youtube.com/watch?v=2UvXcU6UhDM
youtu.be/qYoWZgY2HAk
youtube.com/watch?v=NWDAjOsTYC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cuz im in too deep

and I'm trying to keep

Personally really like it

pretty good

Pop Punk is a really open genre. But some of my favorite bands are considered "pop punk" for example Modern Baseball, The Wonder Years, Joyce Manor, Marietta, and Tiny Moving Parts. Not all will agree these are good bands of course but they always have a special place in my heart.

There's some really dope Pop Punk out there.

garbage.

Sum 41 rock my socks off

god tier music to throw on and not give a fuck about it

JUST
U
S
T

he used to look like my ex boyfriend

The Wonder Years is gr8

>tfw no qt punk gf

[spoiler] im a guy[/spoiler]

I wish the spoiler tag worked on Sup Forums

CRAAAAAAWWWWWLING INNNN MY SKIIN

>pic unrelated

early 2000s the genre

Jimmy Eat World is really good, as far as mainstream pop punk goes. The more emo stuff like Braid from the late 90s is rad too.

It's basically an oxymoronic label. I guess there are a few decent pop punk bands, but I've never listened to any.

Does Dookie-era Green Day or Americana-era The Offspring count as pop punk?

Yes, they count.

bands like green day started off as punk but went major label later and remained good musicians, that's good pop punk, but then there are bands like sum 41 which were just born into the mainstream as mtv's posterboys, for that I don't even consider them pop punk, instead, just pop

Music for edgy teenagers with undeveloped taste

ALL THE BLOOD

been listening to a lot of it lately for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=2UvXcU6UhDM

I like it, but the new blink-182 album is really shit. No riffs, awful production and mixing, nothing interesting at all

Which pop? I mean, for example, both Kraftwerk and Lady Gaga produce pop music.

Trash

Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182 Blink 182

Nothing special.
But it sounds pretty cool and i am yet to meet a person who hates it.

Also i grew up with Sum41, so they have a very special place in my heart.

comfy, fun with amusing stories and themes relatable to the middle class white teenage market circa 1995-2005.

I fucking love The Wonder Years

Well it's not quite pop, and it's not quite punk but man...

for me 90% shit 10% absolute gold.

im quite new to the genre, my mates started a band and they have started to make some ground so i thought i might check them out and they are pretty sweet, opened my eyes to some great bands.

Is pop punk the best genre to listen to during summer vacations?

Is he sick?

>green day started off as punk
Really nigga?

Sum 41 is great

It's fun teenager music that makes me think of an early 00's high school pool party

youtu.be/qYoWZgY2HAk

I love pop punk

Nah, just a little scared from when Gilbert had to talk him down from the water tower

Never had enough DIY cred to wear the punk badge.

Literally all these bands got where they did slobbering on corporate schlong and doing their very best Green Day impresion; bullshit British accent and all. Shameless.

Oh shit, I didn't see the "punk" part.

>bands like green day started off as punk
looks like they tricked another kid into thinking they're punk with labelism

I think so yes

marietta is emo and theyre fucking incredible. wonder years is pop punk and they also are fucking incredible. modern baseball has gotten pretty meh for me especially their new album

name one punk song green day did

i like it desu

youtube.com/watch?v=NWDAjOsTYC8

There aren't enough pop punk bands who play d-beat and skank-beats at around 200bpm. We need more shit like NOFX.

The Dismemberment Plan > Sum 41 > Green Day > Simple Plan > Blink 182

Sounds like typical shitty american genre, real punks would beat the shit out of all gayfans with a little help of baseball bats and combat boots. Adding "pop" to "punk" is just an insult. Oi !

lmao what an embarrassing post

There's a few decent groups out there but most of it is garbage geared towards angsty middle schoolers, who make up most of the genre's audience.

Hahaha
>tfw Sum 41 would kick GG Allin's ass in a fight.

i like the pop more than the punk. most of the albums that i like(d) were pretty much just pop rock, like American Idiot, Lights & Sounds, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, not much beyond those actually unless someone has some rec or something

punk was cancer anyways and deserved to be killed off

lol

ITT:sum 41 shills

>sum 41 shills
A band so underrated they deserve shills.

agreed, pop punk is superior to the edgy manchild tryhards in punk.

check out Masked Intruder if you like sugary sweet cheezy love songs, Direct Hit!'s album Brainless God that hearkens back to 90s pop punk sonically but thematically brings something new to the table, and Crusades - The Sun Is Down and the Night Is Riding In for a dark pop punk album that touches on metal and shoegaze

Dookie was the first album I ever liked on my own. I still like it

Embarrassing is this genre called "pop punk" where those gaylords don't even know what punk is all about

Oh boy, another 12 year old who pretends that shit punk is better than the patrician masterpieces of Sum 41.

>gaylords

Are you even /bluecollar/ user, or are you just another edgy faggot living off of your parents? If it's the latter, then try to be less of a poser. I know high school is hard, but it'll be over soon.

Me too ;)

now you have