V9q8XAKbQ1qslEicQDKR4

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=DqX4tIxl8k4

yeah, i can't find the EP either, because the bands' titles and name just redirect you to a bunch of fucking retarded New Age websites

i'm wondering if the folks on RYM actually got a physical version

MY
COCK
IS
STILL
LIMP

>Hammer of the Witches
You got good taste OP

You guys like Intronaut?

yo rec me some modern or obscure trad heavy metal

>second track starts

Holy shit this just may top Métal Noir Québécois

Sage Meridien - Whispered Tales

Medieval sounding black metal albums?

I am new here, dose this general like Power metal?

>Summoning
>metal
kek

my pleasure, user
Oliver Magnum - Oliver Magnum
Sacred Blade - Of the Sun + Moon (also prog)
Saxon-Heavy Metal Thunder
Gotham City-The Unknown
Legend-Death in the Nursery
Tarot-The Spell of Iron
Q5-Steel the Light
ADX-Execution
Axel Rudi Pell-Black Moon Pyramid
Kiko Loureiro-No Gravity

and if you haven't heard of it (no clue how obscure you're talkin about) then check the Frenchie classic band Sortilège

Started to write out a lengthy sentimental post but knew y'all wouldn't care

What are some albums that you associate with happier times? Even if you don't think they're that great now.

no joke, it used to be my favorite album and i listened to it almost 24/7 along with Slayer shit

thanx

>saw Ne Obliviscaris recently
>they played everything from both their albums except Tapestry, Of the Leper Butterflies, Forget Not, and As Icicles Fall

I am fucking mad
Great show though; even the shit from Citadel which I don't really care for as a whole were performed brilliantly, but they omitted the best tracks from Portal

but not Les Hivers de Notre Epoque.

objectively one of the funnest subgenres, but I just can't handle the cheese anymore
Appetite for Destruction reminds me of being 9 again

Have you heard of Dark Forest, pretty good trad heavy/power metal desu

this is good senpaitachi

this reminds me of arckanum a bit where they just throw big boy riffs at you from start to finish

listening now, enjoying it
never seen this album, is it fun?
I never got into FF but I can see why so many loved em (and why there was incessant FF-posting on /metal/ after their last release)

nice trips, fellow african american negro
i have listened to The Awakening but i found it very dull, i prefer other trad power bands desu

the FF posting here was pure memeing
a shame, because the album is actually pretty decent

This reminds of the parts of high school that didn't make me want to kill myself. Like ditching class, staying up all night playing vidya, even went to see dethklok live with my friends. Best show I've been to. Converge, High on Fire, Mastodon, and dethklok.

only tangentially metal related, but this album. one of these days i might buy a vinyl of it and i never buy vinyls.

Apparently the guys in Forteresse is also in this. Holy crap the Québec is pretty underrated desu

Dethklok is probably my favorite melodeath band tbqh

it's just too catchy, and if you're pussifying death metal then that's exactly what you should strive for

I think this album was literally my high school years. Also my first favorite extreme underground record

Look no further

this might fit the bill

i've been getting into Prehistoric Music lately, we need to get a band to do but with metal

Neanderthals should make a collab with some new age artist to make this a possibility

One of my favs from 2013. Great record there.

I learned about CTTS pretty late but still love it. ATRU is a great album.

>Neanderthals should make a collab with some new age artist to make this a possibility
A split where the front side is peaceful quasi-ancient folk black metal, then suddenly you begin to hear loud noises and rape and screaming and on the other side you get Neoandertals

nah man, an actual collab, with Neanderthals playing their weird free improv BDM while a new age artist makes his best recreations of music of the Paleolithic era, and they try to stay in harmony like any good jazz group would

yes. this album is so fucking good I even bought it on cassette. I can only describe it as medieval war metal, but war metal in the sense that the synths are like trumpets being blown to alert the army to attack.

One of my top 5 favourite albums this year so far.

What did you guys think?

Haha, woah there buddy.

Post what you're listening to right now

2814 - Rain Temple
it's boring ambient downtempo

Aw, I actually really like that record

I like it but I'm not particularly impressed with it.

Futurefunk is objectively the best kind of vaporwave, as long as it doesn't sound like house.

great atmosphere, thoroughly gnarly meloblack riffs, and a fair amount of variety.

This could be a classic.

>Futurefunk
Reverse searched your pic, this is some really fun stuff. Got any recs?

Just got into these guys. Absolutely love the vocals.

What did you guys think of this? I'm two tracks in and it seems awesome so far.

aoty

Another day ill go to work and i wont ask qt 3.14 out.
Another day ill be dealing with retards, and with my own inner self.

