Why isn't your favorite 2016 album in the top 10, Sup Forums?

Why isn't your favorite 2016 album in the top 10, Sup Forums?

whats the full top ten? too lazy to check.

>RYM

ahahaahah laugh at this fool

>Bowie #1 because dead
>Radiohead #2 because it's radiohead

Lame year for music tbqhwyf

This. Fuck RYM. Pretentious pseudo intellectual central.

I listen to music that I like. I don't want to wast my life rating music numerically and circle jerking over it.

>I listen to music that I like.
As opposed to what, exactly?

because it hasnt been released yet.

I'm so excited for this album

it leaked
it's good
i'm not gonna upload it
its on what.cd

Oh sheeeeeeit

Music other people think should be considered good

But it is. Terminal Redux is my favorite 2016 release along with Tempo by Olga Bell. Fucking love her.

Literally no one forces themselves to like music. They may keep listening until they like it, but you can't force yourself to like any music that deep inside you dislike.

But user, you are the one who thinks that music you like should be considered good.

>Technical Thrash Metal

>Kendrick b-sides and Electroswing meme in the list at all

Tempo is fucking ace

Because people can't listen to music without associating the pretentious singer and bassist.

Same for Liturgy

its on getleaks

out of the admittedly very few recent releases I've listened to, these were the best.

Let's have a look at this top ten here.

Well the top two are only the top two because they're from established artists. They're both really only decent. They're out.

There are three neckbeard albums, including one from fucking Fates Warning of all people. We all know metalheads are at odds with the rest of RYM and likely don't even rate other genres. That's all out.

Half the list is useless already. I'm not holding out hope for the other half.

So we have the final album in post-rock era Swans (pass) and a followup to an Australian hip hop album that hasn't aged very well at all (super pass). Those are out.

Two backpack rap albums. Sadly the best things on the list. They're out, regardless.

Finally a pretentiously longwinded IDM box set. Out and then some.

It's not in the top ten because I have better taste than the users of this site, it seems.

i know your taste is shit just from you saying the hip-hop albums are the best t b h

The best on that miserable list. Doesn't mean "good".

Glowing man should be 2, desu

well that and your "critiques" are extremely arbitrary and meme-y as fuck. you didn't even comment on the actual music content so i'm guessing that you're either baiting or authentically stupid.

List your top ten.

>Vektor even in the top ten
>its #3
What a time to be alive

For real, that record is awesome (although I have to admit I still prefer their second).

painting with should be 2 js

Elseq is clearly one of the best albums of the decade, it's clearly a milestone for things to come

>the ship
my nigga

Aribtrary and memey as fuck were necessary to maintain brevity. I could, if I wanted to, give each of the albums a short review, but I'm not going to for two reasons. First, it's not worth the effort to make a point I made just as well by being "memey and arbitrary" and secondly, going to that much effort reflects on me far worse than what I wound up doing.

Sure. Why not? Doubtlessly this'll lead to accusations of contrarianism, if not just blind dismissals. But I'm enough of a narcissist that I don't mind.

1. Tominaga - Echoes of Megaliths
2. Idris Ackamoor - We Be All Africans
3. Jack DeJohnette, Ravi Coltrane & Matthew Garrison - In Movement
4. Autoryno - Flauros
5. Dispossessed - Insurgency
6. Nik Bärtsch's Mobile - Continuum
7. The Dwarfs of East Agouza - Bes
8. Body Sculptures - A Body Turns to Eden
9. Fire Orchestra - Ritual
10. Puce Mary - Spiral

Idk people don't listen to them or something. which they should. Thank You Scientist are the bees literal knees

Why is your AOTY in the top 10?

#1 desu, bowies only there because he's ded

my favorite release of the year might very well be this comp - some of the craziest house and techno out there atm. ace label.

just saying, the autechre "album" isn't really meant to be consumed in one sitting and i don't really see how it reads as pretentious 2bh? i see the approach as being p egalitarian actually - the listener gets to create their own "choose your own adventure" way of listening to the collection and it can be seen as valid no matter what method you go with. like, for elseq it doesn't seem sacrilegious or w/e to play only part 4, or part 3 after 2, or to make a playlist, at all (it works though, playing 1-5). v fluid and an interesting way to move away from the constraining album format. obviously ymmv tho...

also it's not really idm, idk why ppl & rym cling to that label so much.

move out of the way plebs

>liking that mediocre af stott album

Nah, I bet you just couldn't come up with cogent critiques.

>First, it's not worth the effort to make a point I made just as well by being "memey and arbitrary"

Except you made no good points, lmao. You literally just spewed out a bunch of buzzwords or judged the material based on how the artists are perceived or on their previous releases. You genuinely sound like someone who thinks they haven't bought into memes, but the truth is you have - just in the opposite direction.

because slam never gets to top 10

Kendrick B sides are not even close to ScHoolboy Q's Blank Face.

Nothing in hip-hop this year is even close.

Lmao shut the fuck up stupid nu-male

>Why isn't your favorite 2016 album in the top 10, Sup Forums?
it is though, that vektor album is pretty great desu.

As I recall The Astonishing didn't even make their top 1,000