/grimes general/

Discuss the nicest Canuck in the music biz, Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

READ FIRST
genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated

-Medieval Warfare debuts on Zane Lowe this week, confirmed via Zane Lowe himself. Hype?
-She's only playing at festivals for the rest of her tour. Anyone catching any of these?
-Who would you like to see her collab with?

Leave your opinion on her music
>best
>runner-up
>worst
>underrated
>overrated

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes! (and each other you sadistic fucks)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GrimezszDaily/status/760587497558519808
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
twitter.com/grimezsz/status/743909669014380544
instagram.com/p/BIir2V0gGm_/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=5LjuAxePlgI)
a.clyp.it/iqu4qdms.mp3
weirdcanada.com/2010/01/review-grimes-geidi-primes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How come I was listening to grimes before any of you, yet I'm not an embarrassing shut-in spastic about it?

you're being one right now

but you are

medieval warfare debuts tomorrow

twitter.com/GrimezszDaily/status/760587497558519808

I forgot to edit the op

Shame the previous general thread was deleted randomly. It was pretty chill anyway.

You are, but you don't know it yet.

yes, there wasn't another grimes thread at all to justify it being deleted

A Grimes-curated Mixtape Pandora playlist from late last year. Couldn't find a tracklist anywhere.
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

probably because you actually enjoy her music, not her face and qt personality

this grimes a cute

I'VE BEEN WAITING

Vanessa...Berry good

Why are you posting a picture of Skrillex in a Grimes thread?

The house Lou Gramm grew up in is across the street and a couple down from mine.

School me on Grimes please

she's a musician who makes music and dances sometimes

she eats food and drinks water when she feels like it. her favorite way of staying active is doing activities.

what if Medieval Warfare sucks?

nada about her music

what's her music like

Do you fags actually like this shit? It sounds like horrible generic pop to me, please school me on the appeal.

>that nu-male

it'd be really sad because she likes harley quinn a lot and it's been a dream of her to be on the ost of this movie
twitter.com/grimezsz/status/743909669014380544

It's absolute fucking shit and mu is completely fucked for liking it.

I bet you use "cuck" as an insult too

I wanna know something and I wanna know it right fucking now.
How do you fucking like Grimes, shes so ugly, such trash, and makes music for top 40 but is hidden behind layers of irony only Tumblr girls could love. Are you all Tumblr girls? Holy shit shes so fucking shitty

woah dude, hit a nerve?

your ex-gf was ugly as fuck montieeeee

well she probably has a few songs at least that are good

anyone?

you got me to reply, so I'd say yes?

There's none, it's trash

Go listen to some of it - it's not hard to find (this is the internet, after all.) If you like pop music, start with Art Angels. Otherwise If you think pop music is devil music, start with Geidi Primes.

who is that qt?

Montie I'm a proud Montie boy but how can you not love Grimes?

aight i'll start with Art Angels settle down ffs, dumbass bitch

Forgot to add that you should then listen to the rest of her stuff in reverse chronological order. Also - if Art Angels wasn't to your liking don't just give up there, because her music is EXTREMELY far ranging genre-wise (chances are that you'll find something in there that you like.)

>what if Medieval Warfare sucks?
Go sucked, but then she made Art Angels. If it sucks she'll make something good after. Doesn't really matter.

I like go

Listen to her stuff in chronological order, starting with her first album. You might change your opinion.

Seems Grimes is busy in the editing room again...

just saw her upload a da share zone meme, her meme game is on point

also Idk who grimes.ca is but he/she comments on every thrashique pic, so annoying

>thrashique
I think you just invented a new genre there.

Really digging the giant crack running down the middle of her screen.

Yeah i'll try it bro

thanks for the reply

hahaha, just googled if to check my misspell and found this, at least I'm not the only one

I like realiti

Where she upload it?

she seems like the kind of person that would browse Sup Forums
do you anons think she's ever come here?

She created the thread

instagram.com/p/BIir2V0gGm_/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en
maybe she browsed Sup Forums from time to time to learn production skillz? probably at least on of her friends in montreal did
normally I'd like thinking about this but I created the thread

Wtf is trashique? This account is garbage what did this

"band" by hana and grimes, don't know if they'll ever release any music or if it's just for the lols

ooo the trashique profile pic is that bear meme that says I fucking love cocaine
grimes confirmed for cocaine addict

How many places on the Internet in mid-2012 do you really think were prone to featuring in-depth discussions about whether or not she shaves her legs? (youtube.com/watch?v=5LjuAxePlgI)

Who dat Asian cutie?

