/nmhg/

i made a thread yesterday where i gave live feedback to this album during my first ever listen. i've listened to it many times since then and i am absolutely in love with it. are there any albums similar in sound/style to this one? any recommendations will be put onto a list and listened to at some point in the very near future.

in order to keep this from just being an /r/equest post, what are your genuine thoughts on this album?
did you know about it before Sup Forums?
favorite song?
is on avery island better?
do you expect to see jeff again in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXxT70VlpIU
youtube.com/watch?v=1w9iv7RcmPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone else get Galaxie 500 vibes from Leave Me Alone?

It almost sounds like an imitation of them

youtube.com/watch?v=zXxT70VlpIU

youtube.com/watch?v=1w9iv7RcmPM

I enjoyed that thread yeaterday OP, reminded me of Sup Forums circa 2010

Check out Olivia Tremor Control- Dusk at Cubist Castle if you havent already. Same label as NMH, more of a psychadelic 60s pop sound though.

thanks!its added to the list.

>Sup Forumstant listening to the core classics and not just meme rap and rnb

brings a tear to my eye

Try out the glow pt. 2 by the microphones. It's got a similar vibe what with the lo fi freak folk sound, only it's more somber and melodic than aeroplane.

i've heard this one before and did like it very much. are the other microphone albums as good as this one

mount eerie is a masterpiece mate. no flashlight and it was hot,... are alright i guess

thanks, i'll add mount eerie to the list

Is this an ironic shitpost thread? Even though I enjoy the album, it's impossible to take it seriously on Sup Forums.

no it is not, i assure you.

Might want to check out Elliott Smith- Either/Or

Not as weird as ITAOTS and theres less instrumentation but theres still that ghostly pop feel about it

Check out "Picaresque" by The Decembrists.

My favourite track from ITAOTS is Two Headed Boy. Pretty basic choice, but I absolutely love that sense of urgency in Jeff's voice when he's screaming at the top of his lungs.

Divorce lawyers I shaved my head has similar vibes as well

I've seen it so many times here, finally gave it a listen. I thought it was a meme album, I actually liked it.

listen to this OP

already listened to this one. i remember telling my friend it was essentially "traps arent gay" the album.

Yeah was about to post this. Listen to it asap op

These as well as pic related, which is Circulatory System's self-titled LP. It was formed by former members of OTC and Jeff Mangum (the frontman of NMH) contributed to the album.

I was in that thread too, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

OP Here! so far i've listened to

which i really enjoyed, i'm curious if the rest of label is this consistently good?

mount eerie was very cool and i think i like it more than the glow part 2. there's also a band called mount eerie apparently, any word on that?

i really enjoyed the sparse instrumentation, it reminded me of somewhat of a brainchild of ITAOTS and 60s American Folk

i'm currently listening to:
and will return with feedback once i'm done

thanks! its been added to the list.

these are really great suggestions guys, thank you very much.

The band Mount Eerie is a continuation of The Microphones, listen to them. The label is solid all the way through.

Same junes

This is great. Black foliage by Olivia tremor control

two headed boy has been playing over and over in my head for the last few days

am I Sup Forums nao

>tfw reliving 2010 Sup Forums glory days through OP

Please keep this going

Since you started with ITAOTS, My Bloody Valentine- Loveless would be another classic Sup Forums album to try out.

Or if you want something more conventional, REM's first album, Murmur is great.

not a big fan of this one t b h, sorry. i'll relisten to it though

another album i really dug, i think this whole label is GOAT so far

same as above

listening to loveless, not really getting it so far.

Assuming you're new to Sup Forumscore, why not try Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven. I always find people's thoughts on it interesting

On Avery Island if you haven't already. and download Ferris Wheel on Fire

i'm not very new. been here about 2 years, but avoided ITAOTS because of memes, which was a BIG MISTAKE.
here is my chart, the marked out ones are the ones i've listened to

Oh boy you have so much great music to discover don't wanna overload you but a couple recs
IYL Weezer listen to Pavement's Slanted and Enchanted and Guided by Voice's Bee thousand
IYL Velvet Underground & Nico LISTEN TO THEIR OTHER ALBUMS the first three are masterpieces