/classical/

IMPORTANT: strawpoll.me/10884963

Post music you desperately want people to care about as much as you do.

/classical/ has a theme now: youtube.com/watch?v=D0RrT6hMOgI

>inb4 hey, connoisseurs, what games are these composers? xD
youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk

>inb4 how do i into bach?
youtube.com/watch?v=jgR8yriJt7k

>inb4 rec complex bach works (srlsly)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4991435DC2E3575C

>General folder. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes Bach and Mozart subfolders
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>Debussy Folder: Recordings of Debussy's most important/famous works
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera folder: Construction in progress. Features recorded productions of various operas
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Renaissance Folder
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Crudblud stuff
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_URx8Pw_OJo
youtube.com/watch?v=i34r_eRGmwY
youtube.com/watch?v=-ux0yGwwWPs
youtube.com/watch?v=_n90RddJaxk
youtube.com/watch?v=2DV_GgU4WjY
youtube.com/watch?v=VRTVVF66Gag
youtube.com/watch?v=bf6aFyMevX0
youtube.com/watch?v=sYNIFsqr3TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oVY6C7NOjdY
www85.zippyshare.com/v/9VMwbRgU/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=E7_hO2MlcRo.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWynVFp2zVI
youtu.be/Weg9J5OGl1o?t=3m12s
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S64393648
mega.nz/#!axQH0T7I!a7dFeh6yk_xHJwJtNI8ZQDz6VrtvlAAfQqb2NKDP06k
youtube.com/watch?v=VDF68eVsUpw
youtube.com/watch?v=4rQLZD4fcw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-oZPh3LzNg
youtube.com/watch?v=M0d4qM7gCH8
youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ4hN7vxWo
youtube.com/watch?v=suWFRYUXvO4
vocaroo.com/i/s0O4C37IS4w3
youtube.com/watch?v=do6Ki6kMq_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=_URx8Pw_OJo
Honestly this is better than anything by Copland

>Mozart enlarged the forms of his time by combining genres. The finale of his Piano Sonata in B-flat, K. 333, is a large concerto movement, with imitations of the contrast of orchestra and soloist, and a huge cadenza like an improvisation. He introduced operatic effects in his chamber music, and symphonic and concerto passages into his opera arias. His concertos have moments of intimate and complex chamber music. The finale of the Jupiter symphony has an unprecedented display of learned counterpoint, simultaneously combining six themes. He magnified almost every genre in which he worked.
Have you listened to Mozart today?

>He introduced operatic effects in his chamber music
Examples?

Anything is better than Copland

>Post music you desperately want people to care about as much as you do.
youtube.com/watch?v=i34r_eRGmwY
youtube.com/watch?v=-ux0yGwwWPs
youtube.com/watch?v=_n90RddJaxk
youtube.com/watch?v=2DV_GgU4WjY

>Post music you desperately want people to care about as much as you do.
youtube.com/watch?v=VRTVVF66Gag
youtube.com/watch?v=bf6aFyMevX0
youtube.com/watch?v=sYNIFsqr3TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oVY6C7NOjdY

I like you Baroque-Anime user

i ship u

The final to his 17th quartet iirc has an opera buffa like feel. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to his chamber music though.

Wrong general buddy

Who are your top 3 20th century composers from each half of the century (no repetitions)?

Early: Scriabin
Mid: Prokofiev
Late: Rautavaara

Early: Strauss
Mid: Copland
Late: Rihm

Early: Debussy
Mid: Schoenberg
Late: Wuorinen

Early: Ravel
Mid: Lutoslawski
Late: Kapustin

special shoutout to Sciarrino and Rautavaara

Lera Auerbach is awful

Early: Schoenberg
Mid: Bartok
Late: Schnittke

Can someone please upload this? I don't have money to buy it ;_;

Mathias Auguste//The Julliard Ensemble (led by David Moody) -- Choral Works (2004) (FLAC)

I have a real treat for you all, today.

>choral ensemble
>very obscure medieval composer whose works were destroyed and banned after purported homosexuality
>one of the first to experiment with hallucinogenic drugs during composition process
>gfs mother is a professional clarinet player who is a graduate of julliard who gave this to me, his compositions were unearthed in the julliard library and recorded, it was an inside joke within the julliard community due to being so obscure. very few recordings of his work exist as far as I can tell, this might actually be the only one
>ethereal, uplifting, actually quite beautiful

dl: www85.zippyshare.com/v/9VMwbRgU/file.html

I'm hearing birdsongs in this:
youtube.com/watch?v=E7_hO2MlcRo. Am I crazy?

Also this set of 8 sonatas by Biber is very good. Probably his magnum opus.

back cover

>Mathias Auguste
meme

>music you want people to care about as much as you do

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWynVFp2zVI

Well I guess I am autistic enough to tag all of this.Will upload when I'm finished.

