How do Americans get so fat Sup Forums? Do they just not notice it happening or what?

How do Americans get so fat Sup Forums? Do they just not notice it happening or what?

Gluttony desu

There's such an excess of cheap and delicious food compared to other countries

Go to USA and enter a restaurant you'll see why.

HOLY FUCK is this guy a manlet lmfao

is he like 5'4?

I'm a 5'10" 125 lb hungry skelly

that poor fuckwit should have stayed at 350, at that point there's no hope left and you should just die of a heart attack at 27 instead of being the monstrosity in the final pic

>fatties making excuses
We eat like kings in France yet we don't get fat, if you appreciate "delicious" food stop eating junk to begin with

I think it often becomes this "sins of our fathers" phenomenon where unhealthy parents can't raise and care for their children properly.

Don't know if the "fat shaming" and "body positive" movements contributes in any real way. Seems like those are reactive rather than formative. Not many thin and healthy people suddenly wake up and think "they're absolutely right, I'm going to eat pasta twice a day from now on".

>shit i have no discipline and got fat and fuck me if im going for a run so lets change what people think of obesity

Another example is the Chinese, they tend to eat big family meals that are fairly unhealthy even with a lot of vegetables, but they manage their portions very well

I didn't make an excuse

I'm not fat im just trying to shed some light on it.

Food is so ridiculously cheap in the US i'm super jealous

Poor lad realised he didn't have Chad's face under that blubber
Fair play though

I think he smiles in the earlier pictures because he isn't posing for a progress pic, not because he realised his facial aesthetics doesn't improve enough from the weight loss.

>sit at a desk at work all day every day
>when you get home youre too tired to exercise or cook anything healthy yourself
>order a dirt cheap fast food pizza and fall asleep watching TV
>repeat ad nauseum
im a skinny mr skeltal, 6'1 (186cm) and 135 lbs (61kg). im also a NEET who has the time to cook his own food and exercise as much as i want. i only know that this happens because i saw it happen to my poor father when i was really young. he would come home tired as shit every day and never had the energy to do anything else. it's worse in USA than anywhere else because cheap shitty food is more readily available than anywhere else.

think about this: you can get 10 chicken nuggets from Burger King for $1.25. ONE DOLLAR AND 25 CENTS FOR A 500 CALORIE MEAL. when you get deals like that and you're tired all day from being overworked, it becomes impossible to cook a healthy meal over just buying fast food

This just shows how fucked up the work-life dichtonomy is in the US, slaving away at your career at the expense of your body and family isn't feasible in the long run, but you and I both know that most of the Walmart-tier landwhales have more than enough time to do something about their weight, they're just lazy fucks

>but you and I both know that most of the Walmart-tier landwhales have more than enough time to do something about their weight, they're just lazy fucks
that's true, the biggest fat fucks like the ones that require scooters to move around in are always fucked in the head. but the people who are in between overweight and obese, the fat-but-functional people, those are usually the result of being overworked. those make up the majority of our fat people, the landwhales are rare in comparison

But the nipponese work more than most and they are really slim.

they also cook their own meals and mostly eat healthy seafood. fast food is less prevalent and more expensive in Japan. there are many countries that work way harder than USA, but they dont have the ridiculous access to ultra cheap easy shitty food that we do.

Billions of people manage to work 9-5 and cook their own meals lad

I'm lazy and make enough for someone to do it for me. You should be able to buy people.

If the south had won you wouldn't have this problem

thats not what im trying to say, im not saying people here can't cook their own food, im saying its easier here to live off fast food then it is anywhere else. a 10 piece chicken nugget in most countries is about $3.50 USD, but it's $1.25 USD here. that's almost 2/3 cheaper here. on top of that, fast food is everywhere here, even more than in the rest of the world. There are 36,000 McDonalds on Earth, and 14,000 of them are in the USA. there is essentially a McDonalds within a mile of every remotely populated area in this country.

its the combination of working a lot, AND having such a readily available alternative to actual cooking and healthy food, thats what creates this fat fuck dystopia

When my depression was really bad I was 180lbs (I'm 5'10"). I looked at myself in the mirror and knew I had to do something. I lost 30 pounds in 4 months, been the same weight ever since. I don't know how someone can do this to himself even with depression I was able to workout and watch what I eat. I'm already depressed I don't want to be a disgusting whale on top of that. No excuse.

it's natural for some people

I'm a fatty, I didn't even notice, I just ate what I liked

don't really know if I want to make the change to lose weight, eating tasty food is so good, it's even better than sex

This is the correct answer. Cheap food is unhealthy, we have a terrible working culture.

>that kangaroo pouch of loose skin

he needs to get that shit cut off by a surgeon and he would look OK

do not lump us californians in with the rest of the hick rube shit heads

we actually work out