This is complete shit

This is complete shit
How can anyone say that David Bowie is a great artist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dC20rI6mOiE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because they listen to his good albums

He IS a great artist...

no he isn't

He's a better artist than you are.

IT'S NOT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE COCAINE

is this bait? Because if not, I have a couple of hours before I go to bed, ready for a fierce internet debate, which no one will care about in a few hours :^)

nice argument there buddy
I don't make music so even Fred Durst is technically a better artist than I am

It's not
I've listened to this albums multiple times, I fucking hate it

kek

Seriously though, I fucking love Bowie, but could never truly get into this album apart from title track and TVC-15.

Well, what about it don't you like ??

I hate his voice. Bowie's voice really sounds like it is more suited to the music hall stuff he started out with. His fragile, thin voice is just horrible for soul and funk, it doesn't have any power and feels weird and alienating.
The music didn't affect me much, and it's too cluttered with unnecessary electronic noises and such. In, like, NEU! the electronics feel essential to the songs, here they just feel tacked on and kind of distract from the groove
And I really hate his pretentions and theatricality, it feels so alienating. Bowie sounds so full of it and self involved here

if you don't make then u can't appreciate it

consumers are the lowest tier of art appreciation and are only the consideration of the trashiest of artists and content creators.

make, create, share. then you can say what is and isn't valid as art without pissing into the wind.

>I play guitar so my opinion about Bowie is better than yours
Bowie obviously was making his music for a largely consumer, pop audience
Most of the critics that rated this highly also don't play music

Would you say that the opinions of his target pop audience are worthless?
Bowie's not even very arty anyways

Station to station is not even one of his best records, you should check The Man Who Sold The World, Diamond Dogs or Low

This is a retarded argument and I love Bowie

>fragile thin voice
>Word On A Wing

Already listened, I was meh on The Man Who Sold The World, hated Diamond Dogs, meh on Low

>hated Diamond Dogs
wew

t. Scaruffi

w-well I think its amazing

Agreed

bowie is very clearly not for you then
move on

>S2S

It's his only good album, though.

yeah

Hmm... not sure if I agree on the fact that his voice isn't suited for the style, but I guess that is a super subjective thing. I actually think the instrumentals fit his voice really well, especially on tracks such as golden years and the title track.

>Bowie sounds so full of it and self involved here

I can definitely see what you are saying here, but I don't think it takes away from the experience of the album. And also being a bit full of one self, was also a major part of the thin white duke character. (I think)

Also, don't you think saying
>How can anyone say that David Bowie is a great artist?
is a bit over the top, based on one album, when he had such a huge discography?

What do you think of Heroes? I think it's his best personally.

>is a bit over the top, based on one album, when he had such a huge discography?
I've listened to multiple Bowie albums, I didn't like any of them

Haven't listened to Heroes yet but I do like the title track

Listen to it. It's got a great b-side in case you don't like his voice that much.

youtube.com/watch?v=dC20rI6mOiE

Not even The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars? That shit is like my favorite album of all time ;)

Oh well, to each their own i guess

Well then obviously your opinion is irrelevant. Case closed, guys. Go home. OP is clearly an enormous faggot with shit taste.

Nah I prefer to think that everybody who likes Bowie has shit taste

You're objectively wrong, boyo. KYS! :D

>objectively wrong
yeah no

Fuck off you have no idea what you're talking about