youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9jk6qk6TI
rondomusic.com/product8795.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for sexy guitars

Who made this?

Google tells me KOZM guitars made it

>clyp.it/hjvo4zst
it's shit

Lads, besides Reverb and eBay, what other online shops do you guys buy used items from?

I'm looking to buy a used Dispatch Master for $130.

What in the actual fuck is that? I feel sorry for whoever paid to have that thing made.

I almost always find the best deals on craigslist. GC's website sometimes has some decent deals on used pedals too.

finally getting away from just playing scales up and down for my lead stuff, rate my cool little tune i made
--------------------------5-7-5---------------------------------------
----------------------7-9-------9-7-------------------------------------
------------------8-9--------------9-8---------------------------------
-------------9-11---------------------11-9-----------------------------
-------11-12-------------------------------12-11--------------------------
-12-14-------------------------------------------12-14-------------------

is the gretsch pro jet worth picking up?

Don't quit your day job.

>GC's website

good but the tax+shipping ruins the price

I'm a fingerstyle guitarist and have been playing for maybe 3 and a half years? As for projects, posted my first video the other day. Might start uploading to YouTube and SoundCloud semi-regularly. Vid if you're interested: youtu.be/Ro0tp-Qob7E (SoundCloud link for the audio in description if you don't care for watching it being played)

>quacky, zingy, piezo tone
gross

What did you use to mic that shit up with? It could have sounded 20 times better just from that.

Guitar Center has the best prices on used stuff but they rarely have boutique pedals. Reverb and ThGearPage for sale forum is your best bet for that.

stop being a faggot

Dude that's just the dorian mode with an augmented seventh, you're not away from playing scales at all.
I'm betting this is the ltd ex/squier bullet guy

I learned the first three chords and feel like I can switch between them and strum fairly accurately and quickly, should I just move onto the next "set" of chords or should I actually try to learn a song using the ones I know? Justinguitar's "just move on when you feel like it :)" approach really doesn't help me at all.

stop using under-saddle piezos on acoustics. they always sound like shit

Add in one more chord.

And another.

And another.

And move on to playing with barre chords in addition.

just b urself

Are modern Big Muffs any good? I want that Billy Corgan distortion sound and hear Big Muff is the way to go.

Yeah they're awesome, don't buy into the cork sniffer bullshit.

do yourself a favor and learn the CAGED system as soon as you nailed the basic open chords

I've played acoustic guitar since I was six, but the only electric guitars I've ever own we're junk shit guitars for a $100 that were Christmas gifts from when I was like eight. I've been learning finger style and I'm intermediate on it, I love shoegaze and post-rock guitar the most, but also would like to be able to have a little bite to it. What electric should I get?

new daily practice routine
pastebin.com/ctv6ckKD
that's the joke dipshit

STRAT, the nicest one you can afford.

also it's not dorian, it's the major scale

Make up your own stuff, user. That's what I did when I was starting learn. Learn some more chords, all the basics, and then use them to make your own songs, mess around with stuff while doing it. It's easiest to remember and learn when it's straight from your imagination

Which fender champ is considered the best?
What about between x2 and 12?

learn songs for what you know while continuing to learn the major and minor of every chord

I second the Strat call.

Ik it's not great sound quality. The sound is directly from an amp. Maybe I should try eliminating all gain next time. Any recommendations for affordable mics?

I have a modern one and I honestly can't tell the difference between older models and the one i have

you sound like the type of person who would like teles. get yellow tele

SM-57 if you can afford the $99, do a search for cheap alternatives if you can't.

Secondhand is also always cheaper, but if you buy online you always run the risk of it being shite.

That one is if you absolutely must record through amp. If you want to record the guitar directly, get something like AKG perception 170. That one is no longer manufactured, but you shouldn't have issues finding one.

if you're going to spend hundreds of dollars on an amp to get the tone you want, you should be willing to spend a hundred on a good mic to capture the sound you've spent all that money creating

Thanks so much. I'll look into it. I don't have to record through amp. Do you think I'd be better off recording guitar directly?

Oh this amp I got for like 100 back when I bought my electric and it just so happens to be capable of recording like this. But yeah, point taken.

In that video there was zero fucking bass. It sounded plinky as fuck. I haven't touched a piezo acoustic since my father bought one over 20 years ago, that Takamine didn't sound quite that piddly.

>tfw short, stubby fingers and pig palms that make them look even shorter
>tfw see lanklets with bony spider fingers playing

I asked this 2 days ago but I went afk after 2 replies.

I want a cheap multifx that can emulate a bunch of pedals decently so that I know what kind of sound I'd like. That means decent drives and fuzzes as well, not just good modulations. What should I get? Debating on the RP360 vs the G3 right now.

>inb4 get real pedals you cheap fuck

I have stubby fingers with arthritis that grows worse every year and I still play 24 3/4" scale Gibsons.

Deal with it.

should i get a rickenbacker

Oh, idk I thought the bass was fine for this one. I can try turning it up a bit next time if you think that'd make it sound better. I guess it's personal preference. I also haven't heard of the term piezo, but I don't believe that's what mine is considering I've never heard of it. I guess I just have a habit of featuring higher notes.

