Is he Sup Forums approved?

Is he Sup Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1_hdM1NGf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no
not wimpy enough

Novelty.

His first three, maybe four albums, yes.

this

Portrait 10/10
Antichrist 10/10
Mechanical 10/10
Holy wood 8/10
Golden age 5/10
Eat me Drink me 8/10
High end 2/10
Born villain 7/10
Pale emperor 9/10

Portrait 9/10
Antichrist 10/10
Mechanical 8/10
Holy wood 8/10
Golden age 5/10
Eat me Drink me 3/10
High end 2/10
Born villain 5/10
Pale emperor 7/10

this. I'd put mechanical lower though. I liked it but it was just too much of a Bowie rip off to irk me

Spot on.

Man I must be broken because I think Eat Me Drink Me is his best, followed by Antichrist and mechanical animals

EMDM is the quintessence of mallgoth

Those albums are awesome and are more relatable if you've gone through the same material

Oh goody, here he is, fucking Marie-Lynn Mason AGAIN. What did he do this time? Burn a bible? Rip on "white trash"? Say bad words like "fuck" and "shit" in his songs? Wow, did I get it right??? Of course I did, because he's only done this shit a million-gajillion times in the past. Great, dude, you like this Allison Cooper for Hot Topic kids, good for you. Now go join the 3,000,000 other broken condom products and their tacklebox faces and leave this board, because you don't belong here. We listen to real music, not old men who are doing the same shit they were doing when their fanbase was in diapers.

>Real music
>Just because something is more popular than my shitty indie bands, it's not "real" music.

Portrait of an American Family (3/10)
Antichrist Superstar (10)
Mechanical Animals (8/10)
Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) (6/10)
The Golden Age of Grotesque (3/10)
Eat Me Drink Me (2/10)
The High End of Low (3/10)
Born Villain (4/10)
Pale Emperor (4/10)

>hey look Sup Forums I'm a cock sucking faggot

I love this pasta

You know I'm right. The Triptych was the only thing worth listening to. Everything else was mall gothy, pseudo-intellectual Hot-Topic-core.

>he

I loved Holywood. Still listen to it to this day

I think all his albums except for Eat me Drink Me and Born Villian are great.

No, the majority of Sup Forums is too young

Eat me Drink me has a couple good tracks on it, it's definitely not a completely irredeemable album. Even High end of Low has some tracks that are good fun to listen to, even if they aren't contributing a hell of a lot.

Born Villain bored me kind of, but I remember liking one track from it.

People here tend to go "Thing is either excellent top tier album" or "It's complete shit that you should feel bad for enjoying", which is dumb. Most albums have something good about them.

I think that high end of low is a very strong album. Not perfect but better than its made out to be.

I'd have to agree, compare it to pretty much anything else released and it's evidently well above average, I'd probably rank it around 6 or maybe 7, because it doesn't really have a whole heap of impact, but it's got some really good songs on it, there's only a couple from what I remember that are bad.

It's definitely not a 3/10 or whatever people are saying it is at this point.

Fuck no, it's just Manson fucking around, it has almost nothing going for it

Some good tracks, a bit inconsistent as far as entire albums go. I'm glad he introduced me to Gary Numan's older stuff, Down in the Park is amazing.

It's almost like an album doesn't need to be serious to be good. It can just be enjoyable.

And as I said, compare it to some of the other trash that gets released, it's well above average.

no but it needs to be seriously done, which is obviously not the case

if it's meant to be a joke it's a half-assed one

and everyone knows top 40 pop is not a valid standard

I disagree. There's plenty of albums that aren't super serious that are still good, there's even bands that overall just write silly stuff that are really good bands.

I'm not talking top 40 pop, I'm talking overall, even in the genre of metal, it's way above the average album that gets released. Not the average super high profile album, but the average album overall. It's dumb to call an album below average when it's clearly not.

New video was just released (for Cat People):
youtube.com/watch?v=A1_hdM1NGf4

yes but that silly stuff is seriously DONE

thought, talent and efforts are put into them, the band tries to make it as good as they can

THEOL reeks of laziness

Portrait is the best

Do you have any evidence that this album isn't at all seriously done? It's well mixed, well performed, there's not really any evidence of them just going "yeah it's good enough".

it's very lazily written and the production is horribly basic and unimaginative.

>THEOL reeks of laziness
Intentionally so, I'd say. He used old material he had laying around because he was forced to make it by his record label when he had lost interest in music. He even acknowledges that it was not a good album and doesn't play any of the songs from it live.

And yet it was advertised as "as great as antichrist superstar"

You could just listen to it. It's bland rock.
The only track that stands out is WOW and even then it'd have been more at home on TGAOG as a parody of dumb pop

Advertised by who? I read the forums daily for info about the album, downloaded the leaks and I don't really remember that.

I remember that from magazine review extracts being used on physical ads

That's not evidence, that's an opinion.

What artist would say opposite? Even if this was true, they're not going to go "YEah this is a shit album don't buy it"

I have listened to it, I'm not seeing what makes it on the same level as songs where you can barely tell what's going on it's mixed so badly, the instruments aren't performed with any level of talent, and the lyrics are incredibly poor.

It has some dull songs, but it has a few good ones too, which is why I think 6 is a fair rating. Just slightly above average.

Holy shit your standards are fucking abysmal
if you're comparing it to amateur indieshit obviously it's gonna sound stellar but this is Marilyn Manson for fuck's sake.

