hinder or something.

Beck

What even is that

tito

The Mountain Goats

Christ that show sucked ass

b8

Accurate

Fuck this show. The animation was done in fucking ms paint or some shit and looks awful. Like someone else said, they put no thought into the art style whatsoever. The writing is extremely subpar too. For one thing, the premise of the show is just cliche and boring. To make matters worse though, each episode moves incredibly slowly with very contrived and beaten to death plots where some people mumble for 20 minutes, punctuated by booger or fart jokes and other grossout gags. Seriously, who was the target audience for this shit? Mentally disabled children?

Either way, it sucked so bad it was cancelled twice and later banned from rerunning as well.

>The animation was done in fucking ms paint or some shit and looks awful

it's an extremely obscure animation known as "flash"

It seems like you didn't really understand what they were going for.

You are probably one of those people who never got Seinfeld.

>The Mountain Goats

please stop bringing up the mountain goats on this board

/thread

you seem angry

it is a good show

pavement

its an adult swim show what the fuck did you expect?

teen suicide desu

this is a pretty good answer

This

why?

I don't think there were any booger or fart jokes

tonstartssbandht

Gorillaz or some other shit that middle schoolers in the early 2000s thought made them cool/mature for liking

I don't understand why people think people listen to music to sound "mature/cool". Projecting much?

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, here's 4 dollars. Go across the street and get me a double cheeseburger with fries, no wait, curly fries.

Because they're insecure

This

audio recordings of literal shit

Underage detected

Kidz Bop

cycje

to be clear, everything you just said is wrong and stupid.

my example of SOMEthing you just said that's wrong and stupid is as follows. it wasn't "banned from rerunning." the creator made that decision himself.

what do i expect, though; this is Sup Forums, where everything is objective and the concept of differing perspectives is smothered underneath countless and thoughtless quantifiable pretensions like genres and rankings.

anyway, here's your (you).

read in his voice

>the creator made that decision himself.
When did he do this?

HE IS FRANZ KAFKA

It's called squigglevision

>my example of SOMEthing you just said that's wrong and stupid is as follows. it wasn't "banned from rerunning." the creator made that decision himself.

Uh false. Brendon Small has nothing to do with schedule programming at Adult Swim.

BE CAREFUL IF YOU GET HIM PISSED

what

Of the literally thousands of subtle, intricate quips (~5 jokes/minute times 20 minutes/episode times 50 episodes) based around character traits and interpersonal relationships (i.e. you need to actually study the characters and analyze their motives and past experiences in order to understand the show), there are literally 5 "gross-out" jokes. And they all occurred during the first 5 episodes, which were made for UPN in 1999 and were targeted at a "family audience". Maybe try watching an episode that was made for AS?

It amazes me that, to this day, the animation style still completely goes over the heads of many. A little background: unlike the vast majority of cartoons and animated sitcoms, the voice acting was done PRIOR to the animation. This made the animation a daunting task that, despite being done with cheap flash animation, required over 10 animators per episode. But if you're into dialogue-driven humor, the results are worth it, because there are hardly any animated sitcoms that contain the detailed, varied and organic facial expressions and body gestures that Home Movies contains. In fact, many animated sitcoms contain hardly any facial expressions or movements among their characters during conversation. I wouldn't be surprised if you think Family Guy has a passing artistic style; sure, it isn't abrasive, but it's devoid of any intricacy or artistic merit.

Trout Mask Replica = Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
Rock Bottom = Home Movies
Faust = Xavier: Renegade Angel
Yerself is Steam = FLCL

That's all I have so far.

Hot Rats = Space Ghost

>It's called squigglevision

you're an idiot

it was squigglevision for the first season and then flash for the rest

underage pls go

no, pavement = space ghost

youtube.com/watch?v=ij9Tm5vewY4

Something homemade and acoustic, like this
youtube.com/watch?v=_pU-cMTfOCQ

>the premise of the show is just cliche and boring
It seems like you think the premise of the show is "kids making movies in their basement", which is technically true, but very incomplete. The actual "home movies" are vehicles to express the conflicts that occur in their daily lives, which is really what most of the show is about. Most of the dialogue and plot points actually have nothing to do with the movies. (This is true for all episodes including the first 5. You really need to go back and watch the show again if you want to gain an accurate picture of it.)
>very contrived and beaten to death plots
What the actual fuck? Please name an example, the only episode that immediately comes to mind is Four's Company, though there are probably a few others. Especially in the 4th Season, when the AS executives barely gave them any time to produce the episodes.
>It was cancelled so it must have been bad!!!
Yikes. Not to mention it ran longer than most other shows on the network.

Any time there's a Home Movies thread on Sup Forums and all these posters with bad taste in comedy come out of the woodwork, you can bet that 90% have only watched the first few episodes. We live in an age of "binge-watching" where you can just go right into season 1, episode 1 without doing any prior research on the show. So what if the show was completely retooled, as to be targeted to adults, two years after being cancelled on a network for family-friendly programming? I mean if the first 5 episodes contain gross-out gags, the remaining 47 must also be laden with booger and fart jokes as well, right?

I swear, television comedy illiteracy is as rampant as rock music illiteracy. It's about time we got a Scaruffi-type figure for comedy.

Metalocalypse

Agreed

it was mostly improvised they only used outlines as scripts

or maybe they just like it?

Yep.

Nowhere close to the best AS show (Xavier Renegade Angel)

Agreed. You have to be underage or just stupid to think Home Movies is anything other than crap.

KAFKA!
KAFKA!
KAFKA!

youtu.be/8uaaF83eVig

What a brilliant little song and music video.

youtu.be/ISMT8u_xuDM

I'M THE ROUGHEST TOUGHEST KITTY IN THE LAND
MY NAME IS MISTER PANTS I'M THE KITTY CAT MAN
NOBODY'S GONNA STOP ME FROM HAVIN' MY WAY
MY NAME IS MISTER PANTS AND HAVE A NICE DAY

youtu.be/OzNfXVkYi_Q

LIIIIVIN' LIKE A BUG AIN'T EEEEASAAAY
MYYYY OLD CLOTHES DON'T SEEM TO FIT MAAAAYY

Karen O is my queen

youtu.be/QO9C9bRBrmY

BRENDAN SMALL!
HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!
HE WAS RIDIN' HIS BIKE !
THEY TRIED TO TAKE HIS LIFE!

agreed

youtu.be/aZD1XcvtHPs

DON'T PUT MARBLES IN YOUR NOSE
PUT THEM IN THERE DO NOT PUT THEM IN THERE

youtu.be/0NIKVfy15bM

I AM A BAKER
AND TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY
AND I JUST TURNED ONE YEARS OLD
AND I'M VERY COLD
AND I JUST FOUND OUT I'M A BAKER MAN
AND I LIVE INSIDE A BAKING CAN
WITH SOFT AND PRETTY BAKERS HANDS
AND I'M OH SO MEEK

Ween = Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Daniel Johnston = The Brak Show
Tom Waits = The Heart, She Holler
Portishead = The Big O
The Locust = Superjail!

>living like a bug ain't easy

Beck
Tenacious D
Teen Suicide
Gerbils
Apples in Stereo
Alvvays
Magnetic Fields
Violent Femmes
The Mountain Goats

Primus

thats Space Ghost Coast to Coast

12 Oz Mouse copy pasta from Sup Forums guys...

Also I love oz mo.

Captain Murphy = Sealab 2021

this