youtube.com/watch?v=gWpCqjMrOsY
youtube.com/watch?v=dRq92vqrVjg
youtu.be/OW84qkzcMk4
youtube.com/watch?v=FVMRBKOGsNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't at all. You're clinical.

>Portugese
>Sounds Slavic
Assuming that you're mono-lingual, it would make sense that draw that conclusion simply due to lack of perspective.
An American tourist I met in Oslo even commented to me once how "Spanish" Norwegian sounded. I wasn't suprised when the conversaion later on reveiled that she only spoke English herself.

It does sound a bit Slavic desu

I'm not mono-lingual. I speak a bit Russian

Watched the video to the end now. He says "Joe, thanks for teaching me Portugese". So I doubt this is his native tounge.

I meant Portuguese in general. There have been times when there would be Portuguese spoken on the TV while I wasn't watching and it would give me a mindfuck because of the uncanny sense of familiarity.

Honestly, I imagine a Latinised Slavic language would sound a bit like Portuguese.

brazilian portuguese surely doesn't sound slavic at all.

what sounds slavic is european portuguese

youtube.com/watch?v=gWpCqjMrOsY

Depends on the region, Manuel.

Yeah, in the region of portugal it does sound slavic.

that's because brazil is black, not slavic like portugal

t. 60%

It really does, keke

we are a proud african country
DELET THIS

>An American tourist I met in Oslo even commented to me once how "Spanish" Norwegian sounded.

The reasoning behind this is clear. Every language that didn't undergo the English language shift (i.e. every Indo-European language except for English) where the sound for a didn't mutate into ay, u into you, etc., might seem to belong in the same box to an English speaker.

WE

The only Latin language that sounds Slavic is Romanian, as we are basically slavic Roman-slaves.

Thats brazilian portuguese.Only european portuguese sounds slavic

WUZ

The end of the words with s we say sh and the accent that we speak sounds slavic too because it's not in a emotional way

Portuguese sounds Slavic as fuck, though. The Portuguese are Slavs who got lost on their way back from raiding Constantinople.

MOORS

I'm proud of being slav.

Nothing wrong with that my slavic brother

World's longest flank.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if OP actually wasn't fooling around.

Why is Estonia so much better than rest of the Balts?

Portugal is Moor, senpai.

Brazil is black

It sounds slavic because of their S, SH, D and L sounds. I was in the London's tube once and two qts were talking, at first I was convinced they were slavs till I started to pay attention to their conversation and started to get some words.

Brazilian portuguese is easier to understand but it's atrocious. Iberian portuguese is much more pleasant. Brazilians speak like their voice cracks all the time.

Because Estonia is Bestonia

Romanian doesn't sound Slavic, of course it has many words taken from Slavs, but Slavic languages have even more words taken from Romance languages

I always kek hard seeing this

Can they squat though?

No. We don't wear that much adidas either.

Fuck off then m80. You don't deserve to be slavic

No Portuguese here claimed to be Slavic. we just sound Slavic.

Ukrainians here are pretty cool, though.

It's a pretty interesting story, that battle. Really shows how strategy and knowledge of your technical capabilities can turn a battle.

This desu.
When this happens I first think «those slavs look like spics, they might be from ex-yugoslavia or gypsies» and then I grasp some words and I figure out they are portuguese.

That's interesting, yea, but I'm even more interested how those travellers saw exotic cultures - I'm reading pic related right now.

Neat. Our scholars were pretty instrumental in keeping our colonies together and in keeping our presence wanted for long.

It also helped gathering slaves and local pilots to cross harsher parts of the journeys and help us repair ships.

>Brazilian portuguese is easier to understand but it's atrocious. Iberian portuguese is much more pleasant.
If I remember correctly one Portuguese writer called Brazilian vernacular "Portuguese com açucar" and I agree, it's much "sweeter", but both are nice, imho.

I'd agree with it, but only when they are talking quietly and calmly. Bossa Nova is a good example of how sweet and sincere Brazilian can sound. When they chimp out (which does happen, lets be honest), it gets annoying very fast. When they speak too fast the rhythm starts becoming obnoxious.

If you meet an isolated Brazilian with nothing to prove, they usually are really nice here.

