Will we ever hear more music from him?

i hope n-

yes

I really hope so. The whole situation with his wife made me sad and I hope he is able to handle it well. However a small little part of me is selfish and hopes that he releases an album as emotional as The Glow Pt.2 again.

If he releases another album I think it could be his best, considering what he's been through. But i wouldn't blaim him for not releasing any more material. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your SO and have to raise a daughter all by yourself.

Mount Eerie >> The Glow, Part 2

This

If he does, it's probably going to be the most emotional album he's ever released, and I feel like that says a lot. I'm not prepared.

song islands is actually the best

give it a year at least

It's gonna be like Carrie and Lowell but way better
>song islands
>best

boi

Writing music is an output for a lot of people. Who knows how he will handle it though

anything is better than carrie and lowell

disprove me, simpleton

Carrie and Lowell has more emotion and talent put into it than any album last year, but you probably think Art Angels was the best album of last year so there's really no point arguing with someone who is mentally handicapped.

>has more emotion
Maybe
>and talent
Not even close

It was 100% a step back musically for Sufjan. I like it, it's nice, but please don't overrate it based on feels.

has he ever had a more stripped back album?

who?

Will we ever hear any more music from him?

why would i think that? I like grimes but it was not my favorite. My favorite was ones and sixes by low

tru

Probably not, heard he died or some shit

taking music objectively is kind of bullshit (not 100% bullshit, but sill bullshit.) Just because something it's advanced technically doesn't mean it's not good. Just look at ITAOTS, it's a very simple album but you know why it's a favorite of this board. Emotion. It brings the feels.

not even emotion. When i listened to it i felt nothing. Age of adz on the other hand makes me feel because it isnt fucking boring

>It brings the feels.

One of Sufjan's essential raison d'etre is "bringing the feels", so the fact he did so with C&L isn't outstanding. If you resonated with it, that's fine, but simply using "emotional connection" to elevate an album isn't going to work for anyone else if they don't resonate with it.

It felt like I was just listening to Michigan Sufjan, which after Illinois, ADP, and especially the Age of Adz, is an immense letdown.

ITAOTS is still an advancement or at least a shift from OAI.

the think about michigan is even that album has interesting things going on

wtf i come back and we're talking about Carrie and Lowell lol

I know. Let's stop it.

I don't want Mr. Microphone to sink into an acoustic indie depression over this.

I want him to embrace it with the intensity of black metal and the occasional eleven minute drone synth track.

Sure, it's a step back instrumentally. But the instumentation isn't really what Sufjan wanted to put in front of c&l, it's all about the lyrics, c+l is a way more personal album than Sufjan has ever put out before. I can definitely how some people think it's a step back but i don't think it is I just think it's Sufjan at his most intimate.

Winds Poem is easily Phil's most underrated album

I'd say Ocean Roar is incredibly underrated. Wind's Poem is often said to be the best Mount Eerie album, which in all honestly it might be. But Ocean Roar has this atmosphere to it which I love.

>+l is a way more personal album than Sufjan has ever put out before

Please actually pay attention when listening to Age of Adz because it is actually more personal than C&L.

If there is a Mount Eerie album that's underrated, it's No Flashlight, I think it totally nails the atmosphere Phil was going for