Pray for me

check out マクロスMACROSS 82-99
youtube.com/watch?v=0rBCT5ROfNQ

Yes, they kill it live too which is where I first listened to them. Sul ponticello caught my ear during the life show and I've been listening ever since.

Why is this the best Bathory album?

because they all sound like shit and you like the cover ?

idk lad

Are there any tasteful metal album covers in existence?

tons of em
and tasteless doesn't equal good btw

Funk Carioca Power Electronics

youtube.com/watch?v=EWIwIzsXvbw

I've been looking for MC Vitinho's Cheio De Odio for an eternity now

i need to find that fucking album

why of course

Plenty. Although there are also plenty of cannibal corpse tier album cover as well.

Dude recc me some funk carioca. I don't really know anything specific. I like that video though because of the noise.

ok /metal/ I'm looking for a new guitar. Was thinking about a Les paul but my budget is around 1k for anything else. Any suggestions?

For that reason alone the live stuff is better to me really

yeah man

Les Pauls are pretty rad. Playing anything else now feels a lot worse for me.

most funk carioca comes from favelas
actual releases ten to literally just be different songs recorded live, and rarely released

this is good news for you though, it means most releases are raw as fuck
if you want some raw as fuck funk carioca check out MC Carol - MC Carol Bandida (2010-2013)

also, that's the noisiest video of the genre around, i really want to get my hands on MCs Vitinho stuff but the guy's like a ghost

This is undeniably the best album cover to have ever existed.

even if I'm going for kind of a death metal/black metal sound? I know guitars themselves don't account for too much of the sound (I'm sure you can make a telecaster sound brutal without much effort), but I don't want o get something that's gonna hold the sound back a noticeable amount

Plenty of death and black metal bands play les pauls.

Ayy well that actually makes things way easier for me dude

although finding the actual releases is a pain, even online
they tend to be on shitty zuca/hue sites and needless to say these are sketchy at best

you answered your own question. If anything you should take a more minimal approach to high-gain tones and just use overdrives, different pickups and shit like an HM-2 to get your sound.

You do want a guitar that's resonant and has sustain, though

Yo I heard you like cybergrind, you like any gorenoise?

Last Days Of Humanity is the fucking shit my fellow black african american

What does Sup Forums think of Nocternity?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ymDEamDLEI&feature=youtu.be

here some shit for ya

rxbxhxgorenoise.bandcamp.com/album/eating-out-shit-from-a-gaping-ass

>led Paul

Shorter scale length than strat style guitars for slightly easier bends. Id personally go for a Studio because they have thinner necks and hot pickups. Whatever you do, don't play left handed.

any Deutchbags here know what this says?

it's a advertisement for Captain Morgan's rum

user should actually be going for a longer scale-length guitar for stable low tunings

youtube.com/watch?v=t0j4yC_z5Vo&feature=youtu.be

Raw blackened-crust from Chicago

based pc

Not really, but at least is the best Black Sabbath album

i'm glad you enjoyed it user

This.
When I was about 12-13 I heard online that My Own Summer was about Chino's hatred for summer and how he'd put tin foil up at his windows to keep the light and heat out. Being a reclusive angry kid living in Australia both the idea and song resonated with me and I started doing the same thing. Summer of 8th grade was fucking awful, I spent the whole time trying to keep cool due to the 40+ degree weather in a dark room in only my boxers laying on the floor just listening to nu-metal and Alice in Chains, plus my mum's gambling addiction got really bad about then and she was never home, never bought any food and my sister had moved out so no one was there to take care of me, it was just me trying to stretch out stale Doritos and cereal for weeks with my copy of Around the Fur I'd saved my lunch money to buy and the imaginary friend I'd made to cope with my shit assed life. Regardless of all this I'm kind of nostalgic about the time. Fuck knows why.

you can write a long blog post. if it's good, i'll read it.

i don't have an album that reminds me of "better times". i love being an adult. i have freedom to do whatever i want.

but here's an album i remember fondly from my yout. incidentally, it was my first metal album.

Whipstriker are nice af

I didn't like the newest one.

before the crippling loneliness set in

Something about this album just makes me laugh. Maybe it's the wheeze-shriek vocals, maybe its the tinny sound, or maybe it's the boisterous, corny synths.

>dissing those Runescape synths
m8

WHEELS OF FIRE

BURN THE NIGHT

RIDE ACROSS THE SKY

WHEELS OF FIRE

BURNING BRIGHT

WE LIVE TO RIDE!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Just imagine what it'd be like to be as false as this guy Blows your mind, huh?