Do I have to be American to get this?

Do I have to be American to get this?

No you have to be on acid..

There's nothing to get.

They're essentially, sonically, an Alex Grey painting. 'Deep'/'trippy' in the same embarrassingly dumb and plebeian way.

"Whoa... that skinless Hellraiser man has eyes all over him. That's, like, dark but spiritual and shit"

"I heard they're into black magic and stuff, but their music is also really perverted, like about prison sex and enemas and stuff. It's super deep. I relate to it."

>implying

You get as much out of them as you put into them. Thus, they're a zero gain/loss type of a band.

>There's nothing to get.
that's such a dumb fucking statement, like in general. if at least one guy gets something out of anything, there is.

no but you do have to have an extremely good taste in music.
so artistic album artwork is considered shit now? go back to your radiohead threads pleb.

>Alex Grey
>"artistic"

He's like Thomas Kincaid-tier, but for embarrassing Burning Man dorks.

but tool is just radiohead if they were american

>embarrassingly
>embarrassing
"muh"

>if at least one guy gets something out of anything, there is

pic related

like we get it they're not cool to like

There's nothing to get. It's just alt-metal arriving about 3 years too late with edgy nonsense lyrics.

Personally, I like it a lot.

>edgy
i find its a lot more 2deep4u nonsense than edgy.
but i like it a lot as well. favorite band by far.

Explain?

>have to have an extremely good taste in music.

Then how come everyone with good taste in music hates them and the people who love them are angsty nu-metal fans?

I'VE DONE THE. MATH E.NOUGH TO. KNOW THE. DANGERS. OF OUR. SECOND GUESSING

You have to be autistic.

>started out making generic alt rock
>added influences of "progressive" music around the turn of the millennium, only one used rock and the other bleep because "we brits are the best at bleep"
>baby's first "yeah im into music" gateway band
>baby's first socially conscious and 2deep4u lyrics
>way too idolized frontman who's also there to churn out albums with his mediocre side project between gaps that grow longer and longer

because people who pride themselves with having "good taste", whatever that actually is, are self-conscious pricks and

Lol can't disagree
Still gud band

sad state we're in on this board

sad state

>everyone with a good taste in music hates them
tell us more about these people. or do you just mean yourself?

no silly it's on ebay