>a few good ones too
like what?
it only gets decent (not good, decent) when it apes TGAOG, where he was already aping himself

That's not on Manson's camp though. It's not like he singled out some blogger and said "That's the quote I want on magazine ads!"

I think 6 is fair too and I'm a fanboy. I rarely listen to the album, but there are some decent tracks on it. Leave A Scar, Blank and White & We're From America. It's definitely the low-point in his career album wise though.

I remember Trent lurking the forums waiting for We're From America to be released. He only popped his head out once to reply snidely to a mention of him. It was pretty funny.

I remember Trent lurking the forums waiting for We're From America to be released. He only popped his head out once to reply snidely to a mention of him. It was pretty funny.

tell us more

>Implying Trent hasn't gotten his shit fucked up just as much as Manson

And he is saying that the album above average overall. Compared to other Manson albums it will seem weaker because he has great albums.

I think it is a good album with a few duds. The production isnt horrible and it is stronger than some of his other albums.

There's nothing more to it, he just made 1-2 posts that night and none of them were about Manson (or the single), but they were in the Manson thread. I thought it was nice that he was still interested in Manson, despite the feud.

Unrelated, but I wonder where PIG would be today, if Trent had given him as much attention and promotion as he did Manson.

Ratings are pointless if you're not going to compare it to released music overall. If someone releases a string of 10/10 albums, then an 8/10 one, should we call it 4/10 because it's so far below the normal quality of what they release, despite it still being a good album? That would be retarded, you have to compare it to everything else that's out.

See
I agree about WOW too, that's a track that did stand out for me on the album.

Art music (a much maligned term) relies upon mood, the texture of an environment or image and the infamous layers of meaning. Manson is one of the more accessible visionaries simply because his surreal style is legitimately rebellious and not as heavily referential as other artists. With an avant-gardist such as Manson you are very free to enjoy it and intepret it as you will. The High End of Low is one of his more clear works and if you found it boring it is either because its many messages and the feelings it intended to convey are not suited to your own mindset, or you are just not a very intelligent person. I am not a massive fan of the Triptych, many of its illuminiscent moments seem very forced, childlike, and transparent. His conceptual masterpiece and most mature work is ultimately The High End of Low where the surrealism is largely submerged into pure tone, those obvious wtf moments are the stronger because of it. Pure ideology.

Where is this copypasta from? I've never seen it before, but I realized it was a troll from the 2nd sentence.

If it's not original, probably amazing atheist, he's a huge autist about manson, throws a tantrum whenever anyone criticises him.

Check some of the reviews on theneedledrop for proof, he rants in the comments of the manson ones, did on pale emperor for sure.

Nah, it's clearly a troll or a copypasta.

I remember him from back in the day, I think he was even banned from Manson forums for being too much.

I'd assume it's original, didn't show up when I googled it, but amazing atheist's not any better than he was back then either, there's a huge rant in the pale emperor's review where he explains how it's the best thing ever.

Haven't heard anything on the level of the whole banana scandal for a while though.

so true

Antichrist Superstar is legitimately a masterpiece, probably too edgy for your sweater wearing Sup Forumstant

i don't think there was a scandal. he just showed a banana up the butt.

>showed
wow i'm retarded

Well, that's like saying there was no scandal when bill clinton had an affair because he just fucked another woman.

Go cut yourself, nu-male.

Of all the things you could call a Manson fan, you chose the one that doesn't apply at all? How retarded are you?

The definitive rating of Manson's discography

PoAF: 7/10
ACS: 8/10
MA: 8.5/10
Hollywood: 7.5/10
GAoG: 6.5/10
EMDM: 6/10
HEoL: ~
BV: ~
PE: 6.5/10

ACSS is objectively superior to MA

nah

This actually

I'd switch High End and Born Villains ratings. Eat me Drink me is underrated in my opinion I don't get why it's considered his worst besides the less angst.

he is a fuckin nazi

potrait: 7/10
antichrist: 8/10
mechanical: 9/10
holy wood: 6/10
golden age: 4/10
eat me: 4/10
high end: 4/10
born villain: 6/10
pale emperor: 6/10

and that is bad, how?

I didn't listen music made by neo-Nazis
its pretty simple

So what do you like ?
i promise if its good i wont shit on you

its simple you can't be fan of someone who think killing the humanity is cool. Thats so weird/edgy kid. Marilyn manson is for teenagers or kids, you need to grow up and get a life

he's actually not a nazi tho, you have no evidence to support the fact that he is

look dat picture with swastikas bro

he has some nazis tattoos too

I made it myself from this

If you think Marilyn Manson is a nazi, you're legitimately an idiot.

is he a commie or what?

I dunno bro but he is the ugliest musician in the world for sure. Well that Bradford Cox is so fucking disgusting too

Early stuff is really really good but he dropped in quality in the 2000s

seems like the eminem of metal

industrial

Not industrial.

except one interview where manson said they all pretty much did it in one take. "it's raw", "why question it?"

Pale Emperor is his best work to date imo.
looking at some of this acoustic versions from High End of Low and Pale Emperor I wouldn't mind him doing a completely gothic americana/ alt country type of album. I wouldn't doubt he would be able to knock it out the park

Eat Me Drink Me is one of my favorites of his also, up there with the rest. I was going though a bad divorce at the time I i can get where he is coming from with the album.