mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3-rVdIAAPuE
youtube.com/watch?v=NtuNKVc_jkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Think any of you can play this?

It's time to test your knowledge.

how do i keep all these chords in my head? I feel like I know too many and am going to die

user, remembering chords isn't difficult when you keep in mind that chords are all recurring patterns depending on where you're playing them on the neck. It's all about remembering those patterns.

Fun fact: can't figure out on your own how to build a maj7 chord? Just build a minor triad off the third.

yes

but that's infinitely harder than just taking a c maj chord and adding a seventh

No it's not. All you're doing is recognizing a pattern on guitar. Someone can know where to add a minor/major 7th and also recognize the pattern of 7th chords on the neck, they're not mutually exclusive.

i'm just saying it's better to know why you're doing something than to just recognize patterns

recommend me some songs with slow chord progressions to practice arpeggios on

don't cry anime girl *pats you on head* its ok

And I'm saying the two are not mutually exclusive: you can do both.

I can understand how a major chord is built and also recognize its different patterns along the neck through experience. Personally, I think being well-versed in theory is great; but recognizing patterns like these has helped in the application of that knowledge, especially when soloing. That's just how I learn though. Everyone's different.

maggot brain

clearly you can do both. i'm trying to recommend things to beginners in this thread. i think knowing intervals and how to put together chords is more important for soloing than pattern recognition, mostly because it helps in using your ears, which is way better for soloing than just getting stuck in patterns. it also allows you to create your own chord voicings and learn notes all over the neck

bit rude

free your mind bitch

*ignores you*

*teleports behind you*

youtu.be/3-rVdIAAPuE

don't you dare touch anime like that!!

> i'm trying to recommend things to beginners in this thread.

A beginner is not going to learn about 7th chords, they're going to start with triads.

this applies to all chords

You got good taste even though it led to this action posting bullshit that should be bannable.

there's nothing wrong with using patterns. when you're improvising you can't have your head filled with theoretical nonsense other than some fairly basic shit related to the chord you're playing over

What is the fedora of basses?

fodera

Does BC Rich make basses?

?

to elaborate, a 6-string fretless that is never used to play actual basslines, only to tap and make cool mwah sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=NtuNKVc_jkA

>being surprised someone playing technical death metal goes diddly diddly everywhere
that's like complaining someone with a P-bass and a pick only plays the root

Why are metalfags so sensitive? You're worse than powerlifters.

I've never heard anything nearly as bad as this, though. He makes every song an unlistenable clusterfuck. He is missing literally all of the fundamentals of good bass playing cause he just practiced tapping and Jaco-soloing. Sean Malone and Steve DiGiorgio at least understand the pocket pretty well.

as a beginner

I've no idea what you just said and honestly it just made me feel worse

why not do both?

#sweeps #roids

I'm just saying how it is. Flamboyant and needlessly complex playing pretty much defines what technical death metal is.

Sean Malone and DiGiorgio both play along 6 stringed guitars, the notion of bassline is kinda lost with 8 strings since they're much more in the bass register.

third of c major: e.

minor triad: root, minor third, perfect fifth

root: e, minor third: g, perfect fifth: b.

put those three notes with the root note of the maj7 chord you're trying to create, C, and you get C, E, G, B, which is a Cmaj7 chord.

hopefully now the other guy understands why this is needlessly complicated and why it would be way easier for me to explain a c major 7 chord to you as just a C major triad with an added major 7th, which is B.

Just read a book on theory or something man, don't try and learn anything from this shithole

nobody in this thread has said anything wrong theory wise you fucking retard

Of course they do. Tom Araya used to thump on a Mockingbird back in the days.

Did the Euro buy the V yet? They just opened up

But all the attempts at teaching it have been fucking terrible, spaz

I mean, metal bands that use ERGs tend to be poor composers in the first place. But I'd rather have a vestigial bass track than one that makes the song totally incoherent.

thinking about working on a different scale every day of the week. which ones should i work on?

just play dorian every time and you'll be classy

go through major and minor first
then all the modes
then all the blues and jazz
then bebop and pent
then synthetic
then raga

but i think that's more scales than there are days in the week

psssh nothin personnel kid

i meant list them all out and do one of them every day, isn't that what you wanted?

Then you don't belong here because you're literally retarded.

Here you go, buddy.

