Is this album overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyC0rXYSqd0
youtube.com/watch?v=FnXPz2bIaFU
youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvw0U-bRXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Why?

Better then anything you could come up with drunk, high, and dick half way down a dudes throat.

Every album that's massively popular is overrated.

Just enjoy it and stop caring if it's too popular to be cool.

Seriously, people need to form their own fucking opinions, and not care what anybody else thinks.

what did he mean by this?

Overrated based on what? Critics like it but it's not like it gets constantly jacked off like some worse albums topping a dumb list. It's a great album, fantastic even so it deserves praise and the legacy.
Only thing overblown is that it's not exactly super innovative and it's not even that much different than Hunky Dory and The man who sold the world which are just as great, some would say better.

Did Bowie have an opinion on Kanye

I love Bowie and heard every album he put out.
Although Ziggy Stardust is the album that drew me to listen to him, and it's a nice album, in my opinion, it is overrated. At first, this was my most favourite Bowie album, but as the years went by I realised that Hunky Dory, Low, Heroes, Station to Station are far better. I think most people just really like the album's bangers like "Starman", "Moonage Daydream", "Ziggy Stardust", and maybe a couple more so they think it is David Bowie's best album, and although "Five Years" is in my top Bowie tracks, this album is definitely not his best and is even not in my top 5, it is overrated, but still pretty good.

Not mentioning "rock n roll suicide"....

listing of hits from Ziggy Stardust was clearly not my point

Am I a contrarian if Heathen is my favorite Bowie album?

You're definitely in the minority.

No

I listened to it on its entirety for about 3 times already and I still don't get the appeal.

>yfw one of the best songs from Hunky Dory was left off of Hunky Dory
youtube.com/watch?v=iyC0rXYSqd0

Weird seeing Bowie start off with a chorus, something I don't think he did again until Let's Dance

ziggy just sounds magical and instantly nostalgic to me

yeah. so's every album that has been lauded to that degree

music fans are hyperbolic by nature but does the occasional cringeworthy comment praising "Kid A" as the holy grail of music from a fairly new music fan make me enjoy that record any less? nah

the hunky dory bonus tracks are amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=FnXPz2bIaFU

I'm in between which Supermen version I like more, I've heard both of them, but they both have good and bad parts about them.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvw0U-bRXw

Have you heard some of this stuff? It's some sessions for an old new album he was going to put out, "The Gouster"

Bowie is a peadophile scumbag

9/10
there you go punks

oh wow, didn't know that
that first part reminds of candidate

The production on this album is fucking amazing. Like literal perfection. Layers and layers and layers each holding to the whole but not intruding on another.

People need to understand how important Mick Ronson because I really don't think Bowie was capable of this kind of technical perfection.

Oh yeah, I can hear that
Most of the Gouster session stuff went into Young Americans, but it was around the same time as Diamond Dogs so that's not too far to say that it was influenced/did influence some of DD

No, it probably clashes with Electric Warrior for greatest glam rock album of all time.

Yes

no. its perfect

Slightly.

I always found this gender-bending obnoxious, no matter how many hipster will cry now...

Yes, diamond dogs is better

lol, johnson