>manually tagging
itunes has an auto-tag function which works for pretty much every CD ever made. you should use it if you value your sanity. or feel free to make fun of itunes while you're manually typing out each german name of each tiny arietta

I usually use foobar and the musicbrainz extension to tag things. This wasn't on musicbrainz so I had to manually tag it. I doubt itunes' tagging is satisfactory to my autismal demands either but what do I know?

Hello
I recently saw a live of Arvo Part named "Adam's Passion" and can't find the recording anywhere. Anyone want to help?

its pretty tight mate, and quick. At least give it a shot and see what its like. could save you a LOT of time. entire CDs tracks tagged in 10 seconds.

I'm new to classical. I feel kind of like a pleb. I'd like some things that are similar to the following yet not necessarily as entry level, or one tiny step beyond entry level:

>All Beethoven's piano sonatas
>Chopin Sonatas & Nocturnes
>Franz Liszt Piano Sonata
>Brahms 4th, cello sonata's and clarinet sonatas
>Tchaikovsky's 6th
>Dvorak 7 and 9.

I know it's entry level so what do I do to progress?

youtu.be/Weg9J5OGl1o?t=3m12s

Im particularly interested in that part.

Maybe later. Right now the monotonous deed is done and I'm at 31%.
I went a little farther too and tried to find some scans, I found a .zip with a few Pearl booklets, they're kinda shit but better than nothing I guess.

what era do you like most

I'm sure at some point SDF or one of them are gonna just pop up and have decent scans or something anyways, but Zion knows where they are.
Listen to Mozart

Well looking at that list it seems like Romantic right?
Okay. Mozart. Guess I'll continue the sonata trend and listen to his piano sonatas.

The sonatas are good but I'd recommend the piano concertos and chamber music first. The operas too if you think you have the patience.

Read Rosen
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S64393648
Then listen to Mozart

griegs string quartet
wagnuhs operas
alkans solo piano workd
mahluhs symphonies
brucknuhs symhpnoies
brahms's symphonies

You might like Debussy and Ravel.

>old crackly recording of romanticized meme conductors who actually weren't that great
Stop wasting your life

That record has some of the best Wagner singing ever recorded with some fantastic Wagner conductors. It's mastered pretty well too all things considered.
Here it is anyways
>Pearl has assembled, for the first time under one roof, all 122 sides that comprise the celebrated HMV albums of extended Ring Cycle excerpts issued in the late twenties and early thirties. Many vocal aficionados consider this era to be the apex of Wagner singing in this century, with Schorr's virile yet compassionate Wotan, Leider's agile and authoritative Brünnhilde, and the unique Melchior, whose peerless Siegfried is heard here nearly complete. Moreover, these artists often appeared together in Europe and at Covent Garden, and had ample opportunity to hone their collective insights into these elusive roles.
>bogmemers and old-recording deniers pls go
mega.nz/#!axQH0T7I!a7dFeh6yk_xHJwJtNI8ZQDz6VrtvlAAfQqb2NKDP06k

meme

Listen to MoXXart faqqot

What's Josquin's most underrated motet and why is it In Princio Erat Verbum?

Sounds interesting. I'll listen to it later.

I already had it fully tagged myself, but thanks.

Though the conducting is extremely good on those sets, one of the larger appeals is the singing. You can find some great Wagner conductors today, but the singing is usually shite. I just got done listening to most recent Bayreuth performances (with Janowski leading) and while the conducting was superb the singing was pretty terrible for many of the roles. Still one more opera to go but I can't imagine Götterdämmerung will be any better considering the even more massive demands from the singers in that title.

You'll also find that most modern Wagnerians worship these old recordings. Haenchen, my favorite modern Wagner conductor, studied for his interpretations (which was mentioned numerous times in the booklet of his Ring set) and his Ring set is great from a conducting standpoint (too bad about the singing).

also
>he doesn't know how to remove crackles and pops

I completely forgot you existed Wagneranon. How's it going?

It's going. I've been busy with commissions and school.

I still post here occasionally, but it's probably easy to lose me if I'm not writing paragraphs of bullshit on Wagner.

r. strauss, ravel, sibelius.

I miss that autist who screencapped /classical/ shitposts and made huge collages with them.
Who do you think his favorite composer was?

Frank Zappa or Kanye West.

>Zappa
is he good? I don't think he's classical but I keep seeing his name pop up on art music discussion. Every Varese video on YouTube has the comment section infested with Zappa memers.

Does anyone under 50 honestly like Zappa? He makes boring unfunny music for baby boomers.

>be the original bogposter
>stay away from /classical/ for a few days
>check archived threads
>mfw people are heartily bogposting without me

It has reached literal meme status - a self-replicating idea. You're welcome.

share some Rautavaara in his memory
youtube.com/watch?v=VDF68eVsUpw

next time try to introduce something entertaining and founded in fact.

