Why do Americans do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly a good question

I couldn't tell you why anyone would do this

Probably because they want a big cheap house and don't think what will happen when it rains or the wind blows
I bet all those houses are made of plywood with those manky rubber imitation tiles on the roof as well

To waste water

Because were retarded and wasteful.

Boomers

Thank god suburbs are dying.

We enjoy irritating you

iy goves ùe a boner.

the defeated inidians see the whites settling deserts and making them green, reminding them their inferiotiy to those who conquered them.

I often do this in minecraft.
pretty much cool way to boast an artificial power against nature.

>iy goves ùe a boner.

holy shit I meant it gives me a boner.
that looked like some welsh.

Remind me of Caesar 3.

Let me guess, Arizona

Why do they do what? Live in a desert/other low density area in detached houses?
I'm sure there are nice and cozy neighborhoods that don't look as artificial as the one from your pic, but not everyone can afford it. What's the alternative?
Could be Nevada as well.

it's cheap and they don't give a fuck about wasting water and gas

Why do chinks do this?

Looks really comfy actually.

Both of these are examples of why humanity will not survive for much longer.

>implying the neo-cyberpunk future will not be glorious

Where else are they supposed to live? A country with this many citizens can't afford to give each one of them a pretty apartment.

low iq

They are ants.

urbanization

Why do chinks do this?

What a cute chink :3

People gotta live somewhere.

1.45 billion people are hard to house

Plenty of reasons.

The United States is effectively an individualistic and car-centric society. Owning a house is seen as a sign of wealth and independence. Since properties tend to be comparatively costly in urban areas versus the suburbs, the majority of middle- and middle-upper class people opt to live in communities which are segregated from their city. Relatively cheap land and construction materials ensure that developers can seize up a plot, raise similar houses all across it, and be assured a market.

Suburbs are also regarded as being more child- and family-friendly than the innards of large cities. That's true, to an extent. Many American metropolitan areas have increased problems with crime (ostensibly caused by the poor, with a disproportionate representation by minorities). Suburban school districts also tend to be better-funded compared to their urban counterparts, as those with money and resources tend to get farther away from "downtown" when they can afford to do so; exceptions exist, of course, a la New York and San Francisco.

However, that trend can be readily noticed in many Midwestern cities in the United States. Much of Chicago is run-down and decrepit. Detroit has been all but abandoned, save for by lower-class blacks, with money and white skin dancing out into satellite cities like Livonia (formerly the "Whitest City in America"), Farmington Hills, Troy, and Rochester. These cities generally have small downtown areas, office districts, and a large area encompassed mostly by suburban communities.

Blame it on cars, individualism, and the mid-twentieth century notion that property is an infallible investment.

Privacy.

because we can, to annoy jealous europoors

Why are you called Poo in Loos when you don't actually poo in loos? Shouldn't you be called Poo in Streets? Pls respond

It's because of this song
youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

>Much of Chicago is run-down and decrepit.
Kek, you have no idea what you are talking about. What part of "Chicago" are you referring to? The city proper or the suburbs?

Born and raised in the United States. Muh heritage is Irish, Polish, and Russian.

Lived in Delhi for a year and have spent most of the last month in Jaipur. I've heard persistent rumors of there being "designated" streets here in the capital of Rajasthan but I've yet to see any.

It's way more common to see people pissing on walls and along train tracks than shitting outside. You don't see much of that unless you go to really out of the way villages or big-city slums like Dharavi in Mumbai. Since I'm not fluent in Hindi, I mainly hang out with middle-class and upper-middle-class Indians. They all have proper loos.

>not sure why I gave that an actual response

If you build a house outside the city limits, is it true that you can avoid paying some taxes? As in you only pay to county -> state -> nation

I don't know, you stupid faggot. Have you ever been to South Chicago or across the river to the west?

Yeah, the Loop is fine. So is Lincoln Park. Between 25%-50% of the city is a crime-infested shit-hole, and you're a total moron if you don't agree.

Wow this one is actually really fucking retarded.

there is still A LOT of space in China, it's just that many rural people move into the cities in the east because the economy is booming there. this pic is probably from Hong Kong btw, which has a big mountain terrain so they have to build dense where they can on the island, mostly around the coast area

>kek, poo in the loo got triggered
calm down, brown boy. look up 'gentrification'.
do you know how to use google street view?

Because their fragile cardboard houses would collapse under the weather conditions and weight of the snow.

cant imagine the amount of dust inside that house

I live in mid-Michigan.

Unlike you, I have money to purchase and use a passport. Accordingly, I'm not a fucking idiot who denies American problems to a stranger on the internet out of some misplaced sense of nationalism.

because we can

>I have money to purchase and use a passport
How much do passports cost in the US?

That's so weird

>I have money to purchase and use a passport.
what

pic related

Can't remember - I got mine a while back.

They're not particularly expensive. I think mine was in the neighborhood of $120. Of course, that much money would be a small fortune to shitposting kids.

Also, do note my phrasing. "Money to purchase AND use" a passport.

Fucking illiterate Burgers. You people give the rest of us a bad name.

no one cares

t. rekt

Agreed, but much of it is disproportionately on the minorities. You are right in that suburbs are where most Americans live, hence why so-called "metro areas" are often a better gauge for the size of American cities.

When you believe you're the centre of the world/civilisation/human history, the only direction that makes sense is up.

Hopefully their construction bubble comes to a crash soon, and everyone changes to SEA sweatshops.

>the rest of us
kek, really go triggered

be careful he is so butthurt he will report you. my comments get deleted.

I would agree with that was well. America's crime rate would be reduced substantially if poor blacks were to disappear overnight.

Not sure if it's fair to use the word "minorities" broadly, though. Aside from African-Americans and a handful of Hispanics, most ethnic minorities wind up in jail or in court significantly less than their white counterparts. Ching-chongs, Poos, and African-Africans all tend to earn well and stay out of trouble.

wow is he a mod here. comments got deleted so quickly. it never happens

What if we live in a simulation and America is just a game of Sim City?

What's wrong with that? Everyone gets their own nice looking house

who cares?

wew lad it's like living in the middle of a construction site

b-but muuh nature and desert!!1

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Saw this documentary about a chink construction team who have to create an apartment complex every two weeks just to keep up with the growth in cities.

These buildings can't be held together with anything safe.

I read it as some form of colonial french creol nigger speech.

To show our mastery over the Earth and its peoples.

I dont think ppl realize how much room/real estate americans have. In yurop everything is packed dense as fuck...

>the rest of us
kek,

what if you need to destroy the one in the middle?

>all this sand and heat everywhere around you

It's mainly because, as says, all those 1.45 billion people all want to live in the same fucking area.

A bit like if the whole USA wanted to live in New York and New Jersey.

to expand their creep

don't forget the cazadores and tarantulas

>all that snow and cold and depression around you

>pajeet tries so hard to convince us he is amerikin

will that little girl in pink grow up and become like her mom?

Wait, do you people have municipal taxes?

suburb looks comfy
i was born in a balkan mountain village and when watching movies american suburbs look comfy as fuck

can any american from suburbs tell me how is life there?

you do realize that this is an extreme case like most of the stuff posted here. suburbs in general are fine. safe and spacious. but you have to drive everywhere. some like it some dont