You can't really hate this:
youtube.com/watch?v=dRq92vqrVjg

Well, you would know better, my only experience is when I compare Portuguese Euronews to Rede Globo or Rede Record. In Brazil there are also very strong regional differences, for example these Br. TV stations I watch are usually located in SP, so they pronounce "s" like Latin "s", while in Rio (and in Europe) you pronounce it like "sh", BTW, this "sh" sound plus "j" and "ch" are probably the main reason why some people say that Portuguese sounds like Slavic languages (these sounds are very common in all of them), but Portuguese has also nasal vowels and in this case it's quite different - among Slavic languages only Polish has them.

it does sound slavic

Shit it's true

>ITT:
>It "can't" sound because of blah blah

I don't get you people.

Yes. That and the short 1-roll r's we have next to closed vowels, which the Spanish don't have. Brazilians have them less closed, but they still have a few.

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Polish

Why is Poortugal post-soviet tier?

Why is India poo tier?

We're the kind of broke that happens after you buy a nice house, not the kind of broke that can't afford a nice house.

but why aren't you getting dem monies anymore then?

Maintaining the house, basically.

We have a pretty decent NHS, great roads, good cheap-ish universities, somewhat decent transports.

They don't top charts or anything (well, the roads do), but they are still pretty competitive even by Western Europe standards, and especially compared to the former USSR countries.

Not saying that Portugal is former USSR tier, your wages are higher than almost all of them but still boggles my mind

Looking at the map I realize I mostly meant the green ones, and out of those really only the Baltics were USSR.

We're just a bit too far away from the action and too small to have any real pull. Things are starting to look a bit better with more companies coming here. Corruption hasn't helped either, but Italy is even worse than us and can get a slice of the money.

We've had shitty events every 50 years that crash our economy, so the fact we even existed past 1578 is a miracle.

Alright, that makes sense

This thread reminds of my experience in the US.

>Visit US 2 years ago
>Visit a city literally at the end of world because parents want to see the "real america"
>The city is named Hibbing
>It's literally almost a village even by Portuguese standards
>We go to eat at a pizza place called Sammy Pizza or some shit
>Pizza is pretty good
>We start talking in Portuguese to each other when we sit down
>Locals get curious
>They are also super friendly
>They start talking to us
>"You guys look like Europeans , you're tourists right"
>I say yes we're visiting and all that
>"By your language I would say you guys must be from Poland or something or are you not"
>They also use the negative while talking all the fucking time for some reason
>Dad is confused
>"We're from Portugal, bordering Spain, our language is Portuguese"
>Cue eyebrows raising
>"Portuguese is like Spanish is it not, that doesn't sound like Spanish at all"
>30 minutes of my father talking geography and language with random Americans

My bet is Americans aren't used to hearing many languages, so everything sounds different.

Euro Portugal does sound slavic as fuck as seen here though .

POO

SHART

It's just that they have more contact with accents than languages. Euro Portuguese also has almost 0 projection worldwide, so it's not like it's too common to come across it.

Looking at a geographical map it's easy to assume that Portugal and Spain share a lot, but the peninsula is mostly empty and Portugal is very insular in a lot of ways, which can only really be seen in a population or topology map.

LOO

Portuguese are the lost slavic tribe

HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY DOES SOUND LIKE A SLAVIC LANGUAGE

HAHAHAHAAA

Portugal is baltic now, hands off.

Here's an Ukrainian immigrant here speaking Portuguese.

youtu.be/OW84qkzcMk4

Does it sound Slavic?
I'm an immigrant from Northern Europe myself but I never really developed an accent.

>tfw always liked the Balts since my 2 best friends were from there

it really doesn't

sounds like your average spic

no it doesn't, you take that back!!!!
only the south/lisbon accent does.

This accent sounds latin, its from my city.
youtube.com/watch?v=FVMRBKOGsNI

sounds like arabic sometimes
definitely the least latin of romance languages

Care to explain why ?Really curious desu.

Always heard it was Slavic because of the shitload of S and X sounds.

fucken wew

he's baiting zé

>look up Hibbing
>in MINNESOTA
KEK
Of course they'd be surprised and ignorant.
The more rural and midwestern you are, the more and more isolated you are from other cultures.
I don't blame them, honestly, I've never met a Portuguese guy myself.
The only experience I have with someone speaking Portuguese was a Brazilian, and he obviously wasn't yuropean since he looked like a sexier Mexican.

They're were pretty cool consider they're lack of knowledge.

If the average Portuguese were like those dudes this country would be 1000 times better.

>Romanian doesn't sound Slavic
For us Romance speakers it does

Portugal is slavic in their heart

And America is white in our heart, even though it might not be one

Soon.

Autism, the thread

How did Portuguese acquire these sounds, I wonder?
Bij quijijt, Aadaam.

Benis island languages unironically sounds arabic to me.

she's got a shitty accent m8, and I'm from the same region