Scaruffi's evaluation of Daft Punk

Scaruffi just got D R O P P E D so hard.
Explain yourself, Scaruffifags.

6 and 6.5 aren't that bad of ratings from him.

6 = buy if you are fan of the band
7 = buy eventually

I don't know how you can defend liking Daft Punk. Do you also go cry when someone disses Gorillaz?

Right, it shouldn't be that high.

I like that he thinks Homework is their best. Very underrated album.

Homework is the monotone detroit techno-influenced album so of course the italian sperg prefers it, a reminder of the time his dad beat the shit out of him

as usual scaruffi is spot on

read the reviews. if you have a disagreement with anything he said then explain

i've seen maybe a thousand people on this board bitch about scaruffi giving on of their favorite bands a bad rating (they're actually good ratings most of the time)

have yet to see anyone actually explain how he's wrong

I mainly go to Scaruffi for rock and jazz reviews, not for his electronic or hip hop ones

His fetishism for innovation/originality is really annoying. Sometimes it just sucks that he can't appreciate good songwriting because it's "unoriginal".

What's wrong?

>user play "Counter Meme"
how do you reply?
>A.not cringe at all
>B.meme'd again
>C.but muh scruffi
>D.u won user

Wasn't Discovery rated lower than that? Did he change his mind?

Not the OP, but my biggest thing is that Homework, while good, is pretty much your average acid house for the most part - almost everyone they namedrop in "Teachers" has done what Homework did before and the majority of them executed it better. Discovery definitely takes from other styles of dance as well - from old-school italo disco to house to funk to electro - but it combines them in a way that is much more original. I'm just a little surprised Scaruffi prefers Homework because he tends to place ingenuity above all else.

>Scaruffi
>giving a Beatles album a higher rating than any other album
>let alone giving TWO Beatles albums higher ratings
The Scaruffi is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

yeah, we could go with your dumbass interpretation or we could just go with what he actually said

Explain what? What's your actual problem with this and why? What am I supposed to explain that Scaruffi doesn't explain in his review?

dude u replyed to a 69 post and a dubs post, I think ur cursed

>ignoring the 666 in the OP

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

t. the person who gave TWO BEATLES ALBUMS a higher rank than Daft Punk

R.I.P. Scaruffi's integrity.

reminder to radiohead fans

>it just sucks that he can't appreciate good songwriting because it's "unoriginal".
Red House painters, Nick Cave, Nick Drake and Neil Young desu.

What does that have to do with his integrity? Why are people so shocked that he gave these ratings to those albums?

You should always bump reviews up .5 because his highest rated album is a 9.5, that way you better define the top of the scale

wtf I hate Discovery now

They deserve those scores. Daft Punk is held in high regard not because they were that great, but because they were many people's introduction to electronic music and a lot of those people grew up to make music themselves.

All hail devil's trips. Scaruffi officially BTFO

That is an accurate score for commercial dance record user. Scaruffi isn't a fucking normie who is easily impressed like others.

Those are fair and accurate ratings on the Scaruffi scale though. Besides he mostly rates music on how much they innovate and not his actual personal enjoyment of them.