Sunday: Major
Monday: Minor
Tuesday: Blues Scale
Wednesday: Dorian
Thursday: Lydian
Friday: Harmonic Minor
Saturday: Phrygian Dominant

I thought that would make him fit right in?

Is everyone who's never picked up a guitar before a retard too if they don't understand that? Kill yourself.

and yet for some reason i still think the best place to learn music theory isn't from Sup Forums

is there no need for the pentatonics?

"What to the lines do"
"Whatever I do the note doesn't change"
"I made the twisters look like this picture but it still sounds wrong"
And finally
"Telling people they suck motivates them to improve"

Do it in addition to Blues Scale day, or instead of Lydian or Phrygian Dominant

>"Telling people they suck motivates them to improve"
That's what I do actually, I watch good people, realise I'm bad, and get back to practicing.
Also you forgot "I bought a Squier Bullet and it was a good purchase because it taught me some guitars are shit"

are you the guy who couldn't recognize the E Major scale and thought it was a fancy variant of dorian mode?

no that's phil, phil's a cunt

Ethan, I need you to leave. I'm not going to post here again until you do.

;_____;

business idea: everyone start tripping so we know who everyone is. i'll start

daily reminder that washing your hands before playing improves tone up to 30%

Not if you play grunge.

funnily enough the best advice I was ever given was not to wash my hands right before playing guitar

daily reminder that playing grunge deteriorates your tone up to 40%

Why though?

what about crust punk

You want your fretting hand to be really nice and dry so it doesn't stick to the finish.

why not just dry them really good after you wash them

daily reminder that eating pizza and then playing with greasy pizza hands improves tone up to 50%

This toangod is not me. He's just impersonating me. His guitar has less than three switches. He's no toangod.

Crust punk and indeed any form of crust loses 70% of overtones and overall tonal quality if you wash any part of your body.

Because the shit in the soap will have made your skin soft. Soft skin fucking sucks especially if you play on something with heavy laquer.

washing hands softens and moisturizes the skin so you'll both deteriorate your strings much quickly and you'll literally shred your calluses and fingertips away (personal experience). Don't worry I'll never touch a guitar with doritos fingers, I generally have clean hands but if ever feel the need to wash them before playing I let them dry for an hour at least

then stop using moisturizing hand soap? use dish soap and cold water... it dries your skin out

Worst use of a question mark 2012. Kill yourself my man.

that's why I wash my hands with rubbing alcohol

maybe you should just use bleach to wash your hands?

>not washing your hands with niggerjuice
it's like you don't even want the blues toans

Impressive

nigger juice is 1 part fried chicken grease and 2 parts coca butter lotion, the closest kfc is like 5 miles away i can't be bothered with that shit

>using filthy kfc chicken
>no watermelon

watermelon is just to cover up the smell of the chicken grease dude, it's not really required for niggerjuice

get out

>no grape drank

nigger

Maybe you wouldn't be such a whiny little bitch if you practiced more?

Nope was busy today. Will try to contact them in a bit.

remarkable digits!

You. will. lose. that. guitar.
Get your shit together senpai
Don't give me that cuckboy answer of
> well, if it wasn't meant to, then it's ok someone else gets it
That's bullshit

the dude boasting about them being banned got banned.
Well now..You wouldnt ban an anime, would you?

>Froosh
>banned

Nigga, please.

>have family over
>younger cousin plays a bit
>user can i see the guitar
>yeah sure
>everyone leaves, going to put guitar back in case
>bridge pickup is popped all the way up and it won't go down when trying to screw it in

he dropped it didn't he...

Hello friends,

I posted in one of these threads the other day about my """telecaster""". Well now I've gotten a new amp too. It's a Blackstar HTR-1. Please proceed to call me a faggot and that my gear sucks and I should kill myself. Also any tips for someone thats been playing for 6 months and would like to play emo style music would be much appreciated

I sperg out talking on the phone especially in non-native language. I hope they will respond to my emails today. Also shipping is $250 which is kind of off-putting but I'd still be willing to pay that, + import taxes, but I'd have to borrow some money which I also hate doing.
I am the cuckest.

suh dude
who? what? Sorry user I dont pay attention to the shit tier drama of a dying thread
you should be loosening the screws for a start baaaaka.
Also put it this way, is it too high that your strings buzz on it? no? then enjoy your hot new sound! ahaha

why are those animes so long?