Consequently the last 4 or 5 classical threads have been some of the worst, with a very low quota of actual content.

>some of the worst, with a very low quota of actual content.

Kinda like you know whose music.

Reminder that CLT posted this back in 2007
>The problem with their era is that the only way they could earn a living is by giving those in power--lords, kings, cardinals, bishops--what they wanted. They were really restricted by the times. No free markets, like Frank was able to work in. He found a way to maximize profit through using a variety of genres, especially pop that paid the bills. That enabled him to create his master pieces or more experimental, masterful music--that's my favorite Zappa when he goes nuts like with King Kong. LOVE Uncle Meat. If Motzy and Beethoven had a little more freedom and modern technology, who knows what they could have created. But to me Mozart was able to shake it up and create some amazing music even within all those restrictions. Rule on Zappsters

>If Motzy and Beethoven had a little more freedom and modern technology, who knows what they could have created

>implying bogposters actually like music

>Zappa
>Masterpieces
his orchestral music and forays into "art music" are awful.

>Mozart and Beethoven
>Restricted by the times
Clearly has no idea what he is talking about

Good thing I never respected that guys opinion.

So Bach is pronounced bog? I've always said back.

My music teacher told me when he was in school he knew a girl who pronounced it "Batch"

what a stuuuupid bitch

>Kinda like you know whose music.
Chopinfags BTFO

>UUUUUH pitch is the foundation of music man IT'S THE FOUNDATION OF MUSIC like the better a piece is you know the less the interpretation and instruments matter you know classical music is the apex of rational aural architecture you know timbre doesn't matter the MATHEMATICAL ratios are basal to the universal euphoria music produce you know PERIOD

youtube.com/watch?v=4rQLZD4fcw8

Is that the biggest load of shit in Western art music memetics or is Wagner fundamentally shit?

You can't have it both ways.

how degenerate am I that I like to browse Sup Forums while listening to classical music rather than just closing my eyes and enjoying the melody

>tfw im doing the same
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-oZPh3LzNg

>classical music
>melody

Good one.

Why do you post Sup Forums-tier reaction images so much

Rec me great string quartets
I like Bartók, Shostakovich and Schubert the most

Why did Beethoven compose jig-tier parts so much?

chants
youtube.com/watch?v=M0d4qM7gCH8

youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ4hN7vxWo

Why is it whenever I reply to you you always reply back with some juvenile quip about a German composer

I think you're obsessed and need help, my friend

Sup Forums-tier images for a Sup Forums-tier shitposter

>is annoyed by a handful of people repeatedly posting pictures of poorly stuffed animals and saying "bog"
>is NOT annoyed by dozens of composers who have amassed hundreds of hours of repetitive musical shitposting between them

I don't have to listen to that music though.

Whenever I come in here you're just constantly shitposting and blogging about whatever minor quibble you have with a German composer. And it's always the same stuff. It's done in a splendidly spastic fashion as well.

You didn't answer either of my questions or address my concern, by the way.

>I don't have to listen to that music though.

You DO!

Ok

How do you know he listens to Chopin?

is Bach elite?

yes and so is pezold

Fuck Mozart.

Is Mahler derivative?

Bog memes aside, Mahler had to know somewhere in the back of his head that his music was one protracted hurling of the proverbial sink.

yes, his glasses symbolize the emotional value of his music.

The hell is that little hook for? Hanging feces?

>the rare fruits council
made me smile inwawrdly, and very good piece of music
8/10

Followed by people hurling INTO the actual sink.

youtube.com/watch?v=suWFRYUXvO4
can you find all the influence kids

right off the bat hes just emulating mozart

I mean *G*rman composer* emulating *G*rman composer* has been going on since the dawn of time but this is so obvious it almost makes one question if Mahler wasn't self-aware and intentionally trolling us?

Maybe he was the Anal Cunt of Classical music?

hi /classical/ I made a shitty recording of myself whistling a well known classical or baroque piece I remember liking, could you please identify it for me
I suck at whistling tho
vocaroo.com/i/s0O4C37IS4w3

its because he was a professional conductor and composing had to come second.
when your head is filled with all that music, composing original music can be a battle. Still, while his influence may seem obvious in some of his early to middle works, his latter works show more individuality.

Lmao never post that ever again

your whistling is past being recognizable
can you possibly work out the notes on a piano or program of a piano?

it's tchaikovsky swan lake?

youtube.com/watch?v=do6Ki6kMq_o

How would one do that?

/classical/ who's your Old/New/Uylsses Testament Compositions that aren't Bach/Beethoven/Nancarrow combo?

Mine are

Scarlatti's Sonatas
Liszt's Années de pèlerinage
Messiaen's Piano and Organ work

no fucking way
I was recommended Swan Lake heavily to dance to and now it's the tune that's been stuck in my head