The Line 6 M13 sounds like it would be up your alley. It's actually pretty good though, you might not even need to upgrade.

>respond to a craigslist ad for a guitar pedal
>old lady answers the phone
>"Hi, I'm calling for Larry in response to the craigslist ad for a guitar pedal"
>"Larry. LARRY. LARRY! TELEPHONE FOR YOU"
>"what."
>"Hi I'm calling about the Ibanez Tube Screamer you have listed on craigslist"
>"Yeah, you and about 50 other people. It's gone"
>*hangs up on me*

Well that was weird.

Piezo mics sit under the bridge and deliver practically zero of the resonance from the body of the guitar. They're meant to compliment the sound, not deliver all the sound.

Get a tele man

Mmm so like the sound that is being run through the amp via the pickup isn't full in the first place?

Typically, the way a piezo acoustic is used is you usually mix the signal from the piezo with the signal from a mic set up for the guitar itself.

It probably sounds fine in your room, because you're getting the sound from the body resonating. What's on the video is the sound of the strings at the bridge and nothing more.

yes

Yea but it's so expensive :/

That's just a bullshit crutch

Discontinued boss multi fx

Boss ME-80.

My cousin said he uses LetGo it's like CL

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/5710586662.html
I'm about to get stabbed for one in an hour

The regular 1x10 Combo then you can get an extension cab for $100-150 and you get best of both worlds

i still make big stretches but it just makes me so jealous when i see guys with hands like that

some good vids on counterpoint i found
youtube.com/watch?v=x7epqFDXN_U
youtube.com/watch?v=flgrVEE0eHQ

Anyone want to buy a 2002 Gibson Flying V? Idk what exact model it is but it comes with a OGHC and has crescent moon inlays. Chicago music exchange is selling it for $450 and free shipping I believe

Headstock. I wish I didn't buy my Epi V for $325 Last spring.

i want to fuck it but i don't know how

You definitely have a piezo on that guitar, and by the sound of it, it's the under-saddle variety. It has nothing to do with what notes you're playing, its the way you're amplifying and recording.

anyone tried the Lace Dirty Heshers pickup set?

i know that this is kind of unrelated but does anyone know whats the name of the haircut josh homme has in this video?

Buy it and sell the Epi.

oops forgot the video sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=jA0tuIrtvAI

"The emo faggot".

That thing is sweet, really nice upgrades. Just my style.

G3 is great but not so much for drive. G5n is great for drive and amps but a lot more limited for delay and reverb. Also, you can't do anything crazy with the expression pedal.

Boss units have great drives but not great amps in my opinion.

Used they're around $250. If I were you I would just get a guitar to USB cable and Pirate amplitube/Guitar Rig. You'll be able to get good emulations of pedals/amps/rack units etc..

Much better than a low end MultiFx anyways.

I like my Epi though, this V is better but I like the Black/Gold/Creme combo it's got. Plus my Epi has a Wider V shape to it. I like it but it wouldn't be worth the hassle

I didn't die! It's best to shit though, I might get lucky and find out its one of the old ones.

But amplitube doesn't run on Linux

If you're using Linux as your recording OS, you're doing it wrong.

Thoughts on the Keeley Caverns? I'm torn between the EQD Dispatch Master and this thing. Anybody have experiences with these two pedals?

>guitar to USB cable
i prefer mono USB to stereo MIDI

>can afford.
>implying I can afford a strat

Buy yourself an Ibanez or a PRS SE if you can afford, don't listen to the tele/strat memelords.

just get a MIM. i hear they're not bad

What pedal should I get to emulate this sound? Doesn't sound like my Chorus or Vibrato pedals, is it a flanger? Thinking of a Boss DC-2 clone, closest I've heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9jk6qk6TI

why would you want to sound like that? sounds gross

Your opinion, I think it's a great sound.

Try this rondomusic.com/product8795.html

>tfw don't have to worry about pedals, pickups, or amps
>can just sit down and play, the tone is an extension of my ability, not some electronic effect

Anyone else know this feeling?

Hi grandpa

>Perfect for many musical styles including rock, jazz, blues and Christian.
>$119.95

Pretty sure he said he wasn't in the market for a toy.

They're also not sold second hand here very often.
The ones in stores are like $600+. American strats second hand can be gotten for $750+ so I could just as well spend a little extra.

yup, except more people can hear me because I have an amplifier.

>post rock
>bite
tele
but really anything works

A couple condenser mics, a PA, and I'm golden.
Guitar amps don't even give a very accurate sound because they're voiced to be very mid rangey.

ok, you're still gay though

>be boutique guitar builder
>need new design for a new guitar
>take existing design from a big manufacturer
>shit it up by reshaping the design into something that looks like it has fetal alcohol syndrome
>add tacky finish
>that'll be 5k USD please

fucking why

guitar leslie, chorus comes nearest

because people don't want "new" designs, for the most part. They want the guitar that their idol used, which is INVARIABLY a Fender or Gibson model. If it's a Gibson model, you can't just straight-up copy it without getting into legal trouble. Some Fender models you can copy without issue (like the Telecaster or Stratocaster, barring the shape of the peghead).

Alternatively, the builder wants to "express their creativity" when they haven't fucking got any.

By featuring I meant how the volume being higher for treble

Y-you too.