Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry

born 1926 still kickin

Lets have a thread in his honour

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AaIXNjC0piA
youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably the most entertaining and consistent early Rocker I've ever listened to. Elvis, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, that piano guy... other than a few songs I always get bored. Berry knew how to craft a solid Rock tune and could play the fuck out of a guitar and had a good charm and style. One of the best ever easily.

Ripped off more blues songs than Led Zeppelin desu

First Berry

Best Berry

Did Berry

In Mayberry

He'll be fine.

>90 years old
>still eating shit from whores
Hell be fine

Seriously it's amazing
The man basically invented rock and roll. He witnessed the history of rock music from beginning to end. Rock musicians much younger than him are dead now.
Does anybody have a pic of that punk zine that had an interview with Chuck Berry where he reviews songs by the Ramones and the Sex Pistols and is like "I don't see what the big deal with this punk thing is, the chord progressions are just like mine"

hes black tho

It's true
Punk/new wave was sort of viewed as a new thing but it was basically just 50s rock and roll 2.0

youtube.com/watch?v=AaIXNjC0piA

he's a meme by association now

Don't they just basically prop him up on stage and tell him to fuck around on the guitar a bit nowadays though?

I still love Elvis. Great singer.

You're a faggot by association.

He's alive but he's not kickin

>Born 1926

Why hasn't anyone hung this nigger yet for crimes against whites?

It makes me really angry that Elvis is considered the founder of rock music, Elvis made country music.
Chuck Berry's music is a lot closer to modern rock.

if you mean by associating w/ this board, then I think we're all faggots here (including you)

No one calls Elvis the founder of rock music you retard. That's Bill Haley and His Comets.

Absolutely. Nothing against any of them and they all have their place in history. I only wished to point out that among all the greats Berry is the only one who had me interested enough to listen to full albums of his and really explore his work beyond the hits.

>People still give a shit about who founded nigger tier music

Fuck you both.

Wynonie Harris was the real creator of Rock Music.

Fair enough. I haven't listened to much Chuck Berry. Any album recs from you that I should download?

Most will agree that it was Bill Haley's band.

>people still think their derivative shit posting is funny and/or original.

I dig all of his early albums. After School Session, One Dozen Berrys and Chuck Berry is On Top I believe are the first three.

Thanks. Appreciate it. I'll download these.

>People still won't deny that rock was overall a degradation in artistry

/thread

ok

If you listened to more then the white fucks that popularized rock among the white washed youth of the day you would disagree

There was at least 6 years of rock before Bill Haley.
But it was all black so of course it didn't get popular on the white radio stations

his best songs:

Maybellene
Brown-Eyed Handsome Man
Roll Over Beethoven
School Days
Johnny B. Goode
Memphis
Come On
You Never Can Tell
Promised Land

youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4

Fair enough. I'd like to know who these artists are though.

Bill Haley was just the first famous white rocker
Rock existed before him

A million guitarfags can play the intro to Johnny B. Goode, but it never sounds right except when Chuck played it.

VERY honourable mention goes out to Jimi Hendrix for his rendition at Berkeley. I believe Chuck was even quoted: "He played the fuck out of it."

Still, the guy's a beast. Understands rhythm and melody like none other.

>Wynonie Harris
>Bill Haley

Don't you mean Sister Rosetta Tharpe?

Thanks. I like to learn more and more about music history as much as I can. I appreciate it.

I think I know the secret to his longevity. Old Chucky's a dirty bird.

Thanks for this.