So does Sup Forums listen to music because they like it or because they like the image of it?

So does Sup Forums listen to music because they like it or because they like the image of it?

fuck off montie

>you share the chinese imageboard with this thing

i listen to musique for the vagina

C H I C A G O
H
I
C
A
G
O

I can't sleep at night over that exact question, is my music taste rigged by what appeals to the masses or other people or is it rigged by what I really, truly deep in my heart, I really like?

I wish I could know this before I start playing in a band.

I listen to Bathory because I like the t-shirts

That pic is literally like the guy spent 40 minutes on Sup Forums

>imagine being the dude, abd reading this thread
>imagine having your picture on this cambodian egg knitting truckstop
>imagine being him, reading mussentials, and going to amazon to buy these albums, all excited for new music
>imagine being struck down by fellow board members for entry level tastes

Hes going to kill himself.

Interesting question, Montie.

Most females and certainly a good amount of males listen to music primarily to make a fashion statement.

It's safe to say Sup Forums is >90% male, so there's probably a good amount of people here who listen for the music itself rather than whatever sense of coolness or superiority they derive from it. There's also gonna be some here who listen for the reason stated above, to make a fashion statement. Also, it's rarely completely one way or another, most will have a combination of the two sides.

Overall, though, it's not really possible to know completely how Sup Forums really thinks.

basically for embryos

pretty sure he posted this here as a joke and does not give a shit

why i stopped frequenting recent purchase threads 2bh

Purely for enjoyment. I really couldn't care less about the "image" some genres are associated with.

I am the guy in the picture. Ask me anything

can you go away now pls

Alot of times the issue is more either, the person enjoys the albums, and finds out those are related somehow. If you even look on discogs, or amazon, alot of times you get related albums listing those due to the link between them. Or its just a joke.

Music is subjective so theres no reason to call anyone hipster, a meme, or anything over taste. Its more just about enjoying whatever the fuck you listen to.

But thats just like, my opinion man.

>implying Sup Forums listens to music

i'm with this guy. it's just insecure to put somebody down because they prefer a different set of vibrations into their soft fleshy headspace than you do.

Most of Sup Forums does it for image but they would never admit it or aren't even cognizant of it.

When I see someone call someone a drone of any sort it makes me cringe. The person calling someone else a drone is obviously insecure about how cool they are for their deep and unique taste.

Tripfags are obviously in it for image too because why the fuck do you need people to know who you are when discussing music? Chart posters fall into the same category, generally.

no

Imagine being me and seeing people post me all around

Well obviously, I am in it for the image. Everyone knows who I am at this point.

Ayy I own this and I love it.

So make all your fat fleshy fingers to moving desu

I listen to music because I like it. Image hasn't mattered to me since I was 14 years old.

I want to ingravidate you Montie

this, Sup Forums is just a big pissing contest
that's why they are so obsessed over the pleb/patrician meme

Cause I like it and it helps me with inspirations

i dont even like music, i only listen to it so my friends will think im cool.

I don't have any friends and don't talk to anybody irl about music. I do it for me because I have nothing else to live for.

literally "am i cool yet" the picture

kys that picture is objectively you cuck nu male cringing beta

>No Trout Mask Replica

reminder montie is a literal cuck

wow you guys werent joking about the whole Sup Forums nu male thing

youre pretty ugly man sorry

i only listen to music from Sup Forums so i can like the bands on facebook and my friends can see how patrician i am by clicking "going" on music events so it will show up on other peoples time line and they will see how great my taste in music is.