Skrillex

I like her eyebrows

Cheeky cunt! XD

But for reals, who da Asian cutie?

I've been listening to the leak for the past 4 hours now. It does not suck. different? yes. sucks? no!

>bye nylon tv haha

>opens internet
>sees discussion of shaving her legs
>supposedly closes internet
she's alluding that she wasn't on for very long, and that's one of the first things she saw?
yeah grimes goes on Sup Forums

hi claire
you're cute (you, not your music. i love your music but in a serious way not like an "oh that's cute" way)

>>step 1: hate yourself
>>step 2: find graimth
>>step 3: realize you love graimth
>>step 4: realize that she's a lot like you, aside from gender and lithp-- she even makes music similar to yours, but with kawaii influences
>>realize you're actually pretty awethumb
of course i'm fucking kidding. kind of.

I figured it out myself... she's tokimonsta. A Korean producer based out of L.A.

I think, aside from her music, a lot of us like her b/c she shares a lot of the same mannerisms / social ticks that we do.
And that James is a larger, longer haired version of me.
>tfw you will never find your own grimes gf
end me now

Guys this is not a /prod/ thread, but I don't see one so maybe you guys can help me. I have this amazing song I was able to make, then I realize that there is an audio pop for a second on my vocal file. Does anyone know some editting wizardry to work around this? I already have the song mixed though.

>leak

what leak

oh my god this is perfection

is grimes the modern day frida kahlo?

a.clyp.it/iqu4qdms.mp3
Here you go

Lol you only just figured that out?

Here - have the first ever international press write-up on Grimes (the first time she was compared to Kate Bush, at a time when Claire had yet to discover Kate Bush's existence):
weirdcanada.com/2010/01/review-grimes-geidi-primes/

I love how she ironically wears facial/bukkake glasses trying to illicit come kind of plausible deniability response.

the best fairy bubblegum sythnpop out there.

only Art Angels

I'd really like her to be popular one day but you just know that with everything she is up against in male dominated society it will never actually happen for her. She is doomed to be underrated for eternity.

>she ironically wears
>facial/bukkake glasses
>trying to illicit come kind of plausible deniability response.
I don't even understand any of these, please explain

I mean I can kind of get the gist of what you are trying to say, I think, but can you elaborate on what I've split into these quotes?

what did he mean by this

She likes loads in the face and she's telling you that with her glasses which is ironic because she's a feminist and the only reason she's wearing those in public is to get you to react to them

nasty perverts should go to Sup Forums

Quite the alluring mystery that user portrays.

How do her glasses tell you that?

>which is ironic because she's a feminist

How does that make it ironic? What does her being a feminist have to do with anything?

No woman wants to be understood and dismissed thus no woman's self-characterization is ever accurate, usually it is furthest from truth.

please tell me this is some kind of abstract ironic shitposting and you don't actually think these backwards thoughts, user

You want me to tell you a soothing lie? you must really like lies! do you wear make-up per chance?

the only one who's swallowed soothing lies is you. hook line and sinker.

>do you wear make-up per chance?
are you unironically implying that make-up is lying?

I think it's okay to lie to people who wear make-up and request lies, sure.

>don't wear make up
>get shit on for being ugly because stupid boys feel the need to voice their dick's opinions at every opportunity
>wear make up to stop getting called ugly
>stupid boys with mommy issues use it to morally justify lies
i dont even have a problem with lying, but acting like makeup is a justification to sidestep whatever stupid moral walls you've put up is just plain sad

go away, grimes would never be friends with a fatty boomsticks like you.

Oh... it's you again. Ignore him - he's a Grimes thread shitposter from an unenlightened previous era.

It's a natural consequence of the action, just factor it in to the conversation, like this "sure jimmy, I believe you that you are not having sex with other girls" and everything is back to equal.

the most beautiful woman of all time

figuratively and literally

i want grimes to lie to me

do you think she looked in a mirror that morning and observed just how much attention that shirt draws to her chest?

i bet she did and said "Eh, fuck it"

I'm sorry but Claire is the real Canadian Idol

There you have it she is just one of the boys, a unique dancy boy.

free the nipple

>wear make up to stop getting called ugly
>become slut to stop getting called prude

Blame others for your most rewarding actions much?

Has Grimes ever cheated on anyone?

of course not. what kind of question is that?

proof?

user, who are you even talking to?